Another Ironman Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awsome man realy good job on the sanding ,you see that u are used to do this stuff on daily bases héhé

Where can i find the bicep and elbow guard pep file dont seem to have that one looks nice

Grtz

Ok, my jaw seriously hit the desk there. Amazing job there Finhead, your work is pretty much impeccable!

I was wondering though, what are you planning to do for the neck, abs, and other areas that could restrict mobility?

Are you going to mold+cast them or just somehow make them work with "compression articulation" (?)

Amazing job, it looks like the fiberglass-the-outside method is working really well for you... Once it warms up here I'll have to start doing that.

Keep it up!

---Stonewall

P.S. I believe there was another user here on the forum who figured out the servo faceplate and is willing to share info...

EDIT: I can't for the life of me find his name... Help?

Finhead said:
Not to take away form DF model it is kickass, but the MD shoulder is a bit longer on the inner section and makes for a better look. The outter section is almost exactt and easier to build but I didn't want to mess with trying to scale them together, causse I suck. :)

Thanks for the heads up, feedback is much appreciated. I'll be making the adjustments to my shoulder bells :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dancin_Fool said:
Thanks for the heads up, feedback is much appreciated. I'll be making the adjustments to my shoulder bells :D

oh dang, I just finished DF's shoulder bell and i have to agree with finhead, the under bell is to short, i am looking forward for DF's updates

Hi Finhead, finally get to see you here in 405th, I've been following your IM in pepakuraprops forum, and eagerly awaits for updates. Your's is such an inspiration. Another question, what grits of sand paper are you using on smoothing this?

You are just insane and crazy making this Iron Man so epic and fantastic. You sir are incredibly talented. This looks perfect and should be in the elite section. This thread has got my hopes up for my next build which is Iron Man :p. I love your work and I know you won't disappoint in your next update.

As i stated before simply amazing my friend.

You know, you could have just asked if you needed help on the shoulder bell. I have all the iron man files from carnages thread since thats what i started with in my build. If you need anything from there just let me know.

Fiberglass on the outside? Interesting. Never thought of doing this. But i cant disagree with the results now can i ? Keep up the great work!

OOOOOOOOOh, so thats why everyone is watching this topic..... BECAUSE THIS IS PURE WIN! Great job on the suit so far man, it almost looks as though this may come down to a competition between you, and TMP. I have one question though, how did you make the indentation lines, what tools did you use, and how did you get them to look so clean? Pictures would be much apprecieted! And I guess that was 3 questions.....? Another thing, I am definitely going to be watching this topic, your skills are amazing!

Finhead said:
Well as I've said this isn't that smooth yet just primed over 120 right now. But to answer your question.

I start with a filler file, 40grit, 80grit, 120grit and so on so forth. I also use files, need files jigsaw and hacksaw blades you get the idea. The helmet is the smoothest part right now being done down to 240grit. Which will then be sanded with 320, 500 and 600 wet and if it need primer between then i'll start at 500 again and then wet. ;)

WOW! No wonder it is so smooth.. as always thanks for your reply Finhead.

that is so beautiful! i really really like the black primer coat. (check out my avatar) Seriously though, this is amazing. You have done SO much and so quickly. very impressive. Is this elite status yet?? This is better than many things i've seen in the elite section (no offense to those people and their projects, but this is just incredible)

so Finhead, ill pm you with my address for you to ship that free of charge when its all done ;) hahaha

edit: for reals though, if i do an Iron man after my War machine, i think i want to do it in a flat black with gold accents.

oh and the spine extensions look really good but im worried you might restrict movement with it going under the back of your helmet like that. Even though i think thats how it really is? maybe?

Was that not part of the spine PDO?

Amazing, absolutely amazing.

Why isn't this in the Elite Section?

Keep up the good work, you are doing

an incredible job on this!!

is that the final paint job on the helmet face plate? it is a very splendid color, you definitely need to reveal it!

and man, you pep fast!

Small update? You kidding? Oh, what color scheme are you going for? Silver Centron? Classic? Armored Adventures Steath? Classic Stealth?

This... is freaking awesome...

Seriously, every time I look at this thread my jaw hits the floor.

I'm actually digging the gold-black color scheme.

Just a quick question... What files did you use for the legs?

Thanks in advance, and please keep the updates coming :)

---Stonewall

i think those are Carnages leg files. He widened them because they are very skinny, even though they look great. Many people had a hard time getting their legs inside after being pepped, Myself included.

Do you have a lens in the eye socket or is that just a sheet of paper or something?

i really dig the black and gold. i cant say it enough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back