3D Modelers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi Ben

Jr Member
HEY HEY!! its been a while since ive posted on here and im in need of assitance so i thought id come here.

im making a movie with a friend, its completely CGI and im in need of a modeler who can model a character just from a concept image. ive tried to draw front and side views of the concept but i cant draw for reference images for $#!T haha. theres no time limit on this and the project is non-profit or budget. if it can be rigged for animation that would be an added bonus, as i shall be animating it. the texturing of the piece isnt completely necessary right now. if your interested in something like this and would like some more info,send me a PM thanks everybody! hope to hear from some of you guys =]

- Yogi-Ben

EDIT: here is the concept image

2uijjex.jpg

I could give it a go for ya, but I would need to finish my stuff for university first. That would be in may. But to create the character you would need reference images of the back and bellow the knees. How detailed would you want the character anyway?

well the id like the detail as close to that pic as possible and anything that cant be seen would literally be up to your creative side.

Well it would be a bit of a challenge but I think I could get it really close. One thing I noticed is that in the pic there is a bit that appears to be one piece.

dunnoe.jpg

This piece would make movement kind of hard unless it was some sort of flexible material. How would you want that modeled? In one piece or split into a couple of pieces?

I also noticed a lot of detail underneath the suit as well with all of the pistons and stuff (I like stuff) which will be fun to rig up. Any preference in the file format that it can be saved to?

hmm im not too sure about that piece. im not entirly bothered about the pistons being modeled. like unter the suit yer but the obvious ones at the chin and legs can go. erm well ill be using 3ds max to animate it so a .3ds file yould be ideal. its just that piece that is outlined... hmm. not really sure how to over power that section. unless its so the character cant turn at the waist. ill leave it up to you my friend. hit me a pm or something if details about anything need to be covered..

I'd be happy to at least do a part of this. I may have the time to do the helmet/head at least and see if you like it ...

this is great i have 3 people working on the modeling. unfortunatly i didnt sketch this lol. hell if i did i would be damn impressed. nah i just found it on google. ill be animating this character (well... therll be about a hundred of them...) so hopefully i can do it justice =]

Yogi-Ben said:
this is great i have 3 people working on the modeling. unfortunatly i didnt sketch this lol. hell if i did i would be damn impressed. nah i just found it on google. ill be animating this character (well... therll be about a hundred of them...) so hopefully i can do it justice =]

hold your horses. You mind sharing where you got it from?

And wouldnt it be a little more creative if you came with your own concept? Just picking a concept off the internet isnt that kinda stealing? :/

Last edited by a moderator:
rundown said:
hold your horses. You mind sharing where you got it from?

And wouldnt it be a little more creative if you came with your own concept? Just picking a concept off the internet isnt that kinda stealing? :/

Is picking a concept from an Xbox game less stealing?

im not going to be making any profit from this and im not taking credit for the design of the character. i wouldnt dream of doing that. but i can see your point rundown. it would be more orignal but i really cant draw all that well to save my life. but like i said im not taking credit for the design, only the animation

About 100? Dam! Thats a lot of animating. Thank god thats what I am studying. That means I can help lighten the load for you a little by hopefully setting up some if not all of the bones/rigging.

As for the piece I outlined earlier, I think that I may be able to split it into separate parts as to allow movement. But that means that the final design will be a little different from the concept. But that is usually the case in the animation industry. Not everything is practical, which is a shame really. And the pistons can be modeled and animated but I can leave them out until I get the rest modeled.

Do you remember where about you got this pic. I know you said google but I wouldn't mind seeing some more of this persons work.

Whats the animation for? Is it for something like college or is it just for fun?

It's nice to see a few people here helping out.

AceHigh said:
Is picking a concept from an Xbox game less stealing?

I just pointed out that he should credit the man/woman who made it. No need to attack me personnally... If you have a problem with me just spit it out but not here.

rundown said:
I just pointed out that he should credit the man/woman who made it. No need to attack me personnally... If you have a problem with me just spit it out but not here.

I don't have a problem with you, I just found the stealing remark kinda strange given what we do on this forum.

AceHigh said:
I don't have a problem with you, I just found the stealing remark kinda strange given what we do on this forum.

you shouldnt point your finger at me then cous i say when i edited a ripped model.

I do credit...

rundown said:
you shouldnt point your finger at me then cous i say when i edited a ripped model.

I do credit...

Never said you didn't. All I'm saying is that it doesn't become less stealing or copyright infringement if you do credit. Therefore I don't think that you should be accusing Yogi-Ben of stealing either.

AceHigh said:
Never said you didn't. All I'm saying is that it doesn't become less stealing or copyright infringement if you do credit. Therefore I don't think that you should be accusing Yogi-Ben of stealing either.

whe are a community based on armoring of a wellknown game bungie even know whe do this look at ithica, he sended them recon helmets.

whe are kinda giving them a hell lot of credit in the titel of this site. It was just the credit i'm worried about. It should go to the people who diserve it. Ive even had problems with this before that i didnt got whats mine. And i think that drawer wouldnt mind being asked before they model his work over.

they know that whe do this the drawer doesnt.

AceHigh said:

I kind of agree with what Rundown is saying. There is a difference between what we do "here" and what Yogi-Ben is wanting to do. We make 3d models of things from Halo for Halo. He is wanting to make a movie that is using someone else's design. To me there is a pretty big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back