Air Soft Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Spartan117x.

So surely some armour is better than nothing, correct? I'm building my armour out of thick fibreglass, reinforced with aluminium plates. It's designed mainly to protect against bumps, crashes and light falls, will it be strong enough for Airsoft?

I think I'm just confused if you're set on playing airsoft or just making halo armor to play.

009-SPA said:
Thanks Spartan117x.

So surely some armour is better than nothing, correct? I'm building my armour out of thick fibreglass, reinforced with aluminium plates. It's designed mainly to protect against bumps, crashes and light falls, will it be strong enough for Airsoft?

Are you making halo armor for use? If not I'm not sure why you would make it. If so, then possibly. You don't need aluminum plates, and you barely need to protect against bumps crashes and light falls-unless you're using Halo armor.

asdfsdf.jpg

That is what I wear, you can choose to go MUCH more basic. (I wear the goggles when I actually play, and don't mind the distortion / text) Like I said, all you need are goggles and a gun, and possibly camouflage, then if you want to spend more, a vest to hold magazines and gear, more unnecessary stuff are knee and elbow pads and boots, and all of these commas.

Last edited by a moderator:
My God. We have people who actually play Airsoft here. (Nice loadout, by the way.) If you've never played Airsoft at an event before, I suggest going out and doing that BEFORE building armor for Airsoft, so you can get a feel for what it's like, and so you can know exactly what you're getting into. Find a local team, and make some friends. They're EVERYWHERE. Seriously. Some teams might even lend you a gun if you're a cool person. Personally, I prefer to travel much lighter. Dang stuff gets way too hot, and I'll be worried about breaking it most of the time.

oh we wanted to call our selfs the 607th legion aka "the howling wolfs" that should tell you something right there and it is that we are deadly alone and that we are deadlier in a pack just like the Spartan 2's.

halo boi said:
around Cleveland had we got the idea so that we would be the s I's Spartans 1 yea to start training early and and yes it was there idea to were the armor and all officers will have special armor such as the rough etc. and everyone else will have odst and colors will tell the rank like the elites. i just been able to get back on the 405th don't know y?

the colors will be from high to low sliver, gold, red, black. and yes the sliver is to distract the enemy so we can shoot them they would never see what hit them.

we do want to put the guns in shells of halo weapons any suggestions about were we might get gun that fire the same way?

halo boi said:
around Cleveland had we got the idea so that we would be the s I's Spartans 1 yea to start training early and and yes it was there idea to were the armor and all officers will have special armor such as the rough etc. and everyone else will have odst and colors will tell the rank like the elites. i just been able to get back on the 405th don't know y?

the colors will be from high to low sliver, gold, red, black. and yes the sliver is to distract the enemy so we can shoot them they would never see what hit them.

we do want to put the guns in shells of halo weapons any suggestions about were we might get gun that fire the same way?

009-SPA said:
Thanks Spartan117x.

it should be yes. its harder to sand but it is much stronger than bondo. its should withstand mostly all airsoft guns..... unless you buy thos really high tech guns that are like air soft mini guns XD but it should be fine yeah

It is certainly possible to put airsoft internals in a weapon shell. But Halo weapons are weird looking at it makes finding the right internals difficult.

I recomend not putting the parts of an airsoft gun into a custom shell unless you have a lot of money, and are technical-smart. Airsoft guns are fitted perfectly so that everything is alligned and set up right, from how the magazine is loaded, to how the motor sits, to how the hopup is placed against the gearbox. What you CAN do, is build a halo weapon and trim off the unnecessary parts of an airsoft gun and then just place it inside. If you want a BR, build it off a Fa-Mas or other bullpup. (Famas is pretty darn close). But yeah, go airsofting before you start spending the money and time to make the armor, if you hate it theres no point. The most important thing is just to wear proper goggles, a motorcycle visor/vacformed one won't stop it.

Honestly, I don't have much faith in you guys doing this, don't take it offensively, but just people have tried before and failed. Yes, nightmarearmorstudios makes paintball proof armor, despite it being super expensive, it is possible.

And flyerfye, theres actually a lot of people here that are airsofters, you just can't pick em out. And playing in hot weather with a ton of gear is the best part! Just be sure to have a camelback, its a lifesaver. I've played plenty of games in full gear where it was super hot and people thought I was going to pass out. (A couple where I thought I was going to) but the camelback is, as stated, a lifesaver. Besides, I like to get my money's worth on my gear and lightly prepare me for what's to come.

Well it can really hold up if you resin it good cuz me and my friends are already doing it so trust me it will hold up ill post a video of it tomorrow after noon so you guys can see the after math of a airsoft gun

Actually I hang around a forum where a lot of people put airsoft internals in shells and even in real rifles. It takes a little technical skill but it is doable. However I also doubt that this project will pan out, but please prove me wrong!

SpartanPhalanx1 said:
Actually I hang around a forum where a lot of people put airsoft internals in shells and even in real rifles. It takes a little technical skill but it is doable. However I also doubt that this project will pan out, but please prove me wrong!

Oh don't get me wrong, I've seen it done before and I've seen some pretty cool stuff. But if someone doesn't know a thing about how airsoft guns work, its going to be very complicated.

thx and we were going to mold the shell so the would hurt like hell when we melee

good news i just tested my armor you know what i mean and it works with just one layer of fiberglass but for the bad news it broke my gun i put it point blank

EMOD360 said:
Well it can really hold up if you resin it good cuz me and my friends are already doing it so trust me it will hold up ill post a video of it tomorrow after noon so you guys can see the after math of a airsoft gun

good thats good posted in this form so everyone may see our smarts also you want to join?

good news i just tested my armor you know what i mean and it works with just one layer of fiberglass but for the bad news it broke my gun i put it point blank

EMOD360 said:

good thats good posted in this form so everyone may see our smarts also you want to join?

Please watch the double/multi posting, if you have something to add to or need to expand upon your post use the edit button instead of adding a new post.

Spartan117x said:

Nice loadout.....CA M16,Flakjaks, Mich 200(guessing replica), PROBABLY Condor PC set-up, and a blackhawk SERPA CQC holster with a 1911 MEU. Not sure, but that was my guess at first glance...

Anyways, why waist your time and money to look like a total dbag on the field? Seriously, you will be the laughing stock at any field, your preformance would SUCK, and it would just be waisting time and money.

Also, the Famas, FN 2000, or AUG would be the best choice to make a halo rifle.

Bobo The PandaX said:
Nice loadout.....CA M16,Flakjaks, Mich 200(guessing replica), PROBABLY Condor PC set-up, and a blackhawk SERPA CQC holster with a 1911 MEU. Not sure, but that was my guess at first glance...

Anyways, why waist your time and money to look like a total dbag on the field? Seriously, you will be the laughing stock at any field, your preformance would SUCK, and it would just be waisting time and money.

Also, the Famas, FN 2000, or AUG would be the best choice to make a halo rifle.

Great guesses from just looking. But its a bit diff, although hard to tell.

Got the CA m16 and goggles right, but the MICH 2000 is the real deal MSA one, the PC is the real Eagle PC with cummerbund, holsters right, and the 1911 is actually the M1911a1 with hogue grips. At first glance though, that was darn close. And the pouches are Tactical Tailor, this is why airsoft can be expensive XD. But hopefully I'll be able to use it in non-airsoft if I'm allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back