Aluminum Pap Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikosb13

My W.I.P for my Aluminum Plated Papakura armor!

Here is what im doing.. Making papakura armor, then reinforcing it with thing aluminum plates, why? Because i have made several pieces of armor, that simply warp, or break before I have a chance to fiberglass and bondo them. It also is still a relatively cheap way of making armor, Same thing as normal Papakura, but.. with aluminum :) . Not only will it allow me to shape the armor easily, and retain its form, but it also provides extra support and strength. check it out :)

100_2214.jpg100_2213.jpg100_2222.jpg100_2224.jpg
Well, thats what i have so far. The shoulder looks, and feels great. It still is able to pivot at the center point, and is still extremely light. I also have Horizontal Ribs going across the top and bottom piece to retain shape.

I will be working hard on finishing this shoulder to see the actual outcome. I will Fiberglass and bondo it tomorrow hopefully, and will update again! Hope everyone likes my work.

Attachments

• 100_2225.jpg
    100_2225.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 195
there are a few around, infact he posted this stuff on my alluminium armor forum :p. it's not the first, but it is looking great!!

Yeah, There is a few other people trying the same thing, but with full metal. This is just easier :p

Gona Fiberglass and stuff today, keep you guys updated

Nikosb13;bt2622 said:
So, i have the handplate done.. any suggestions on how to attach it to a glove?

use velcro: sew one side onto the glove then hotglue the other to the bottom of your handplate.

don't forget to use a few pieces so the handplate is stable, or one large piece that covers the entire bottom section of the glove. :)

Sweeet, thanks. I was gona try like bolting it on or something.. im using RAP4 Gloves, so i have a solid base, and the underside of my plate is filled with foam :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back