Amazing Project Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudgunguy

Hello, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is frank,i have been lurking around this forum for a couple weeks now. As my name insinuates i make potato guns, not your typical hairspray types either, getting to my point, i am trying to think of a project that can combine my love of potato guns, and my love of video games into a beautiful piece of artwork(i was thinking a gow, or halo prop), and i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Any ideas?

Im sorry if this is in the wrong section or something.

The first thing that comes into my head is the rocket launcher from Halo.

However... a lot of different larger guns can be made from potato guns.

Stevieboy7 said:
The first thing that comes into my head is the rocket launcher from Halo.

However... a lot of different larger guns can be made from potato guns.
Yeah that was the first thing that popped into my head too, i am also thinking the halo sniper based around this design

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur! I drew up a diagram for a pvc pipe rocket launcher a while ago, and maybe you can do something with it. It's really rough, but the general idea is there. Hope it helps! :)

[attachment=16402:SPNKR Diagram.jpg]

HeavyGunner said:
I concur! I drew up a diagram for a pvc pipe rocket launcher a while ago, and maybe you can do something with it. It's really rough, but the general idea is there. Hope it helps! :)

[attachment=16402:SPNKR Diagram.jpg]
yeah if i make an m41 i will probably fire Nerf vortex footballs, that means using 2" PVC for the rocket tubes, and i will probably use metered propane injection for the fuel source seeing as a pneumatic(air powered) version would be more difficult to make while still keeping aesthetics, and last i will most likely have one chamber, and a rotating barrel assembly much like the m41 in the game.

As this project is mostly for aesthetics i will probably keep power on the lower side(≈ 250-300fps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I have an idea. Why not make a shoulder mounted gauss cannon like the one on a warthog? Hell if your making something big like a rocket launcher then why not upgrade a little..just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back