3d Hyabusa Helm Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan 051 said:
you mean this guy

hyabusa.jpg

I built this on a car ride to North Dakota from Wisconsin. But the funny thing is how i build the back was i took the halo 3 mark 6 and just moved some of the verts

I will post an update later tonight (4:51 pm here). The horn will be done and im going to fix the "grill"

EDIT: What i need to do is stalk singma a little for some busa pics
yea, thats the one i tested folding for you, it didnt work out as well as i hoped, but your new one looks wonderful, and will certainly make one when its finished!
~Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Overlord_Ian said:
yea, thats the one i tested folding for you, it didnt work out as well as i hoped, but your new one looks wonderful, and will certainly make one when its finished!
~Ian
Yep i remember that. When i get this thing close i will send you a beta version and see how it looks

EDIT: Im still amazed i did that in a moving car with a mouse

I think you're off to a pretty good start but, I also think you've got quite a lot of redundant geometry in there. I don't know what application you're using (sketch up?), but It might be handy if you can set up some image planes and create some splines for your mesh to snap to, it looks like it could benefit from some straightening out. If you put that in pep, it will go banana's and spit out a very complicated pattern. When you're modelling for pepakura, you want to try to describe shapes with the smallest amount of geometry possible.

NZ-TK said:
I think you're off to a pretty good start but, I think you've got quite a lot of redundant geometry in there. I dont know what application you're using, but It might be handy if you can set up some image planes and create some splines or your mesh to snap to. If you put that in pep, it will go banana's and spit out a very complicated pattern.
Sketchup a pain to load images theres know front, back, top views like in the nicer ones.

Whats splines by the way?

Splines have a lot of uses but, for modelling they can be used to align geometry to, almost like a clothes line, you can hang your polygons on

Wireframe.jpg

You can also use them to extrude surfaces, for the hayabusa helmet, you could probably set up about 4 splines and extrude the whole crest in one go, then do the back by editing half a cylinder

NZ-TK said:
Splines have a lot of uses but, for modelling they can be used to align geometry to, almost like a clothes line, you can hang your polygons on

Wireframe.jpg

You can also use them to extrude surfaces, for the hayabusa helmet, you could probably set up about 4 splines and extrude the whole crest in one go, then do the back by editing half a cylinder
got yeah. The spines in sketchup arent all that hot but theres ways around that. I would have edited half a cylinder but i cant do any thing all that fancy in this so i had to use a mark 6 model to get the shape and rework it

EDIT: I have found one way to clean up the mess

busasmooth.jpg

This just points out were all the defects are but when i get it done it will amazing in pep if i can get it that smoothed

Right now im trying to get it in pep but my files type dosnt work well in pep

Spartan 051 said:
got yeah. The spines in sketchup arent all that hot but theres ways around that. I would have edited half a cylinder but i cant do any thing all that fancy in this so i had to use a mark 6 model to get the shape and rework it

EDIT: I have found one way to clean up the mess

busasmooth.jpg

This just points out were all the defects are but when i get it done it will amazing in pep if i can get it that smoothed

Wowza, looking good 051. I really like how you cleaned up the middle spike, Very Nice!

Spartan 051 said:

Did you export it as a google earth .kmz ?

Zaso117 said:
This may sound like nitpicking but to be more precise, it needs to be exported in Google Earth 4 format, not just Google Earth. The latter is not supported by Pep Designer.

Keegan said:
Wowza, looking good 051. I really like how you cleaned up the middle spike, Very Nice!

I still need to play with alittle but i like it

Zaso117 said:

Ral Partha said:
This may sound like nitpicking but to be more precise, it needs to be exported in Google Earth 4 format, not just Google Earth. The latter is not supported by Pep Designer.

I have tried both google earth and google earth 4. Every time i load it in google earth 4 it doesnt recognize it (all i get is a white screen). Right now i have know idea how im going to export it

Wow. That is amazing! :p :lol: ;) I should get back to work on mine. It fell off of the stand and I had to re-do it. SSOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I should have learned. I tried to make the mjolnir thigh and it looked good.(no pics) But it feel apart before the silicon could get here!!!!!! :oops: :mad: But I'm gunna try to go by BishopX's method. I hope it works.

Spartan 051 said:
you mean this guy

hyabusa.jpg

I built this on a car ride to North Dakota from Wisconsin. But the funny thing is how i build the back was i took the halo 3 mark 6 and just moved some of the verts

I will post an update later tonight (4:51 pm here). The horn will be done and im going to fix the "grill"

EDIT: What i need to do is stalk singma a little for some busa pics

Thats funny I used to live in South Dakota :D

*edit*

Looking good but for future reference I would try not to work in tri's so much. It can get harder to work with later. It may be difficult but try to use quads. Keep up the ggod work!

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Yes, it does need some cleaning up, but hey, you've gotten farther than anybody else. So kudos to you

i think the helm looks very good and will be looking forward to see an updated pic of it.

Keegan said:
You can always send me the sketchup file, and I could make a pdo.

If you want... XP

I will send you a pm later

agbates said:
Thats funny I used to live in South Dakota :D

*edit*

Looking good but for future reference I would try not to work in tri's so much. It can get harder to work with later. It may be difficult but try to use quads. Keep up the ggod work!
I would love to use quads but every time i adjust something i get a tri. But the cool thing is when i smooth it all the tris turn into quads (i think. I'll snap a picture later)

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Yes, it does need some cleaning up, but hey, you've gotten farther than anybody else. So kudos to you

dozver12 said:
i think the helm looks very good and will be looking forward to see an updated pic of it.

Hopefully i will get it done tomorrow then hopefully i will get to unfolding it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back