Another Ironman Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking the suit. I wish i could do the same, but I'm busy as ever. so this is what it would look like if Batman was in a iron man suit haha.

what was the total cost for the supplies and works?

Finhead said:
Well I only have the upper body and helmet glasses and filled the rest is only pep right now. Total cost at this point is still under $100 I'm guessing after the whole thing is in primer and paint it'll be between $300-$400 in material.

dont forget the cost of your man hours you put into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy sh.

How did i miss this thread. Very epic work man.

Thx for the headsup tribal. you were right.

man you work fast. great job on the suit man. very nice indeed. im not going to be surprised if one day this WIP thread will be on the elite section. fast and clean work you got there. keep up the great work. i salute you!

Inspirational stuff right here. Makes me wanna quit modelling and just start building. But I need Jorge 052 to be complete before I do...

Finhead said:
Thanks again guys. :)

Yep they are Clarx's leg files, quit a bit different. But after looking at them for a few days I scrapped the upper thighs and half the shins/knees, they are just not accurate at all. Hope what I come up with will be better, I'm rebuilding them and the "hip pods" this week in the wee hours so it'll be slow. :)

you should wait for dancing fool to release his, i heard he is working on the legs right now

Amazing work you are doing! After looking at alot of the build threads it's still hard to believe its all paper, fiberglass and body filler! It does have that professional look to it, great work! Can't wait to see more!

dubean33 said:
i can understand "slightly more accurate" but how does it get "far more accurate" the next time around?

yeah I dont understand. as far as I know, dancing fool creates his files based on reference pictures from the movie, so it is as accurate as it gets. and most of the files you use are from DF

This is extremely awesome, I'm lovin' seeing the progress!

I think by far more accurate he is refering to his build(It would get more accurate because he would have previous building experience), not DF's file. I notice it too when I'm pepping even a symetrical piece, you get a feel for how its supposed to look/fold/etc and I at least tend to do a better job on the second half then the first(In my opinion of course). At least when it comes to pepping, I havent had a chance to do anything else :p

-Apoc

Sorry for the double post. Can't find any other place to put this so I thought I'd put it here, if it's the wrong place could a mod please let me know where it can be posted.

I've been getting allot of PM's and emails from here and other boards regarding casting my Helmet. I just wanted to find out if there is enough real interest before I decide to mold it up. It's a 3 piece design and was based off Dungbettle's second last PEP, it's scaled at default. For size ref it fit's me with room to spare, I have a 23" head. If your interested please PM me and let me know, if there's not enough interest I wont mold it. ;)

Here is what it looks like apart and me wearing it. :)

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

I might be interested I want to go back and check the default though, sure would save me the time of molding my clay helmet one less thing to do before the movie release right

I saw your post Finhead. It belongs in the Classifieds section. You won't have access to it until you become a Veteran. Just keep being active and you will be before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back