Acenat, Mark Vi Suit... Looking Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey... I was just thinking... (I know, scary thought :p) If this is ur first build... and u get better with each build... and you are already EPICLY AWESOME... Are u gonna do another suit later that will make our minds xplode with awsome-sauceness???? :D

You're right, Zobar... But (being the devil's advocate), I've seen people rock the pep work, then fall to peices when it comes to the bondo work... Don't dissapoint us, Nat... we'll all be very grumpy if you turd on your fabulous pep work with crappy bondo. :p

Hey Nat, awesome armor you got so far. ;) Everything looks crisp, and by the looks of it you got the size right for everything. Good job!

But regarding the helmet, I would suggest starting with the dome, and leave the chin area to last. As you are building upwards towards the dome, everything is gonna get hard to get in place. You should start with the brim of the helmet, work your way backwards, and then down and forward again towards the chin.

That's my (more than?) 2 cents to give you. ;)

whew... long time since ive updated! well about a week or so :lol

anyway hey to all! ive been very busy and the armour process slowed due to my college work.

But i have made some progress, ive been fiberglassing (still) and i now only have half of the chest piece and the helmet to finish. i started the 'bondo' process and decided to test the left shoe cap, check out the pic!

im going to put a thin layer on top to make it more rounded and get rid of the bumps.

also i now have my gloves i will take a pic when i put the velcro on and attach the handplates. and do you guys think the helmet is a good size? i feel i have enough room for padding and lights etc..

oh and i have the lights for the helm, they are special rave finger lights haha, im going to velcro them in (i have bought some very strong velcro) only so i can remove them to replace the batteries when needed :p

bondotime019.jpg
bondotime013.jpg

bondotime007.jpg
bondotime018.jpg

bondotime003.jpg

carpathiavh99 said:
Sweet, another person building my pistol. Just in case you haven't permanently connected the laser attachment, the front of the cylinder is actually supposed to be flush with the front of the receiver. Great job otherwise! I figured someone would scale it down eventually, looks like a good size for you.

I'm loving your armor, it's looking great! And I can't wait to see the finished hammer. Keep going, want to see more!

dude i totally realized the cylinder part is supposed to touch the end AFTER i glued it together ... typical me... but i cant change it now so im hoping no-one will notice! ahah but thanks for the file, it is a great pistol build!

lordzoabar said:
Hey... I was just thinking... (I know, scary thought :p ) If this is ur first build... and u get better with each build... and you are already EPICLY AWESOME... Are u gonna do another suit later that will make our minds xplode with awsome-sauceness???? :D

thanks, yeah after this i think i will make another suit, probably a reach one, i love Kat so maybe her.. but that wont be until wayyy after July or August :D

Quartermain3000 said:
You're right, Zobar... But (being the devil's advocate), I've seen people rock the pep work, then fall to peices when it comes to the bondo work... Don't dissapoint us, Nat... we'll all be very grumpy if you turd on your fabulous pep work with crappy bondo. :p

Did i disappoint!? i hope not! i feel im working well with the bondo, and its coming easy to me, im used to sculpting clay so maybe that helps a bit :lol but i suppose i havnt really shown you guys much of my bondo work yet.. there is more to come!!

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Hey Nat, awesome armor you got so far. ;) Everything looks crisp, and by the looks of it you got the size right for everything. Good job!

But regarding the helmet, I would suggest starting with the dome, and leave the chin area to last. As you are building upwards towards the dome, everything is gonna get hard to get in place. You should start with the brim of the helmet, work your way backwards, and then down and forward again towards the chin.

That's my (more than?) 2 cents to give you. ;)

thank you!

yeah i wish i had done it that way but as i started from the chin i decided to continue upwards, its okay thought no warping, so any that happens during the resin and fiberglassing stage will be sorted when i smooth it out with bondo anyway.

but thank you for the advice, my next helmet im definatly doing it that way!

Last edited by a moderator:
The helmet scale looks dead on! Nice job with it! I dont see any warps either so you did a great job! My helmet has this annoying tiny warp on the brim that I plan on bondoing out Those finger lights are interesting :lol Never seen anything like that. The toe cap also looks good. I plan on doing that with my boots as well.

The helmet looks perfect. The whole suit looks perfect so far lol, quite the inspirational kick I needed to get cracking on my Mach VI.

Its looking good nat! Helmet is spot on! With the bondo, you may want to try the professional gold grade. It goes on a lot smoother and is a lot easier to sand. Keep up the good work!!!

Great work so far! The helmet looks like a perfect scale and I like the finger lights for improvising!

Also, agree with Brandon above... if you can get your hands on the Gold Bondo it goes on and spreads so much smoother than the regular. And I notice less pitted areas.

this is simply amazing!!! real inspiration to get my suit started :pi have to wait till after my exams though :( cant wait to see this finished!!!

Brandon McClain said:
Its looking good nat! Helmet is spot on! With the bondo, you may want to try the professional gold grade. It goes on a lot smoother and is a lot easier to sand. Keep up the good work!!!

I don't think we get the professional gold grade here in W.A

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check with an autobody shop, they will use different grades and densities, and should be able to point you in the right direction.

Wow another Aussie build, haven't seen one in a while. Very nice and the scale is more precise than the targeeting of the halo rings. You go girl ( I just realised how gay that sounded for me saying that in my head).

dang... could have sworn I already replied... huh... lol

the helm looks prefect Nat! as excellent a job as on the rest of the suit! :D

Love the idea for the lights, I have seen them around a bunch but never thought of using them for that lol.

Also, love the Bondo work, VERY professional looking job there. Cant wait to see it extended to the rest of the suit! :D

[quote name=\'mjolnir follower\' date=\'08 May 2010 - 01:31 PM\' timestamp=\'1273339878\' post=\'423316\']
@ Above post, look at the top of this page. You did :p\' />
[/quote]

lol, I ment since her last update, :p

Im following Nat\'s build with intrest :)

hey all :D

long time no update!

alright, so ive been busy (as usual) here is some pics for you guys!

ive been working on the shoulder pieces and codpiece, but its moving slowly.. the bondo work is a long process for me.. alot of sanding!

and ive been building the ma5c so ive got the method for strengthing that.. although im having a hard time strengthening the pistol. any tips? ive slushed pretty much the whole inside of the weapon but of course there is some areas that i cant get to unless i fiberglass the outside.. but then im thinking of just putting bondo on the places ive missed.

and ive been fitting the padding in the forearms, and shins so they are almost ready to go! i will give some more updates next week :p

sorry if i dont reply to all your comments! my computer is loading waaay to slow tonight, but thank you guys!

continued013.jpg
continued001.jpg

continued002.jpg
continued005.jpg

continued004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back