Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I have talked with Adam and got consent to post this. I am not identifying the individual and a plan to correct this is in affect. This video is to be used as a learning experience for all. Please watch video with caution...lol.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww. man sorry for you bro, hope you sort it out...
Its pretty crappy of whoever did that to you... But im glad that they are willing to help and not completley avoiding you :)

I am molding my own work and casting most parts. The stuff I don't have, great friends do so getting suits is not an issue with me. I already have and MC, 3/4 BUsa, 1/2 Arbiter and plenty of helmets...lol. It is the principial of it all. It is being worked on right now. He does seem willing to help.

Ithica

I understand, this is obviously not gonna fly, can't even get past getting it on, so yeah.

Sorry Ithica, hope this gets settled.

Btw, you stayed alot more professional then I would've.

Best regards and Best wishes.

Shade-088

damn man that sucks... the chest and the back look like it could of been nice, if it didnt warp and wasnt so thin.

its deals like this that make me skeptical about buying stuff online. Now i know that 99% of the folks here that sell or trade are good people and are trust worthy and send out a great product... but that 1% can leave some doubt in a persons mind, especially when its a deal that is $500+, thats a good amount of money to just throw away if you end up with a bad deal, even more so with the state of the economy.

well i hope you are able to get this resolved, and we get the good oll happy dave back

sorry that happened to ya dave. stuff like this happens from time to time, and you just set an example on how to handle it for us members. you kept calm and cool, even if you felt like slinging those cast out to the road.

and for the person who sent you that, maybe he did felt pressured into hurrying to send it to ya, but thats no excuse. it's really bad business on his/her part.

i hope you get it resolved soon. like dread mullet said, we want happy dave back!

pooper said:
and for the person who sent you that, maybe he did felt pressured into hurrying to send it to ya, but thats no excuse. it's really bad business on his/her part.:mad:
Your so right about that there is no excuse, because there really should be no reason in the world (excluding Serious Injury/sickness or Death) that a person should make a deal and then deliver those type goods. Maybe it was just sheer laziness or incompetence on that persons part but you can see they just didn't care by looking at what was sent out to you Dave and that truly is a shame.

That's great that the person is making an effort to resolve this issue, hope it all works out for you.

It's good to hear that he/she seems willing to settle this matter with you Dave...

But still! It shouldn't have happened in the first place. If someone is willing to trade in the classifieds or anywhere on the forum with other members there is a level of quality and a time frame that is acceptable, and then there is one that is not. And what you have recieved is not. I'd like to think that someone here, on this forum, that is capable of creating their own armour, molding it, and casting it is intelligent enough to be aware of what an acceptable level of quality is in a product that they recieve payment for. And again- that is not. Rushed or not. And on the rushing point- how is 5 1/2 months rushed? If you advertise that you can supply another member an item that you have/make then you better be ready to do it the second you recieve payment (at the latest). I mean half that stuff was still tacky!

I'm going to have to leave it there I'm getting more annoyed then Ithica. But let this be a note-

Your fellow 405th members are your friends and your peers. We are NOT here to take advantage of and rip each other off. Save that for the real world, here we're trying to build a community that helps, takes care of, and supports one another. Be a part of that. Be a part of something special. Be a part of the 405th.

as you said maybe he did feel pressured but still no excuse
i felt pressure from you for the mrk v chest and back but i still kept my work as good as possible even if it did warp slightly in the post

could there be a chance bthat the person sent you the wrong box?

i hope this gets sorted so for you

I realy must have sucked afther waiting so long for your casts.
But still there is no excuse for him sending u sutch bad casts.

I hope it gets worked out on a proffesional/adult level.

-----------------
Yur-Ry

It's a shame that these things sometimes happen. There is really no excuse for the poor quality. I think you are right about getting a box of "mistakes." After that much time, any pressure this individual felt was self inflicted. Many other options could have been used to make this transaction equitable, including just sending the funds!!
What shall we take away from this?
1. As Ithica said, keep track of PM's and what the deal includes......what you are to send, and what you are to receive.
2. Know as much as you can about the reputation of the person you are dealing with.
3. Have an estimated time frame for delivery of said goods. We all know things can come up, but establish a realistic idea of completion, and use tracking numbers if necessary!

This still leaves room for error. You are ultimately putting your trust in someone who can hide in anonymity, and is likely very far away! You will have very little recourse if the deal sours.
Having said all that, I think (and hope!) the vast majority of 405th members are honest and fair. Don't prove me wrong!!!

Caveat Emptor.

Juggernaut

Wow, thats just wrong on so many levels o_O .

Sorry to hear it Dave, I was waiting for you to just snap something in half.

"Dave smash!" :D .

Well, no one goes on a witch hunt. This just needs to be resolved, not publicly, but it should be resolved to the satisfaction of all involved. If more time is what is needed to get things fixed, or refunds, or other trades. Something should be figured out.

Ha... just have him buy you some more plastic and have it shipped to ya, and I'll get with you to remake some parts with my molds. I don't think it'll get resolved any easier. From the left over mold material on the plastic, it looks like he'd have to remake most of the molds.

Lets not embarrass anyone, but working on getting it done. All buyers, demand better photos to begin with, before deals are made.

I still kinda confused about how anyone would think it would be acceptable to send you casts like those, and not expect you to be angry.

O.O

wow that really sucks dave, you did handle it etter then i would of i probaly would hve thrown th f bomb around alot if i go crap like that.

I laugh only because I can imagine what each party is thinking. The situation can still be saved. Just seems like people were so excited to get deals made, that no one took the time to ensure it would go smoothly.

I'm the first to admit, I get in over my head on projects some times. But if you need help, ask for help. And make sure you keep honest with people. Like Joe said, we're dealing with friends here. So we all gotta be happy.

Adam said:
I laugh only because I can imagine what each party is thinking. The situation can still be saved. Just seems like people were so excited to get deals made, that no one took the time to ensure it would go smoothly.

I'm the first to admit, I get in over my head on projects some times. But if you need help, ask for help. And make sure you keep honest with people. Like Joe said, we're dealing with friends here. So we all gotta be happy.

I could understand that, had this person made deals like this before? if he hadn't, he/she was probably very excited, especially with two x boxes on the way :D But honestly, that was some unacceptably low quality stuff you got there, any chances it was damaged while shipping? does heat and other ambient temperatures affect the curing process of fiberglass?

If it does, if the package was sitting out on the tarmac in a truck for a while in extreme heat, that could be a factor too. I still think that is a really bad business practice though, but I think we all do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back