A4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drafter16

Hi all. I downloaded the HD MKVI helmet file and it says that its in A4 paper scale. But the first page shows the one cut out is going off the page. I'm I missing something? Or do I just move it and fix it?

My only option is to print at Staples and they do not print A4. So I will have to manually move everything so it fits to letter size.
Untitled_zps5bc73a77.jpg
[/IMG]

You will have to re-size the paper in the "Printing and Paper Settings" folder under the "File" tab, setting the paper size to "letter." One thing to make sure to do is to set your top/bottom and side margins to 5mm; this will give you more usable area on the page. Afterward, you will need to re-position the parts so they fit within the boundaries. You should not have to move each piece individually, it should be apparent where the parts were grouped together to fit on the A4 pages and you can simply select that smaller group and move it as a whole, re-positioning individual pieces as necessary.

Sometimes when I edit pep files, I don't even care about flaps going out of the map because I can just cut out the part as it might have appeared normally.

Also, for parts that add into structural integrity that have spilled out of the side should be moved/rotated so it fits using Pepakura Designer 3. You should scale your projects according to your size if you are wearing these things and might be a good idea to play around with the pieces as practice. Maybe you can unfold for us someday :p

Make sure to be cautious of margins, paper type, and overlapping pieces. I strongly recommend Pepakura Designer 3 because such tools are available. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back