405th Mentor Programme 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'd like to be put on the mentee list please. I made my first helmet and it's okay, but it could definitely be detailed more, I just didn't have the money to put out for bondo :/
Here's what I work with: I do pep, hot glue it together, use resin (I found a new resin I'm experimenting with), fiberglass it, detail as I can afford, and spray paint and sandpaper it.
In addition, I also make weapons. I made a wooden magnum but wooden weapons are an annoying process I don't have the technique for, so I'm gonna try to move to cardboard.
I'd appreciate a veteran with general knowledge that I can bounce questions off of for simple reminders or for advice in uncharted territory since I'm always trying to find cheaper ways to do stuff.
Hope that helps and thank you for your time! :D

If anyone has some spare time i could always do with a little help here and there. Im good with the pep and have taught myself fibreglassing (pretty pleased with it so far) but over the last year i have basically produced (and scrapped) almost 2 full suits (due to trying different hardening materials). If there is a mentor out there who can point me in the right direction when i come up against problems it would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

If anyone has some spare time i could always do with a little help here and there. Im good with the pep and have taught myself fibreglassing (pretty pleased with it so far) but over the last year i have basically produced (and scrapped) almost 2 full suits (due to trying different hardening materials). If there is a mentor out there who can point me in the right direction when i come up against problems it would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

You've been on the list a while, I just hadn't replied here.

not sure if this is still going on but sounds like a good idea i'm a new person so yeah >>;;

Yes, it's still going on.

I'm new here just joined today actually, and I'm interested in starting with just building armor first.. particularly odst armor or a weapon...

uhm im not sure if im eligable to be a mentor but i could help out if someone has questions on pepakura and resining

Mentors need to be Infantrymen, that way I pass down the judgement of the staff on who is a full-fledged forum member. Other than that, it's just based on my very own totally subjective opinion :)
Tell me if it's not working out.

Greetings ventrue, I am interested to join your mentorship program as a noob. My background is in biology, I have been involved with or in the military for 10 years, but it never occurred to me to build costume armor / weapon systems until very recently (a most refreshing notion). I am not well versed in the halo cannon as many of your candidates, but have always been a huge fan of Red vs. Blue and enjoy the halo graphic novels. Weak areas: sewing, foam, Pepakura, airbrushing. Strong areas: drawing, hand painting, sculpture, electronics. Thank you for your consideration.

- Jaeson

Crap, toss me in there as a noob, I may have been here for a little bit, but I'd kill for some instruction in molding and bondo work.

Greetings ventrue, I am interested to join your mentorship program as a noob. My background is in biology, I have been involved with or in the military for 10 years, but it never occurred to me to build costume armor / weapon systems until very recently (a most refreshing notion). I am not well versed in the halo cannon as many of your candidates, but have always been a huge fan of Red vs. Blue and enjoy the halo graphic novels. Weak areas: sewing, foam, Pepakura, airbrushing. Strong areas: drawing, hand painting, sculpture, electronics.

Crap, toss me in there as a noob, I may have been here for a little bit, but I'd kill for some instruction in molding and bondo work.

Added you both.

Mentors need to be Infantrymen, that way I pass down the judgement of the staff on who is a full-fledged forum member. Other than that, it's just based on my very own totally subjective opinion :)
Tell me if it's not working out.

oh im an infantryman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back