405th Veteran Chat Discussion - IMPORTANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
just throwing this out there but you may want to take a re-tally on active veteran members, also guys try and keep this civil and to the point. Nominate a discussion chair, and for heavens sake follow Roberts rules of order.

I plan for this to be a very orderly meeting. No screaming and yelling involved. We will all take turns talking and voicing our opinions on how to fix each problem one problem at a time. Adam will hopefully tell us what is do-able and what would probably be in the best interest of the 405th.

You're invited to the discussion if your name is on the participating list. If you come and your name is not on the list, tell me your 405th username and I will check out your profile. If everything checks out (6 months minimum membership on the 405th and you are of veteran AKA infantryman status) you are welcome.

As for the newbs who wish to come, this is strictly veterans only. However, you can E-mail me points of improvement and whatnot. My contact information is as follows.

E-mail: xtremetactics@hotmail.com

We all already know what is wrong with the 405th, this meeting is strictly on how to fix these problems.

VETERAN MEMBERS ONLY

Hey Veterans,

Its come to my attention, and I am sure your attention as well, that the 405th has been having problems with some of its members, functions, and overall useful knowledge. Tutorials are out dated for the pepakura technology, some new members are becoming more and more of a nuisance (as well as VERY disrespectful), and many of the older, most respected veterans are leaving. As you may have noticed, you are probably one of the very few remaining “all-knowing” veterans. I have taken a tally, and there seems to be less then 50 of the original, highly respected veterans here on the 405th. Many of the original veterans have left because of one reason or the other. The main reasons seem to be disrespect from newer members, recasters, or being overloaded with other members questions.

It seems of the less then 50 active original veterans here on the 405th, there is an average of 40 or more newer members for each of us to help. A fair amount of those newer members have no clue what stickies are, what ones to read, or how to take initiative.

Now, onto my main point.

We need change. There are too few active, respected, and overall very knowledgeable veterans to take care of the ever growing newb population. We need a few things to change around here for the greater good.

The Moderators and Administrators seem to ignore us (This obviously happening because there are so few of them compared to the vast population of the 405th), so we need to make our voices heard slightly above the rest for a moment. We need to gather as a group, discuss the problems of the 405th, and think of ways for those problems to be solved, and hope some of those actions are taken.

This is for the greater good of the 405th, and things must change as soon as possible (Halloween and Halo:Reach is coming after all... You know how that gets).

If you want to join the discussion, sign up here. You must be a member of the 405th community for a minimum of 6 months to join. Nintendude and myself will be hosting a get together of the veterans this coming Saturday at 8:00 CST on MSN and Skype. Add me on MSN or Skype if you want to participate.

MSN: xtremetactics@hotmail.com

List of those who are participating:

- Xtreme TACTICS 101
- Nintendude
- bobvdijk
- seaninja
- AlexSpartan117
- TH3 FETT MAN
- Longshot-X
- phixix
- HeavyGunner
- A_Guardian
- Adam
-H1rg0n

List of those who SHOULD attend:

- Brandon McClain
- Alex Spartan 117
- Road kill
- RadioactiveMicrobe
- Mustang2500
- TheDecade
- Judge
- Amancue
- Project003
- MoonWildFlower
- TH3 FETT MAN
- Queen
- Longshot-X
- Ka5p3r
- Spray Noob
- A_Guardian
- Shade88
- MilkyVengance
- SchizophrenizMC
- H1rg0n
- Jico
- Seaninja
- Heavy Gunner

Thank-you all for your time.

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

1277965492735.jpg

alright Tactics, you can count me in. I'm sick of all this disrespect crap.

If you want Ill be willing to join. Itll cut into my Halo time but if its for the 405th Ill do it.

I'm willing to join in, though I'm not sure if I'm "officially" a veteran yet. I don't really know what it takes to be one, so >.>

I'm hoping that by hearing what you all have to say, it will spark my inspiration and I'll come up with something to say as well. Sound good?

And I'm guessing by 8 you mean 8 pm? Because if it's 8 am I'll probably be a-sleepin'. CST is Central time, right?

08:00 pm? Noo :( , I had hoped for 08:00 am, even though that sound like a strange time, because you guys are seven hours behind me, I have to stay up untill 03:00 am lol.

Alright everyone,

I have just noticed that I have a scheduling error. I completely forgot that tomorrow is the 3rd, and me and the girlfriend are celebrating our anniversary, and I really can not miss that.

So, we can either postpone the meeting by 24 hours, move the meeting up by a few hours (Before 1:00pm CST) or arrange a different date to have it. Whatever works best for the members who are currently on the list we will do. Just as long as it is not on the 3rd of any upcoming month.

I’m VERY sorry for this problem, and hopefully this will not cause too much of a problem with everyone.

Moving the time up a few hours will work for me. Unfortunantly I leave for a camp on sunday morning. If we could move it to around 1pm tomorrow I'd be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back