Status
Not open for further replies.

willdillmill

Hello, everyone! This post is a long-time coming. Back in December, I got the bright idea to build a Master Chief suit with no experience whatsoever in 3D printing. It's been a wild ride with many trials, errors, and frustrating evenings.

I immediately found help through this forum through people like MoeSizzlac, who provided the files I used, MrJamin, RandomRanger, and JGPenland. These guys have been invaluable in solving my frustrations.

I was going to wait until the suit was completely done, but I did a test of the upper body last night, and I was so thrilled with the progress that I just had to share it. Thank you all for being such an awesome community, and I hope you like what I've got so far!

F3F3FB44-106A-4127-B2ED-E6727017A0E3.jpeg
2797024B-3407-4C20-AB02-169310E24CB9.jpeg

Last edited:
A
Hello, everyone! This post is a long-time coming. Back in December, I got the bright idea to build a Master Chief suit with no experience whatsoever in 3D printing. It's been a wild ride with many trials, errors, and frustrating evenings.

I immediately found help through this forum through people like MoeSizzlac, who provided the files I used, MrJamin, RandomRanger, and JGPenland. These guys have been invaluable in solving my frustrations.

I was going to wait until the suit was completely done, but I did a test of the upper body last night, and I was so thrilled with the progress that I just had to share it. Thank you all for being such an awesome community, and I hope you like what I've got so far!

View attachment 321543View attachment 321544
Absolutely stunning mate! Holy ****!

Looks amazing, really cleaned up well! Have you thought about adding some dirt and grime into the corners?

Looks amazing, really cleaned up well! Have you thought about adding some dirt and grime into the corners?
Thank you! I added a little bit of grime to the corners, but I was worried I would overdo it. After seeing the photos in that light, I realize I could've added more! So I'll probably add more at some point later on.

Call for heavy lift gear, I'm going to need to pick up my jaw after this absolute gorgeous first post!

Hello everyone! Thank you all for the kinds words. I'm happy to say that today was my first successful full-suit prototype run! Everything fits well for the most part.

I need to 1) fix some padding/buckling on the shins and thighs to keep them up and from rotating, 2) configure the ab wrap I ordered from the amazingly talented Phil Shinner, and 3) put some detailing on the Battle Rifle.

It's getting closer every day, and I couldn't be more excited!
EAAB60CD-3AA0-4010-8711-168322D08F3C.jpeg
AE029C10-3E65-4B3E-B4BE-6991EC3A6C3E.jpeg
1B52272A-2A63-4F8C-ABE2-69BB110D9CA5.jpeg
3081A4A9-2770-4F89-83F8-8780D82A3A9F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back