3D Gungnir lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
nintendude never removed any of the other files.... i've seen his work still here..

You shouldn't... generally when a modeler/unfolder leaves the forums and requests that his files be taken down, then they're taken down and that's that. Take acehigh's turret file. It was taken down and can't be found any more because he requested it be so.

Hello everyone! sorry I've not been on in a while, Life's been a bit busy my end. so I apologise profusely to everyone that's had unanswered questions about my models. hopefully should have a bit more time for everything here.

anyone started building this yet? How's everyone getting on with it?

Hello everyone! sorry I've not been on in a while, Life's been a bit busy my end. so I apologise profusely to everyone that's had unanswered questions about my models. hopefully should have a bit more time for everything here.

anyone started building this yet? How's everyone getting on with it?
Could you post an obj. file? Theres no download link anymore..

But d love to give it a whirl!

IMG0014.jpg
this is my noble six helm iv been building

Attachments

• IMG0014.jpg
    IMG0014.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 227
Nice work, wrong topic. This is about Xhimpei's Gungnir helmet, not your own personal build.

This is what we call 'topic hijacking'. If you want to show us your own work, start a new topic in the Noob Forum and we'll all crit there :)

Anyone pep it yet?, its last on my to do list after I finish my MK V suit, as an extra helmet for variety.
Also, i love the concept for the GUNGNIR because its more round, and i like the little lock emblem.

I am in love with the gungnir helmet... but when i click on the link on the first page and later on in the thread as well, the 4shared thing says its an invalid link, can someone please help!!!! where can i find this file and as i should have said first... this is the coolest and most awesome pep file ever, great job!!!!!:)

Could you post an obj. file? Theres no download link anymore..

But d love to give it a whirl!

hey gallard you got anywere yet???
as if not and if no one else has done a unfold exept for nins,
then i will giveit a shot...
i just didnt want to waste my time if sum1 else has done so.
as i am a family man, family first.. 405th second..
thanks
:D
{EDIT} you also need to have obtained a code for $/£38 to save your work other wise it will not save...

I almost cried when I saw all his links werent working... But now that Im doing a build and unfold of this helmet.. Im wishing I wouldnt have!

and on a second not.. Has anyone else noticed that in the helmet there is an open rim along the face part? I think its the modelors way of making it exact, but was wondering any good fixes for it whe I fiberglass and resin etc.

I almost cried when I saw all his links werent working... But now that Im doing a build and unfold of this helmet.. Im wishing I wouldnt have!

and on a second not.. Has anyone else noticed that in the helmet there is an open rim along the face part? I think its the modelors way of making it exact, but was wondering any good fixes for it whe I fiberglass and resin etc.

Hiya buddy - where're you seeing the open edge? do you mean where the visor meets the back of the helmet? If so, yeah basically - that was the easiest way for me to keep the mesh tidy. didn't think this would cause any one any issues with pepping it as if I remember correctly, it should be a pretty tight fit, anyway. If it is causing problems - I'll be happy to revisit the model once I've got done with everything else I'm working on.

Cheers for feedback!

Hiya buddy - where're you seeing the open edge? do you mean where the visor meets the back of the helmet? If so, yeah basically - that was the easiest way for me to keep the mesh tidy. didn't think this would cause any one any issues with pepping it as if I remember correctly, it should be a pretty tight fit, anyway. If it is causing problems - I'll be happy to revisit the model once I've got done with everything else I'm working on.

Cheers for feedback!

Bro, thank you for putting so much time and effort into doing this. I have experience with SolidWorks SolidEdge AutoCAD 3DsMax, and Inventor, and I know how much effort these programs can be. Its great to see a (relatively) new member put in some great quality work. To that, I commend you.

Also, just fixed my TIG welder, so I'll start a thread and post pics when I get around to making this helmet in metal. I'm going to use the paper as a model to create a wireframe from rod stock steel, then add some sheet over it. Should look pretty realistic.

Bro, thank you for putting so much time and effort into doing this. I have experience with SolidWorks SolidEdge AutoCAD 3DsMax, and Inventor, and I know how much effort these programs can be. Its great to see a (relatively) new member put in some great quality work. To that, I commend you.

Also, just fixed my TIG welder, so I'll start a thread and post pics when I get around to making this helmet in metal. I'm going to use the paper as a model to create a wireframe from rod stock steel, then add some sheet over it. Should look pretty realistic.

That... That just sounds.... that just sounds EPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back