Airsoft Replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be pretty sick though. You should just buy a gun (a good one) that resembles the ar and stick your templates over it. Then you know it will work and you could take it off it you wanted to make adjustmensts. With your templates though if you go to an airsoft or paintball retailor they might be able to provide internals for it.

kool is there any links out there.......im not into airsoft or paintballing, i might just get into

here is a great one. Note this is all highend AEG and gas stuff.
www.airsoftextreme.com/ Hey maybe you make a gas AR. At least you won't have deal with electronics but you might have a prob. going places with it cuz they might think you're trying blow the place to bits! :shock:

link4044 said:
that sounds good.....im trying to figure out if i should make my AR hollow or not, if i do make it fire BB's.....then i have to make sure that the barrel is straght and have to find a mag that well fit and long enough

although it would be cool if the AR actually worked, I would rather stick with just a prop replica cuz then you could fill up the inside with magnets and wires for other functions like a more accurate counter. It would also be safer for con and game release events. :dee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Redsleighdown said:
link4044 said:
that sounds good.....im trying to figure out if i should make my AR hollow or not, if i do make it fire BB's.....then i have to make sure that the barrel is straght and have to find a mag that well fit and long enough

although it would be cool if the AR actually worked, I would rather stick with just a prop replica cuz then you could fill up the inside with magnets and wires for other functions like a more accurate counter. It would also be safer for con and game release events. :dee:

I'm with totally red, just thought it might have been easier to start with for newb (like me) cuz then we can get an idea of how to form the diff. parts etc. Also it is a base to work off of.

Last edited by a moderator:
well im down for just the led's and the counter to work.....thought it might be kool to have one like that then again it work be ez on my wallet

thats what im trying to get my AR to be like, compared to the pulse rifle....im going to write to shop machine shops to see if they can do some metal parts

For an idea of shape, pictures of the casings can be found here http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?cat=Gearboxs though there are plenty of suppliers in Hong Kong and the US.

I'd probably go with a version that is used in all the decent M249's that are available (and happens to be one I have spare from upgrading my own M249) It also helps that it's basically a single unit with a regular shape with a simple micro switch for activation that can be actuated in a number of ways.

Dimensions are 220mm long x 65mm high x 35mm thick
http://www.starairsoft.com/product_detail.php?productid=64

Dreg is not entirely accurate with his comment on parts. The vast majority of internal parts are fully interchangeable. As with any technical hobby there is a huge range of aftermarket parts for upgrades from a range of manufacturers. Of course the range is rather dizzying. So far as the shonky cheap plastic Chinese shite goes, that's another matter.

Mostly I was thinking out load after having a brainwave from seeing Link's picture of the templates all laid out. Looking at the AR it strikes me that it has a lot of potential internal space in there that would lend itself well to an airsoft gun.

I'd pop a large battery in the foregrip section and use a barrel and breach unit from an M4 (really simple and freely available.) A removable clip strikes me as rather a fiddly prospect, I'd investigate ripping the guts out of a powered magazine and having a reservoir in the top unit.

Once you get a hang of how an AEG works, it really isn't rocket science; however it is fiddly and can have some esoteric issues. As a first project it might not be the best of ideas (lord knows I've experienced enough expense and fury messing around with the kit I have.) However in the design of the AR there is potential to make a truly godly BB hose of a gun.

The biggest problem I could foresee would be assembling the finished item in such a way that would allow access to the internals for maintenance and repair.

I have to admit safety issues at a con wouldn't be a problem. Myself and friends use airsoft guns as larp props, just have it unloaded and the battery removed or at least unplugged.

Noticed a slight mistake I made in that last post and tweaked it (the box ain't a version 3.)

TBH getting an M249 gearbox can get dammed expensive (I've been there.) For those of us that don't have spare crap knocking around, you may want to get a version 1 from a FAMAS, which would work out pretty cheap, is a bit thinner and about 2 3rds the length.

i think im gonna turn my airsoft gun into an AR but it wont be very accurate as in the way it looks but i want it to resemble an AR atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back