Acenat, Mark Vi Suit... Looking Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIC HEAVY

alright! so i got home from my classes early today and decided to carry on with my armour (what a surprise haha :lol )

anyway here is a little update, i finished fiberglassing my codpiece and right thigh fully now so its ready for 'bondo'. i also primed both shoes, shins, left thigh, right shoulder, right forearm, right handplate.

i had some silver spray paint left over from other projects and i decided to test my skill at weathering effects, i went so overboard! i decided to see if i could get a proper busted up look about it haha :D

what do you guys think?

plus the shin may look a little high as thats where i could place it without it falling down.

progress010.jpg
progress007.jpg

progress002.jpg
progress006.jpg

progress011.jpg
progress013.jpg

progress012.jpg
progress016.jpg

@ tribal: thank you :p

@ AceHigh: ahah oh i do love the hammer, i cant wait to finish it.

@ Nicktendo: ah that explains it then, the awesomeness just flows from this site :D ahah

@ lordzoabar: i know right! he has a great thread from his stuff!

@ ZakuAce: yeah i really want the feeling of putting the helmet on last of all, like a movie scene ahahah :lol totally slow motion and everything..

@ Quartermain3000: yeah i do believe the grav hammer does that to people, just wait untill its finished, i'll take one look at it and just stare .... and stare.... and stare...

Nice paint work! I cant wait to see how you tackle that space diaper! How many layers of fiberglass cloth is on it? Do you plan to sit with it? Cause it would stink if you did and it broke because it wasnt strong enough. I can imagine it would have to be the most reinforced piece of armor on the whole suit.

lordzoabar said:
.... .... ............ Woah......... :p NICE job on the painting and weathering! :D

thanks! i know i shouldnt have done it now as they arnt even finished yet haha but i couldnt help myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monicator said:
Nice paint work! I cant wait to see how you tackle that space diaper! How many layers of fiberglass cloth is on it? Do you plan to sit with it? Cause it would stink if you did and it broke because it wasnt strong enough. I can imagine it would have to be the most reinforced piece of armor on the whole suit.

yeah the side pockets have about a layer and a half, i cut my cloth thin so i could save some, but the front and back have about 3 layers. to be honest though i think i would just take it off to sit down in as im making it onto a belt and it will just easily clip off :D

gakkengod said:
Nat! Gravity Hammer FTW!! also nice paint is it supposed to look all scratched up if so thats cool.

thanks man! the grav hammer rules all weapons! ahaha cant wait to show up to the convention with it :lol

and yeah ive never sprayed scratches like the weathering look before so this is practise for me!

LOL! by all means paint away! It\'s killing me cause i wanna get started painting already but i havnt even done any reinforceing yet! :D

Great job on the legs there,

looks like you going fast now with fiberglassing and stuff , keep up the good works and keep posting those pics

Grtz

okay! some good news and bad news...

bad news first.. the grav hammer is on hold at the moment because im getting far with my armour and i want everything glassed and primed before i start bondoing. but i need to pep the helmet. so untill i finish the helmet i wont be carrying on with the hammer..

GOOD NEWS! so im halfway through the helmet and i reckon about 2 more nights working on it and it shall be done! woo haha so the grav will continue next week.

anyway here are some pics of my updates.. the back part of the codpiece is done also. just was too lazy to take a pic of it! but it is in the background of one of them

codpiece013.jpg
codpiece009.jpg

codpiece020.jpg
codpiece021.jpg

codpiece022.jpg
codpiece017.jpg

Alex spartan177 said:
Awesome job Nat :D

I bet all you do is pep all day, you have no life... JK JK :lol

BTW

whats up with the random arms in the pics?? :p

ahah nah i pep at night! im pretty much an insomniac.. :lol

the arms are my sisters as she wanted to look at my armour and she sat on the floor as i was taking pics..

Quartermain3000 said:
That weathering looks awesome, and it fits super nice. Get bondoin', I'm curious to see what you can do with that.

thanks! yeah i am too.. going to practise on a small piece first haha

tribal said:
Great job on the legs there,

looks like you going fast now with fiberglassing and stuff , keep up the good works and keep posting those pics

Grtz

thank you! yeah im getting better, practise makes perfect :D

lordzoabar said:
LOL! by all means paint away! It\'s killing me cause i wanna get started painting already but i havnt even done any reinforceing yet! :D

yeah i was too eager and love spraying haha get reinforcing!

Nice work! I like the weathering and it looks especially good with the contrast of the Black. I can already tell this will be an EPIC suit

Forge said:
Nice work! I like the weathering and it looks especially good with the contrast of the Black. I can already tell this will be an EPIC suit

thanks! and this is just a test to see if i could pull off the weathering look! :lol

Ah so it looks like your splitting the cod piece in 2 pieces instead of 4. I may split mines into 4's though so it can be evenly distributed around me. If your worrying about your thighs fitting tight, dont cause your wearing jeans and they fit fine. So anything thinner than jeans will be great, like those storm trooper undersuits. Cant wait to see how your helmet turns out, I was wondering when you were going to get to that :lol

Forge said:
A TEST!! Its amazing you should totaliy keep that look

ahah yeah i really want to, i just need to decide on a the final colours yet!

Monicator said:
Ah so it looks like your splitting the cod piece in 2 pieces instead of 4. I may split mines into 4's though so it can be evenly distributed around me. If your worrying about your thighs fitting tight, dont cause your wearing jeans and they fit fine. So anything thinner than jeans will be great, like those storm trooper undersuits. Cant wait to see how your helmet turns out, I was wondering when you were going to get to that :lol

nah its going to be into 4, easier to connect to the belt. i just havnt cut it as i wanted to see what it looks like with the legs together. when i start the bondo process i shall cut it to work on the pieces individually. yeah im going to buy some thin camo pants (black of course) to go underneath probably with knee armour on top.

yeah its taken me a while as i only pep after 9 at night so ive been working on the weapons and should have started my helm :lol

xavierjer said:
This is a great first build. Looking forward to seeing the hammer.

thanks! yeah i cant wait to finish it

Sweet, another person building my pistol. Just in case you haven't permanently connected the laser attachment, the front of the cylinder is actually supposed to be flush with the front of the receiver. Great job otherwise! I figured someone would scale it down eventually, looks like a good size for you.

I'm loving your armor, it's looking great! And I can't wait to see the finished hammer. Keep going, want to see more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back