Another Recaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, dont worry, i was just kidding hense the :D. Its pretty damn lame though.

Do you know whether you sold directly to them in the past?

Adam said:
apparently this is a well know recaster who no one can seem to stop.

Just throw his email and home phone up on 4chan. They'll deal with the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to work the angle, I reported them for flagrant copyright infringement. That one picture of you + Devin was clearly published in the December 2008 Source Magazine. If that's not an obvious reason for eBay to take it down, I don't know what is.

One tried and true method which is pretty nasty and effective is to bring the item to the attention of the liscence holder of the actual prop likeness. Make them aware that an individual is profiting from the likeness of thier intellectual property and let ther legal department handle it. I used to make and sell Wolverine claws for about four years until I pissed off a competitor and he reported me to Marvel comics and I had to deal with a $34 million dollar law suit, simply because my competition reported my using thier trademarked likeness. Many companies will pursue legal action even if there is no use of name or actual pics used. They reserve the rights to likeness and intellectual property. He screwed himself by using the NAME, and he also used a screen cap from the ACTUAL game.

mightymints said:
What is the actual law in the UK on recasting?

From what I know, there is none, since the original creator owns no rights to the prop, and since the rights are owned by Microsoft in the first place.

^Correct me if I'm wrong.

Vexona said:
Trying to work the angle, I reported them for flagrant copyright infringement. That one picture of you + Devin was clearly published in the December 2008 Source Magazine. If that's not an obvious reason for eBay to take it down, I don't know what is.

I agree with Vexona.

You might also be able the use Creative Commons [attachment=10424:somerights20.gif] like what Flickr uses. Here is the link to the information that I found: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/

I don't know if this will help or is useful.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Unless this person has put more than a few hours of work into a prop or something time-consuming, they most likely don't know how valuable it is to the creator. If he does, then he cares as much for the creator as a common internet pirate, in which case far fewer methods of stopping him will work.

I'm trying to test some... computer things using his email reply, but I still need to check if he replied at all.

I say send him a legitimate-looking C&D from "Microsoft", just so he'll stop the BS and go home and everyone can get some rest.

EDIT: And does eBay take down auctions/sales for recasted items? I didn't know they did, but it'd help. A lot.

Please be careful with threats like this. If someone seen this then you and the 405th could be in some trouble. Threats like this are taken very serious. If something happens to this persons emial, computer or whatever aned someone see this posted then we are fried regardless if you did it or not. Please keep comments like this out. We arte all very angry and undersatand where you are coming from. Reporting them to ebay was a great step.

Ithica

Spartan137 said:
Just throw his email and home phone up on 4chan. They'll deal with the problem.

They are not your personal army.

Keegan said:
They are not your personal army.

2335182423_6569c7fe72_b.jpg

No, but they are mine. Easily controlled via KFC.

Hmmm, speaking of recasters, I was on ebay when I saw what appeared to be Link's ODST helmets, as well as Ithica's Hayabusa helmet.

I have no clue if you guys or some sleeze put it there.

Help clear this out.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Hmmm, speaking of recasters, I was on ebay when I saw what appeared to be Link's ODST helmets, as well as Ithica's Hayabusa helmet.

I have no clue if you guys or some sleeze put it there.

Help clear this out.

-Pony

my dad is selling my helmet, so dont report him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back