405th Theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

I know we aren't official and everything, but has anyone put any thought into coming up with a song for the 405th?

I'm not exactly up to my neck with ideas of what we could actually DO with the song, but we could use it for things like 405th advertisments.

Maybe a player on the forum portal?

I'm not really sure of a use, but they tend to crop up in discussion, so that's partially what this'll be about.

The other part is what would it be? A variant of a song from one of the games? A custom song? If you have any ideas, or actually have the time to quickly compose something on GarageBand or an equivelant piece of software, post them here.

i thought of like a parody of blow me away name it *405th is were ill stay*

crafting armor for all of us mold ur gun....create the next mold.........

idk in my mind it sounded kewl

God, I'm trying to remember the pep song. Found it:
size it, print it, cut it, fold it
glue it, paste it, glass it, smooth it
mold it, cast it, paint it, strap it...

ChaoBreeder said:
You good sir have just won the internetz for making me roll on the floor laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChaoBreeder said:

That was Vrogy's remix of Technologic by Daft Punk.

Wow, Vrogy's come up a lot over the past few days, huh?

FTW!!!

Halo 2 Battle Theme-Breaking Benjamin could be nice also

Cheers,
-John-

Crucible said:
A Spartan Aria, Stemage's custom Halo 3 track as their entry for the OST competition held before the game's release - it's a metal song.

Check out their site at http://www.metroidmetal.com

I kinda like that one, actually.

Something I would like to hear would be sort of an orchestral thing with heavy drums, sorta like a Marine march, with definate ties to Halo's soundtrack.

i agree with Spartan137. i would really like to hear something in the way of orchestral, maybe with a mix of some guitar or opera, similar to the game themes. just a thought.

Has anyone seen The Unit? I like the intro for the episodes, maybe make some sort of a spoken-word-song-thing that would be like a march, with The Unit's intro as a template.

Although, I must admit, the idea of the 405th having a theme song (or have one made) is a bit far fetched...but hey, it would be awesome.

I was thinking about this again, and I was listening to my iPod.

This isn't so much an idea about a 405th theme, but we can use 'Ballad of the Green Berets' by Johny Horton for a 405th ODST ad.

Fighting soldiers from the sky
Fearless men who jump and die
Men who mean just what they say
The brave men of the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men we'll test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live, off nature's land
Trained in combat, hand to hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage deep, from the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men we'll test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her this last request

Put silver wings on my son's chest
Make him one of America's best
He'll be a man they'll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret

Apologies for the patriotic American song, but there where just so many refrences that jumped out at me in regards to ODSTs. 'Fearless men who jump and die' just screams Helljumper, and 'Silver wings upon their chest' sticks out because Weta's suit has a silver UNSC eagle and logo on their chest.

Just an idea.

That goes along with cadences, I suppose. I was thinking of getting a few a friends together to record a few halo ones just for fun,but thats been postponed. I have to write some for physics. Theres a law we have to have so much excercise a week or something. It equates to fifteen minutes every friday (per class?) according to my teach. We're gonna march around and sing physics cadences (lol).

Back on topic:

Even if we don't have a 405th theme, fan halo-themed music would be nice. Since most cons, if I'm not mistaken, won't let you play copyrighted stuff (like if you had speakers in your suit...)

Hey,

have any of you saw Starship Troopers 3; Maruarder?
Well if you have I was wondering if we could use the song that is in the movie called "it's a good day to die" well not song but tune.
Good day to die link

<<end transmission>>

I like that Spartan Aria.

However, I agree that it should be something like the Halo 3 Trailer music, with the orchestra, piano, as well as guitar, drums, etc.

Check this edit out pretty good IMHO.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Privateer @ Mar 23 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Check this edit out pretty good IMHO.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></div>

isn't that just the halo 2 theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back