A Christmas Proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loess said:
[...]

Be careful with that "mail us your gold, we promise we'll pay you" thing, it sounds like a giant scam. :unsure

Well, I seriously doubt "Dollars 4 Gold" is a scam, as they're a publicly-traded company on the stock exchange. Wouldn't do their corporate rep any good to try and scam people, imho.

MrOreo123 said:
Yeah, I've read reviews about those gold mail-in things. What they offer is way below market value. Since you're probably going to wait till April anyway (sorry to hear about the job), why not list it on ebay or craigslist? Even if it takes a while for someone to buy it, you've got the time to wait for a better price.

EDIT:

For some people, I've read that they have trouble getting their gold back if they don't like the price.

Oh, really? Hmm... I might very well consider that option, then. I think I'll try listing it on eBay. Hopefully that'll get me a more reasonable return on it. Thanks for the heads-up, buddy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SPARTAN II said:
Well, I seriously doubt "Dollars 4 Gold" is a scam, as they're a publicly-traded company on the stock exchange. Wouldn't do their corporate rep any good to try and scam people, imho.

Enron, anybody? ;)

Seriously though, now that you've got the breathing room in terms of the proposal date, you've got the time to research all your options rather than being limited to what works when you're in a bind.

MrOreo123 said:
Enron, anybody? ;)

Seriously though, now that you've got the breathing room in terms of the proposal date, you've got the time to research all your options rather than being limited to what works when you're in a bind.

Okay, fair enough :plol

You're so right in that I should take my time with this, do some research to see what option(s) would benefit me most. Doing the proposal late April will save me having desperately rush things with such a short deadline. Thanks again for your input, Hero. Much appreciated :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back