AndrewTheWookie's Recon/Reach build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewTheWookie

Hey everybody. First off, I want to thank everyone who make the tutorials/stickies/videos. You are all lifesavers!

Okay, so basically I'm doing mix-n-match armor, but most of it is going to be Reach armor with a Recon helmet. Right now I've got the helmet pep'd and resined, and am in the middle of pepping a reach chest right now. Later tonight or tomorrow afternoon I'm going to rondo the helmet.

Any tips/hints/suggestions as this build progresses are welcome.

Without resin - front
IMG_0345.jpg

Without resin - side
IMG_0346.jpg

All resined up
IMG_0347.jpg

Got the helmet rondo'd. I had to work late today, so the chest still isn't finished

The rondo was a little thicker than I would have liked, but for my first time rondoing I thought it turned out fairly well. More resin next time.
IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

hey nice work man. Btw where can i buy "rondo"

Thanks. Rondo is actually the name for Resin+bondo=Rondo.

Here's the video I learned from. There's a few parts after it with the rest of the process, but this one shows exactly what rondo is

Last edited by a moderator:
that is one reason I don't use hot glue or superglue try Aleene's craft glue maybe (that's what I use, just personal preference) looks good so far, my bondo is always red, But I like the blue green color you have, keep us updated on your progress

that is one reason I don't use hot glue or superglue try Aleene's craft glue maybe (that's what I use, just personal preference) looks good so far, my bondo is always red, But I like the blue green color you have, keep us updated on your progress

I like the hot glue because it's so quick and fixable for a first-timer like myself. How long does Aleene's take to dry?

Got some progress to update. Sanded the helmet, but I found some spots I missed, so I'll have to re-bondo and sand again. Unfortunately, I forgot to scale the chest piece, so I'm starting that agian. I've got all the pieces ready to be pepped, but that seems to take a while for me. Until then progress updates might be a little slower as my workplace is gearing up for the back to school rush.

IMG_0351.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back