A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GotBeard,

I've only seen one person on here do a carmine foam helmet build and that being said it is very good work, i think its his first build but saying that he's bang on with his work and a really good guy if you need help, You want to talk to Skull81.

You can find his thread here; http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36910-My-First-GOW-Carmine-build!!!
although I'm not sure if he has templates but I'm sure he can give you plenty of help and tips where needed.

I'm also not sure what other foam templates you can find around on here but i do know Skull81 has some for the boots that were used by Iron Monger and there spot on as well, Hope this helped.

Many thanks, Ross

Thanks a bunch Ross!!!!
I put a reply on his thread to see if he has any templates. either way its good inspiration and helpful to see what another person is doing that i might try. He looks to be doing a scratch build with the templates, which is the way to go if you wanna keep your sanity. haha. i spent about 8hrs altering a pep file of the helmet to work with foam. I haven't tried it yet though, crossing my fingers and hoping it works. it's my first attempt at altering a file so extensively. I'll try to post it for those that are curious and for any one with experience to critique. should be picking up supplies next week and i will definitely start a wip thread :)

Thanks again for the suggestion and link.
Colton

Hey guys. Good to see things flowing again now that lambent malware is out. Thought I'd show ya what I made recently. I will be cosplaying at EB Games Expo in Sydney and thought I'd show off some frags. A little more painting to go. Still wish my arms were a bit bigger to replicate Carmine's but oh well.
"Frag out" beep beep beep beep BOOM!
IMAG0503_zps1f8ba553.jpg

Oh and I don't think I have posted it here but this is the video I entered for the Cosplay Evolved Comp. "Geared for More"

Look forward to those still progressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, was fun making it. They've accepted me into the EB Expo competition which is sweet too. Would be a good entrance for Judgement. Speaking of which I cant wait till it comes out. Get some new armour designs. !

Hey guys. Good to see things flowing again now that lambent malware is out. Thought I'd show ya what I made recently. I will be cosplaying at EB Games Expo in Sydney and thought I'd show off some frags. A little more painting to go. Still wish my arms were a bit bigger to replicate Carmine's but oh well.
"Frag out" beep beep beep beep BOOM!
IMAG0503_zps1f8ba553.jpg

Oh and I don't think I have posted it here but this is the video I entered for the Cosplay Evolved Comp. "Geared for More"

Look forward to those still progressing.

Killer Biceps... Epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys im working on clayton carmine and i have everthing except for the thighs and belt. Can anyone send them or link them please. I trying to get everything ready for a comic con and the release. Thanks

Hey guys im working on clayton carmine and i have everthing except for the thighs and belt. Can anyone send them or link them please. I trying to get everything ready for a comic con and the release. Thanks

My suggestion is to foam build them off reference pictures. As you would be walking around a fair bit in them. Better than Pep. Unfortunately I dont have the stencils I made but you will most likely be a different size anyway.

Hi fellas--

Just wanted to chime in that I'm finally complete in building the Carmine armor pep. I still need to resin, fiber/rondo, paint etc., but I feel like the greatest hurdle has been overcome :). WAY too many hours invested into this thing, but I was achieving a strange Zen-like state during construction :p. I'll chime in with pics when I have a few put together.

As promised, here are some shiny pics!

Front:
20121019235245298.jpg

Side:
20121019235224440.jpg

Back:
20121019235326954.jpg

Interior has been fiberglassed matted and rondo'd--both just for the S&G's. Tomorrow I dig into Bondo'ing the exterior. Fingers crosses, I'll get it sanded, and if I'm REALLY on my game, I'll get it primered. *Fingers crossed*

Thanks again for all the efforts of those who made the files!

Looks great so far, job well done! Goodluck with the sanding, I have a long way before I get to that part of my Marcus build.

Speaking of Marcus Fenix, I am still in the pep stage and won't get the suit done in time for Halloween. Life got in the way one too many times. I essentially have one weekend to think of something. I can go as Master Chief for the 4th time in a row, my co-workers won't be too pleased, or I can go as unarmored Marcus if I can make the boots, belt, and gauntlets in time out of foam.

So, do you foam experienced users think it's possible to make those three items out of foam in two days? Do any of you have pep friendly foam files for the boots, belt and gauntlets? I need them in the Marcus Fenix GOW 3 version. Thank you!

Thanks! I'm a fair bit further now, with my first layer of paint on :)

But that brings me to a very critical question--how in the heck do I get in this thing? Measurements have assured me that I can fit into this armor...but do not present an easy path for getting into it. My shoulders are pretty broad, a lot moreso than the entry at the bottom of the Clayton armor is...I'm contemplating using a Dremel cutting wheel to whiz down the bottom sides, and keep it closed with velcro, but I'd REALLY appreciate any advice on this before I start splitting two months of work in half :/.

Thanks! I'm a fair bit further now, with my first layer of paint on :)

But that brings me to a very critical question--how in the heck do I get in this thing? Measurements have assured me that I can fit into this armor...but do not present an easy path for getting into it. My shoulders are pretty broad, a lot moreso than the entry at the bottom of the Clayton armor is...I'm contemplating using a Dremel cutting wheel to whiz down the bottom sides, and keep it closed with velcro, but I'd REALLY appreciate any advice on this before I start splitting two months of work in half :/.

Like all of us, you will need to cut it in half. The dimensions are not that human, so while my chest and shoulders fit, my stomach wont at the bottom of the suit. If I made my stomach fit, I wouldnt have the bulging upper torso to fill the large suit. I don't see any other alternative than cutting and Velcro, I plan to do the cutting as well.

Im looking for pep files for Dom's armor from GoW 1 or 2. Any help locating these files( if they exist) would be greatly appreciated.

Let me see what I have. I ave an archive of all the Gears PDO files I could find over the last 3 years. "BUT" a crap load of them are not unfolded yet and I suck at that.

I downloaded some of the bpo to have a quick bash at making a small part but when I click print it just queues it and wont print it. Am I derping so hard I can't see or is this printer related?

I fixed the dead links to the ".pdo" files on The Gears of War Pepakura Database.
http://gearsofwarpepakura.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_Database
I want to personally thank all of the people that made the Models and did the Pepakura file Unfolding! THANK YOU! You are the ones that made this all possible in the 1st place. Again Thank you! Please keep up the hard work! Keep posting here and I will keep updating The Gears of War Pepakura Database archive.
We still need a lot more such as Dizzy's armor, Classic Dom, Dom Gears of War 3, Theron Armor, Locust Drones, and we have a few that still need to be unfolded. I hope we can get some volunteers!

The list of what we have so far:

Armor

Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG)
Basic COG Soldier "Gear" (Damon Baird, Minh Young Kim, Anthony Camine, Benjamin Camine, and COG Soldier)

Anthony Carmine's Helmet
Benjamin Carmine's Helmet
COG Soldier Helmet
COG Soldier - Chest Armor
COG Soldier - Shoulders
COG Soldier - Belt
COG Soldier - Knee pads
COG - Soldier Boots and Shins

Marcus Fenix's Classic Armor from Gears of War 1 and 2
Marcus Fenix - Chest Armor
Marcus Fenix - Shoulders Armor
Marcus Fenix - Belt Armor
Marcus Fenix - Codpiece Armor
Marcus Fenix - Equipment Pouches
Marcus Fenix - Shin Guards Armor
Marcus Fenix - Shoes
Marcus Fenix - Leg Knife Holder
Marcus Fenix - Wrist Armor
Marcus Fenix - Gauntlets (Hand Armor)

Onyx Guard (Chairman Richard Prescott's Elite Guard Unit)
Onyx Guard Helmet
Onyx Guard - Chest Armor
Onyx Guard - Shoulder Pad Armor

Anya Stroud's Armor from Gears of War 3
Anya Stroud - Chest Armor (Gears of War 3)

Damon Baird's Armor from Gears of War 3
Damon Baird - Chest Armor (Gears of War 3)
Damon Baird - Goggles (Gears of War 3)
Damon Baird - Tools (Gears of War 3)

Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine's Helmet
Clayton Carmine - Chest Armor
Clayton Carmine - Shin Armor

Marcus Fenix's Armor from Gears of War 3
Marcus Fenix - Chest Armor (Gears of War 3)
Marcus Fenix - Belt (Gears of War 3)
Marcus Fenix - Shoes

Chairman Richard Prescott's Armor from Gears of War 3
Chairman Richard Prescott - Chest Armor ( Still Needs Some Work )
Chairman Richard Prescott - Shin Armor
Chairman Richard Prescott - Shoes

COG Soldier / Golden COG (Gears of War 3)
COG Soldier Helmet (Golden COG)

Augustus (Cole Train) Cole's Armor from Gears of War 3
Augustus (Cole Train) Cole - Chest Armor (Gears of War 3)
Augustus (Cole Train) Cole - Shin Armor (Gears of War 3)

Locust Horde
Locust Drones
Locust Drone - Chest Armor
Locust Drone - Shin Armor (NO UNFOLD YET)

Therons
Theron Guard Elite Helmet
Theron Guard Helmet
Theron Sentinal Helmet

Weapons

Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG)
Snub Pistol
Hammer Of Dawn - Particle Energy Rifle
Lancer Assault Rifle
Lancer Assault Rifle (2nd file) (partially unfolded) (Full unfold in progress)
Retro Lancer Assault Rifle (NO KNIFE)
Retro Lancer Assault Rifle with Knife (partially unfolded) (Full unfold in progress)
Long Shot - Sniper Rifle
Gnasher Shotgun
Sawed-Off Shotgun
Mortar (NO Unfold YET)
Vulcan Cannon (NO Unfold YET) (Still Needs Work)
One-Shot Recoilless Rifle (NO Unfold YET)

Locust Horde
HammerBurst 2 Assault Rifle
Boltok Pistol
Torque Bow
Boomshot - Grenade Launcher
Gnasher Shotgun
RAAM's Troika
Boomshield (Closed Shield) (NO Unfold YET)
Gorgon Burst Pistol (NO Unfold YET)
Hammerburst Assault Rifle (Classic) (NO Unfold YET)
Mulcher (NO Unfold YET)
Scorcher Flamethrower (NO Unfold YET)

Grenades
Frag Grenade
Ink Grenade (NO Unfold YET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back