405th Mentor Programme 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ventrue

The Programme has moved!
Go here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37153-405th-Mentor-Program-3.0

Nintendude had originally started this mentoring programme here, but unfortunately he's decided to leave the 405th and thus can't oversee it anymore. I think it's worth keeping, so I asked him for permission to take care of it from now on and he's given me a green light to do so.
Update: In the meantime, Nintendude has returned, so you may see him around.

The idea behind this is that new members are likely to be confused and have lots of questions after they join; about how to build their projects, about how to use the forum, about forum etiquette and possibly about other things as well. Personal communication with a more experienced member is often the best way to solve these issues, and possibly even make a friend in the process.

If you're a veteran and wish to help, post it here. If you're new and would like a mentor to help you get into the hobby and the community, post here as well.

Feel free to add what you can or want to do. Say things like "I build wooden props" or "I know all about moulding" if you're a veteran. If you're a new member, say "I want to make a weapon" or "I want to make armour". I can't give you any guarantees, but I will try to avoid teaming up a digital artist with somebody who wants to build a life sized Warthog.

Currently assigned members:
Mentor ↔ Mentee (Mentor Focus)

Bobbio555 ↔ Ownnemesis (Fibreglass, Bondo, Painting, Foam)
AlexSpartan117 ↔ ShadoKat
A_Guardian ↔ Insert.Username.Here
GarzakAzur ↔ Pat
MKShane81 ↔ EyeShield671
Xtreme Tactics 101 ↔ LMNOSpartan
TH3 FETT MAN ↔ RedWolf
ACDCrockr209 ↔ I Am Fuzzy Bear
MikyVengeance ↔ Loxton117
Dark Fang ↔ Balistek
DYSTORTED INC ↔ ChrisD424
Brandon McClain ↔ Fiftybellow (Pepakura, Resin, Bondo, Moulding)
MCHammertime ↔ Terrag Shugo
Tactonyx ↔ Red-109
StevePerv ↔ Diaryboy
Akademee ↔ xBeaver Feaver
JUSTINIAN 117 ↔ PVC Stil (Scratchbuilding, Pepakura, Painting)
BishopX ↔ Omega Ravager
troubleis1983 ↔ NoxRocks
TMCCarty23 ↔ Deathelm
Trooper114 ↔ azewr
Road Kill ↔ Master Chives
sonic sod ↔ Axillaryrain
Roxas 56 ↔ Agent Texas
~rumble ↔ TaKaGaRi (ABS, Weathering, Painting, Finishing)
SPRTNBD50 ↔ Dragon Sunkiller
Goosebot 5000 ↔ cujo3131
B1ahh ↔ Crytek
RFPNoodle ↔ KlovisJTBD (Creative scratchbuilding)
Lunar Lord ↔ xSkywalker
Ithica ↔ Angry_Sun
Sisko4 ↔ Zero2o2
mitch35542 ↔ apollo15
odst26 ↔ eliteslayer032
Seaninja ↔ babydrop
Misfitjh ↔ nightlynutria
soul products ↔ trisscar08 (Allrounder)
Neoproks ↔ polo289
carpathiavh99 ↔ Sonicboomer (Unfolding, Pepakura, Resin, Bondo)
Jester1014 ↔ B1TMAP (Foam)
Devious ↔ AvAngelAvA, SPRTNBD50, azazel (+/Allrounder, no moulding, Digital Modelling/Blender)
RVB18 ↔ fury101 (Allrounder) (?)
costumer99 ↔ USG51 (Pepakura, Resin)
tsau-mia ↔ Dark Star, Necrogenesis (2/Pepakura)
Hickeydog ↔ okamichan, thorgod (+/Armour/Pepakura, Fibreglass)
Deadalus Thorn ↔ ODST479, Nobodysktr, Anubis425 (+)
tubachris85x ↔ Hedgietto, draco113406, JBL (+/Allrounder)
marshon ↔ Cadena, Prince NEO, Sealgair (3/Allrounder)
higdog827 ↔ SilentCartographer
DETHANIEL ↔ Gamertarded, Dodge (+/Foam)
MissingSpartan7 ↔ Excallibacca (Pepakura, Foam, Digital Modelling/3DMax)
moonwildflower ↔ Rhynard51
Will_Turner ↔ BladeSlasher
Darkrider9 ↔ SkullBoy13, Kiiraa, Teks, Rogue Gamer (+)
AI Blue Fox ↔ skullmeat

Waiting list:
Mentor ↔ Mentee

↔ StoicPlatypus
↔ SpartanT117
↔ startrekstar101
↔ Largo Usagi

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll toss my name in there - I can help out if someone is working with ABS, weathering, finishing, or has painting questions, but I'd like a mentor on point that knows about moldmaking, foam builds, or general questions on the pepakura process. I have books and general resources, but an extra ear would be great.

I dont have too many more questions that havent already been answered by the stickies, but a mentor might be a great thing to have. If you have a mentor willing to deal with me, please sign me up.

I haven't been here for a while, but I have been making costumes and props for years. I would be interested in mentoring someone.
I am most experienced with scratchbuild props and costumes, and I picked up Pepakura very fast.

I've added the three of you.

~rumble, I've added you as a mentee for now. If you wanted to be a mentor that would be fine by me, but being both at the same time is a bit of a contradiction I think ;-)

Alrighty, cool beans.

And just trying to kick in and help where I can - the original post mentioned to state strengths/weaknesses. On my strengths for the costumes I've built (kits, painting, what I listed up there), I can help others and take some of the load off the site vets. I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to help them for something I'm still engrossed in learning though. So not so much of a contradiction, but I can see that being confusing for someone on the other side, so no worries.

I can help out a couple of people, if they would like a mentor. The person I was helping has not been active in a while, so I have lots of free time. Send some my way. :)

I recently got an account, but ive been doin this for years, so i could help with dumb questions about,
rescaling pepakura, edge ID, what step is next, dont use scotch tape, etc.

And just trying to kick in and help where I can

I know and I appreciate it. Just tell me if/when you want to switch roles.

I've also rephrased that sentence above, to avoid further misunderstandings. The idea was not to provide mentors for specific areas, but rather to assign each noob to the veteran who can help him best, should there be more than one available (like right now) :)

I can help out a couple of people, if they would like a mentor. The person I was helping has not been active in a while, so I have lots of free time. Send some my way. :)

you can put me down

I recently got an account, but ive been doin this for years, so i could help with dumb questions about,
rescaling pepakura, edge ID, what step is next, dont use scotch tape, etc.

Done.

As gor being here for quite a while....I've learned much from the people of the 405th, now I shall help new-comers.

Put me up as a mentor :)

i will help some people out :)

As gor being here for quite a while....I've learned much from the people of the 405th, now I shall help new-comers.

Put me up as a mentor :)

Done.

Go ahead and flip me then, Ventrue. I can bug tuba if I need to in a few weeks in person. xD

And I thought you were such a great match both being in the 501st as well! :)
Ah, well then, but you'll have to wait a bit. We're short on noobs, it seems... (strange, huh?) I think I'll have to go place a few ads for this thread in the noob forum.

Id be happy to mentor somebody, sign me up!

Done.

hey man can i be switched to a mentor now? my mentor Goosebot 5000 has given me lots of help and i think i have a lot of the 405th armor stuff down so could i be a mentor?
thanks

I've been doing this for about a year and a half so far. I use the pep/glass/rondo (I've also used bondo quite a bit) detailing method and will be willing to help anyone out with any questions they have. I've made enough mistakes and learned from others here on the 405th enough to have a good idea of what I'm doing and would be honored to give back to the site.

Though I don't know how many people need mentors since it's so cold out. I guess it isn't cold everywhere though so if anyone is getting started I'm glad to help.

Omega

I would like to help out. :) I have not completed my first set of armor but i got most the info already memorized and if its some thing i don't know i will help hunt it out. Plus i now my way around and the basic rules. Sign me up for mentor. ;)

hey man can i be switched to a mentor now? my mentor Goosebot 5000 has given me lots of help and i think i have a lot of the 405th armor stuff down so could i be a mentor?
thanks

I've switched you. But you have talked to Goosebot 5000 about this first, right? If not, you should do that. I'm assuming for now that he'll want a new student.

I've been doing this for about a year and a half so far. I use the pep/glass/rondo (I've also used bondo quite a bit) detailing method and will be willing to help anyone out with any questions they have. I've made enough mistakes and learned from others here on the 405th enough to have a good idea of what I'm doing and would be honored to give back to the site.

Though I don't know how many people need mentors since it's so cold out. I guess it isn't cold everywhere though so if anyone is getting started I'm glad to help.

Omega

PMed you about this.

I would like to help out. :) I have not completed my first set of armor but i got most the info already memorized and if its some thing i don't know i will help hunt it out. Plus i now my way around and the basic rules. Sign me up for mentor. ;)

Done.

I also added Hedgietto as a student.

You can add that I am really good at fine detail sanding, and high quality painting. I am also really good with props.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back