Acenat, Mark Vi Suit... Looking Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parts fit perfectly, I especially love how the chest fits.

So remember that I added you in Xbox Live, so lets see if your that good playing halo and If you.........Deserve the Armor!!!!! jk lol :p

But, I really want to kick your ass in Halo :lol

Hey Nat, I was just wondering if you could tell me exactly how you do your bondo, because I am relativley new to the bondo stage, and Im pretty sure I wasnt just supposed to just cover the entire thing in it. Any info would help.

Alex spartan177 said:

So remember that I added you in Xbox Live, so lets see if your that good playing halo and If you.........Deserve the Armor!!!!! jk lol :p

LOL, Competetion but if i had a stable internet connection for live and didnt need to go over a friends place i would whoop both your asses at halo, SHOOP DA WHOOP baby SHOOP DA WHOOP.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, just gonna reply to your comments..

BUT i have a big problem! i cant access this site without going through a proxy site and its getting to a point where i just dont want to go through the effort of trying to get on here.. does anyone have any helpful hints or tips about why i cant get on? am i blocked or something?

f0xtr0t09 said:
Hey Nat, I was just wondering if you could tell me exactly how you do your bondo, because I am relativley new to the bondo stage, and Im pretty sure I wasnt just supposed to just cover the entire thing in it. Any info would help.

hey, when i do my bondo i actually do it in thin parts. i would spread it across the area i need smoothing or rounding off and when it gets to a basic shape i then add some more to whichever area needs building up, but ive found that most parts just need a small part bondoed and then can be sanded round. if you want, in my next update i can post some pics of the parts with their first layer of bondo on, would that help?

Brandon McClain said:
Hey, glad to see the update!!! Looks like it is coming along great! Keep it up! If you can make it through the bondo stage you are almost there!!!

hey! yeah im glad im finally updating haha oh this bondo stage is crazy.. its taking up so much of my time! but everything has been covered i just need to sand and prime for the final coat!

mjolnir follower said:
This is offcially awesome,you are flying past so fast on this suit.Wish you all the best on completingit.Any deadlines set yet or con deadlines.

thanks, yeah im trying hard on this. yeah im actually heading to Perth's Supernova convention which is June 26th if im correct :D so a 3 and a half week deadline!

Alex spartan177 said:

thanks man! yeah i know !! i havnt been on since reach ended but will have to catch you on there and give you a match! i will say im good but i just dont play enough online.. too obsessed with mass effect !

mjolnir follower said:
LOL, Competetion but if i had a stable internet connection for live and didnt need to go over a friends place i would whoop both your asses at halo, SHOOP DA WHOOP baby SHOOP DA WHOOP.

ahah sure you would! gotta be able to back up what your saying mate! :lol

First things first...

Your armor looks stunning :), expertly pepped and ultimately carried out perfectly as well and your Mark VI helmet looks a million times better than mine.

PepHelmet1.jpg

Mine has warp-age up the wazoo! You got any tips?

As for the weapons, both look great as well. You definitely have a future in armor and weapon prop making. O by the way the gravity hammer is my favorite so far.

When you got a hammer, everything starts to look like nails.

hey hey, heres a little taste of what i have been up to!

27966_430837590279_566935279_598317.jpg

this was my original helmet, its been hardened with rondo inside.. but it was too big for me and made me look like a bobble head masterchief so i gave it to my friend FoolyCoolyMan (who also has a wip up at the moment) its fits him way better than me :D

i have a HUGE question though.. please help me!

whats the best way to connect the chest piece together? ive been looking around and ive seen so many methods.. i have the standard clips like luggage straps with the backpack style clips and i have bolts where the strapping connects but its hard to get them in the right place.. anyone have any recommendations for connecting the top of the chest piece?

Col Keller said:
First things first...

Your armor looks stunning :), expertly pepped and ultimately carried out perfectly as well and your Mark VI helmet looks a million times better than mine.

Mine has warp-age up the wazoo! You got any tips?

As for the weapons, both look great as well. You definitely have a future in armor and weapon prop making. O by the way the gravity hammer is my favorite so far.

When you got a hammer, everything starts to look like nails.

hey :pthank you for your kind words!

hmm tips..? urm well to be honest i really cant see any warpage in your helmet! what weight paper do you use? i use 250pp card stock so its thicker than the recommended on this site, so that pretty much pops out most warpage.. but you will always have some no matter what :lol

but i used the lower def helmet as a size tester and then build the higher def to get a more accurate helmet, so less bondo work.

good luck in the rest of your build!

still on a proxy people.. arghhhh

AceNat said:
i have a HUGE question though.. please help me!

whats the best way to connect the chest piece together? ive been looking around and ive seen so many methods.. i have the standard clips like luggage straps with the backpack style clips and i have bolts where the strapping connects but its hard to get them in the right place.. anyone have any recommendations for connecting the top of the chest piece?

I used 1.5 inch nylon strapping, triglides and plastic buckles from here All you have to do is run one buckle over the back and down the shoulders and put the other on the breast area. The only thing thats a pain on mine is I can't lock both sets of buckles on my own. I have to get my wife to reach inside my chest and lock one of them. For the bottom below the armpits I just used velcro. You could also use Neodymium magnets to connect both top and bottom. I've seen others do it and it works well.

Well, if all else fails, come back once more when your suit is completely finished. It is looking awesome so far. Keep at it.

Thanks, I guess I'll run out to wally world (Walmart) and pick up some heavier cardstock. Right now I am using 110 lb. But it may be good to upgrade.

Col Keller said:
Thanks, I guess I'll run out to wally world (Walmart) and pick up some heavier cardstock. Right now I am using 110 lb. But it may be good to upgrade.

You're going to get some warpage, that can't be helped. If you want to use cardstock or something heavier than 110 lb. you better make sure your printer can handle it.

Hey, Nat! Your suit is lookin mighty fine, but most of all, I think I like the cool stances you're flossin when you pose in your armor. It's totally 'mistress chief-ish'. :p

Keep it up.

DAMN NAT!!! site is down for what seemed like an eternity and you're still rocking! lol

still looking good there! (though I am shaking with anticipation for a hammer update :p )

hey everyone, ive completely finished my armour now! wore it to perths supanova so if you were there give us a buzz on here!

if you want to check out the full suit with more pics from the conventions then search nat woodland on facebook and i will totally be your friend :D

okay here are some pics, they are pretty big.
and a big thanks to everyone on here who put in the effort to make these models so i could create the suit! i thank you all, and to adam for setting up this site, i would never have been able to make this without you guys !!
30465_138087799535998_1000000433690.jpg

36704_138087976202647_1000000433690.jpg

36704_138087992869312_1000000433690.jpg

DSCN5715.jpg

28447_1510626291985_1424210591_1348.jpg

01jdhgf.jpg

sorry for double posting, but i am too lazy to edit the other one.. im the master chief one by the way! so dont confuse me with the pink.!

thanks man!

okay just wondering, 2 questions..
1. how do i change the title of this topic to say finished?
2. anyone have any good ideas for a manakin? im tempted to try the duct tape version.. has anyone done this?

and over the coming months i will be adding more detail and change some of my armour to make it wayyy better.. for example, adding led lights to the correct places across the whole suit, replacing the inner thighs with the correct stuff.. like flexy foam .. etc etc..

and weapons!! i shall use this thread to show progress on my hammer, assualt rifle and pistol... i had to put all that on hold to finish my suit ahah

anyway thanks again

nat

I do believe if you edit your first post you have that option of changing the title of the thread.

The suit looks Amazing man! can't wait to see some more from you!

I'm just getting back on the forums from that big DDOS and now you have your armor done already. It looks awesome, just like I thought it would :D Great job on it! From the pictures the chest doesnt look closed all the way on the bottom. Did something come a loose? Other then that though perfect suit! Grats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back