Ah, Yes, Another Noble Six Build. (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElkMidget

So, after staring (and abruptly ending) several of my previous builds for many reasons, I managed to finally gain some time (after focusing on both school and the Regents exams (of which only New York administers and forces its students to take -___- mind you, I took my first regents today and I'll be stuck outside almost all of next week taking more exams, but enough of that)) to do a build. I tried to do an Emile build a month before Halloween last year, but didn't finish in time. So, with that in mind, I set out to begin this build.

DSCN3382.jpg

DSCN3383.jpg

DSCN3430.jpg

It's slanted, sadly. I'll throw in some cardboard struts to even things out before I harden it.

DSCN3424.jpg

I got bored, teehee. I just have to be careful around it, though.

More to follow.

-James

lol. im going to tell you like ive told others. dont be a master chief or a noble 6, be your own spartan. make some add ons. make your spartan unique.

lol. im going to tell you like ive told others. dont be a master chief or a noble 6, be your own spartan. make some add ons. make your spartan unique.

That's the joy of Noble Six, it's a blank slate. Most of us customized our noble six in-game.

Besides, if someone wants to make master chief, that's their own choice. It's more about making what you want for yourself, and what makes you happy. Because most people will only see your outfit once in passing at a convention or whatnot, but you're the one who looks at it in the mirror every morning, and on your computer's wallpaper, and in soft focus mural above your bed...

Elk, will you be doing any colors or attachments? You might want to check out the Halo Vanity program, it's a nice way to get the basic look of your spartan laid out.

why is it theres always that one guy who wants to troll. i never said that they cant be master chief. its just metter to make your own spartan. if you stood with 50 with spartans, the ones who will stick out are the custom ones.

and noble 6 would be a blank slate, if he wasnt a character. just cause you can customize him doesnt mean hes a blank slate. you can customize master chief but hes not a blank slate.

im just saying its better to be unique. just like your spartan in the game. people dont leave it blank cause its static, boring.

why is it theres always that one guy who wants to troll. i never said that they cant be master chief. its just metter to make your own spartan. if you stood with 50 with spartans, the ones who will stick out are the custom ones.
im just saying its better to be unique. just like your spartan in the game. people dont leave it blank cause its static, boring.

You actually literally said:
dont be a master chief or a noble 6

It ultimately is each person's own choice, and Elk has made his, a couple times even! I don't see how "each person should make whatever they want to make even if it's already been done" is trolling, but okay, I meant no ill to you, and I'm sorry if it came out that way. To each their own.

When talking about Noble Six's customization, I refer to the in-storymode changes you can make to his/her appearance, which you cannot do to Chief in H1/2/3, was a bit vague there.

If Elk likes a Gray MkV helmet (and we still don't know, it could be yellow!), that's a personal choice, and I hardly consider it a boring one. Thorn's noble six is Gray, and it is one of the coolest pieces on here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29935-Noble-Spartan(mod-s-add-on-s-begin)

---

In an effort to stay on topic, I will refer back to Elk... You mention that your piece is lopsided, if you look, especially on the "nose" of the helmet in the last picture (excluding the statue), you can see that some of the numbers are not lined up. When gluing pieces, it's pretty important that you make the two numbers line up to each other, as they are printed in the exact middle of the edge, so they serve as a reference on how to connect them together. If you are doing hot glue, you can easily fix it by undoing the old glue. If you're using PVA you would need to start over. I suggest you be careful if you decide to use support struts for this piece, as forcing the cardstock in directions it doesn't want to go will create stress points at other places where the helmet compensates for the forcing. This can yield bulges or cave-ins if you don't use the supports correctly. Good luck on the helmet and the tests.

congrtats. first person on my ignore list. i hate trolls.

elk. its looking good. i like to start on the sides and then make the back and top. then connect them to the sides. working in sections makes it easy but can be difficult with some longer parts.

cant wait to see the next set of pics for your progress

As you pep, it will start to loose that lopsided look. Just try to do the same thing on booth sides. Meaning if it off a hair on one side do the same on the other and it will clean up nicely. Helmets are challenging so keep that in mind as you go along. I personally put mine off till near the end.

After that...It's you're build enjoy it.:D

Don't let you're dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you pep, it will start to loose that lopsided look. Just try to do the same thing on booth sides. Meaning if it off a hair on one side do the same on the other and it will clean up nicely. Helmets are challenging so keep that in mind as you go along. I personally put mine off till near the end.

After that...It's you're build enjoy it.:D

Don't let you're dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.

exactly. its a battle with me cause the helmet is the most gratifing part to make but also the hardest to work with

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't updated this in a while! o.o

First off, Onmi Shift and Katsu, both of you guys have good points. I decided to make TWO costumes - one for Halloween itself and one for Comic-Con, which is a Multiplayer SPARTAN-III that looks like this:

Vanity_634762406304375000.png

And a blank Noble Six.

elk. its looking good. i like to start on the sides and then make the back and top. then connect them to the sides. working in sections makes it easy but can be difficult with some longer parts.

cant wait to see the next set of pics for your progress

I agree. And I'm working on Hugh's ODST helmet - with a couple of modifications so that the pieces fit on the paper (sorry if this breaks the 405th's rules or anything :/), and it really is easy. Should have pics up by tonight at the latest.

-James

EDIT: Can anyone swing me by the file for Carter's TACPAD, and not Jun's please? Looks like MissingSpartan7's database is down (from the last time I checked) and I've looked in a lot of other places, with no success.

Sorry about that, and thank you!

wow this looks awesome so far :D your helmets look like they are pepped pretty clean so far
keep up the good work

PM me if someone hasn't sent you the file and i'll send it to you. that being said i wouldn't take omni too seriously, actually multiplayer spartans are really common so i think it would be really cool if you did the noble six with basic armor in that gunmetal color i honestly think he looks pretty badass and high speed like that. But if you want to make your spartan that's cool too, i like the ODST look he has about him. Nice clean work you have on the helm btw, i have never been brave enough to try the paperclip method so kudos to you.

wow this looks awesome so far :D your helmets look like they are pepped pretty clean so far
keep up the good work

Thank you, Road Kill! same goes for your build also!

PM me if someone hasn't sent you the file and i'll send it to you. that being said i wouldn't take omni too seriously, actually multiplayer spartans are really common so i think it would be really cool if you did the noble six with basic armor in that gunmetal color i honestly think he looks pretty badass and high speed like that. But if you want to make your spartan that's cool too, i like the ODST look he has about him. Nice clean work you have on the helm btw, i have never been brave enough to try the paperclip method so kudos to you.

Okay, thank you Tenebrus! You are a lifesaver. And I was actually planning on making two costumes since I can't make up my mind >.< and the paperclip method's pretty easy, just that everything's in it's own box >.< so yeah, it's slow (for me), but it's easy and accurate.

And here's updates, since I haven't been on here often:

-ODST helmet finished; preparing it to be glued/hardened/bondoed. Pepping the Reach attachments at the moment.

Last night:

DSCN3453.jpg

Today:

DSCN3455.jpg

DSCN3456.jpg

That fragile little piece in the back ripped. :(

DSCN3457.jpg

I'm planning on getting started with the leg or arm pieces today; those look like they're going to be a lot of work. O.O

-James

So, lately my Noble Six build got sidelined thanks to laziness/another project (of which I will explain later on in this post).

Here's what I have so far:

DSCN3491.jpg

DSCN3493.jpg

DSCN3507.jpg

I began sculpting the left boot out of clay a week ago;

DSCN3514.jpg

DSCN3521.jpg

DSCN3522.jpg

DSCN3530.jpg

DSCN3534.jpg

And on the other hand, I recently rebooted an old build of mine, the N7 Valkyrie rifle from Mass Effect 3, which caused the delay:

Mass_Effect_3_Guide_N7_Valkyrie.png

(Credits to the owner of the image)

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

DSCN3551.jpg

If anyone's interested, I started a new thread for the rifle itself.

And this concludes a long post.

-James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back