Another Noob's Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawr

Like so many before me, I'm posting my first PEP helm. It's nearing completion but I'll show my progress.

This first pic shows the pep helm after resin and fiberglassing.

Original link

These next three show the helm now that it's bondoed and primed.

Original link

Original link

Original link

I've got to get my visors in and after trial fitting those I can complete the painting and finally at the LED's.

I don't know if I'm going to do a complete suit of armor. My 12 yo son wants me to so we'll see how much time I have after finishing this helm.

For those of you who have completed their armor, what piece do you consider your most difficult? This helm didn't bother me much but I dread the chest. I've already pepped a low res chest in my son's size but I'm dreading the resining and fiberglassing for some reason.

You need to fix the links. None of the pics are showing.

The HD torso piece is the one dread the most, primarily because of the small nubs at the shoulders and the sizing. I'm already on my 2nd HD torso build and I decided to do away with those details.

No pics or links showing up. Can't tell you what I think of it yet. Fix the links or post thumbnails.

Ral Partha said:
You need to fix the links. None of the pics are showing...
tlither said:
No pics or links showing up...
I've fixed the images, Angelfire doesn't let you hotlink images for whatever reason o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking helmet you got there!
Is that DF4L's smooth helmet? It looks like it, I hope my suit and helmet come out look that good.

~Radio~

Thanks, Belakor for fixing the links. I'll remember what you said about Angelfire.

Yes RadioactiV777, it's DF4L's smooth helm. It came out well except for the stepped area on top toward the back where it warped on me. Oh well, it only took a little Bondo and lot's of sandpaper to fix it.

Mawr said:
Thanks, Belakor for fixing the links. I'll remember what you said about Angelfire.

Yes RadioactiV777, it's DF4L's smooth helm. It came out well except for the stepped area on top toward the back where it warped on me. Oh well, it only took a little Bondo and lot's of sandpaper to fix it.
Well good luck with the rest of the suit!
I haven't even finished half of the paper model yet, gotta stop procrastinating.

master chief403 said:
hay this is probibly the most stupidedes questions ever but im 11 so what does fiber glass and resin do to help the helmet?

it makes it as hard as plastic but you need a respirator a good one from home depot for 28-60 bucks when mixing the stuff its strong work outside when using it also you have to be 18 to get it and its ok we all started off as newbs lol welcome to the forum

Mawr said:

what a coincedence, the back of the stepped part near the back warped for me too XD

Yeah, I had an unused off road helmet that I got the liner from. I've still got to do some fitting on the liner so that it stays in better.

Hey mawr
Bloddy nice looking helmet you've got there
Just wondering if anyone has the link to DF4L's smooth helm in a PDF?

Lookin good! Keep it up.

@Barron - don't think it's in PDF but someone might convert it for you (if you ask nicely) :D

looks phenomenal! it came out really smooth. i certainly hope i can make such impressive progess when i get to that stage. keep up the good work!

Barron said:
Hey mawr
Bloddy nice looking helmet you've got there
Just wondering if anyone has the link to DF4L's smooth helm in a PDF?

Barron, I used to have the ability to out put .PDF but that software was on my old laptop but it's hard drive crashed and I lost everything on it. Sorry, maybe someone on here will be able to help you out.

not bad. It looks great in the long run. I do hope you paint. Which of coarse is a dumb question because you have to paint. But one single question, are you going to make it look battle worn or just like a brand new armor? Because I could give you some great tips if you want it battle worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back