ArcSol

BXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S328
Hello friends! It's getting to be time for a new build. While unfortunately Pacific is a bit swamped with a new booth expansion and I won't be able to start actually building until after March, I figured I should get all of this out of my head and onto a thread to keep myself accountable.

I'm the kind of person that likes to figure out approximately how I'm going to do things before I decide to pull the trigger, so the extra time to think about things isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Definitely appreciate some of the inspiration and guidance a few members have given since I am mostly flying blind for this style of build. ( Sylvacan you're amazing )

So... let's get into things!~

I am gearing up to start a Yoroi Core build.

Here's a list of the parts I am planning on using:

Helmet - Camazotz, TAS/VETALA faceplate
Chest - Twin Dragons
Right shoulder - Crescent Moon
Left Shoulder - Iron Tortoise
Right Wrist - Crestsworn
Utility - First Principle Blades
Knees - Sharpened Crescent

Visor - Night Wisp
- Spirit (explained)

Coating - Papaya Dusk

Files from Titlewave and MoeSizzlac for now - still hunting down some missing pieces.

received_1527772868002596.jpeg
received_904206237774891.jpeg
8f21366a-e78a-41d6-8eb2-b4fed366279a.png
e30c753b-1122-4be3-94c8-41ec98fcead9.png

For starters, I am hoping to build my suit as-is and shoot for the highest tier I can get (fingers crossed Tier 3?). After I deploy, I will be looking to make some changes.

Since we have finally got our 3D Printer to a place that it can actually... you know, do things... the majority of my suit is likely going to be 3D Printed and reinforced with Bondo and Fiberglass.

So far my thoughts are to repaint the Gold on the right-side Crescent Moon shoulder and Crestsworn wrist panels to White. Then, assuming I can figure out how to do it with my minimal painting experience... attempt to paint white Lillies (flowers) down the armor in a similar style to how Viper 466 painted this figure. I'm hoping I can practice a bit and lean on using stencils or possibly transfer paper so I don't mess it up. Depending on how things go, it's possible I might add the "Death" Kanji somewhere on the armor (maybe the helmet?) - since I am a huge Mythology buff and Camazotz is a Mayan God of Death/Night. - Big thanks to @NerdForgeDesigns for his part in making this excellent helmet.

received_1119889802517020.jpeg
received_1525842564935397.jpeg
received_721680646610741.jpeg
received_369104529076568.jpeg

Once I've done that, I will be looking to change the Visor to be the Spirit (white) one and changing all of the lights on the armor to be white instead of yellow. It's possible due to the expected difficulty of making a bright yellow visor, I will simply make the Spirit one and try my hand at the white instead. If all else fails I can maybe pivot to a Silver, which I shouldn't have any issue with - other than my own sanity knowing it's not actually white.

received_759912835581956.jpeg
received_412273064597129.jpeg

There may or may not be some additional fun changes but those are a secret. Please hold your excitement for the next year while I build this in extreme slow motion.

I'll be watching as I am also building a couple sets of yoroi.
You're bound to be done well before me! Me and Duke will have our hands tied for the next couple months while we build some booth expansions. Late March build here I come... lol. While I'd like to say I'll have it done by HWC, I would be happy if it's done by HWC 2025.

More like I'll be watching your builds!

If we can figure out the helmet files (and any other files that don't exist yet) then I think we could have this ready for HWC24.

Very cool armor set.

Yeah I think the helmet and visor are going to be the biggest hurdle. The other missing parts may have been resolved, will just take a little bit - which is fine.

We've done some initial sizing!

This is still missing some parts that I'm waiting on to be 3d modeled (Knees, left shoulder, right forearm, chest attachment, helmet) as well as some pieces that were not set up in a way that they would go on the mannequin nicely.

But hey... progress!

received_403384032064082.jpeg

I absolutely LOVE what you’re going to be building! Best of luck with tier 3!

Thanks! Just need to sort out a couple things with the chest files and now fix my printer (of course it failed trying to print literally the first thing) and I'll be on my way - and much sooner than I initially thought!

Still need to figure out the helmet, but I have plenty of time for that one.

So far so good! I'm excited!

Thanks to Moe for cranking out these pieces insanely fast - :love:

I have all of my armor parts now! I'm just missing the helmet which I can get to later. Progress!

Of course, just my luck - our 3D printer is being problematic once again so I will have to figure that out before I can start actually doing something tangible. Soon!

Screenshot 2024-02-10 171056.png

Hello friends! It's getting to be time for a new build. While unfortunately Pacific is a bit swamped with a new booth expansion and I won't be able to start actually building until after March, I figured I should get all of this out of my head and onto a thread to keep myself accountable.

I'm the kind of person that likes to figure out approximately how I'm going to do things before I decide to pull the trigger, so the extra time to think about things isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Definitely appreciate some of the inspiration and guidance a few members have given since I am mostly flying blind for this style of build. ( Sylvacan you're amazing )

So... let's get into things!~

I am gearing up to start a Yoroi Core build.

Here's a list of the parts I am planning on using:

Helmet - Camazotz, TAS/VETALA faceplate
Chest - Twin Dragons
Right shoulder - Crescent Moon
Left Shoulder - Iron Tortoise
Right Wrist - Crestsworn
Utility - First Principle Blades
Knees - Sharpened Crescent

Visor - Night Wisp
- Spirit (explained)

Coating - Papaya Dusk

Files from Titlewave and MoeSizzlac for now - still hunting down some missing pieces.

View attachment 341466View attachment 341467View attachment 341468View attachment 341470

For starters, I am hoping to build my suit as-is and shoot for the highest tier I can get (fingers crossed Tier 3?). After I deploy, I will be looking to make some changes.

Since we have finally got our 3D Printer to a place that it can actually... you know, do things... the majority of my suit is likely going to be 3D Printed and reinforced with Bondo and Fiberglass.

So far my thoughts are to repaint the Gold on the right-side Crescent Moon shoulder and Crestsworn wrist panels to White. Then, assuming I can figure out how to do it with my minimal painting experience... attempt to paint white Lillies (flowers) down the armor in a similar style to how Viper 466 painted this figure. I'm hoping I can practice a bit and lean on using stencils or possibly transfer paper so I don't mess it up. Depending on how things go, it's possible I might add the "Death" Kanji somewhere on the armor (maybe the helmet?) - since I am a huge Mythology buff and Camazotz is a Mayan God of Death/Night. - Big thanks to @NerdForgeDesigns for his part in making this excellent helmet.

View attachment 341469View attachment 341471View attachment 341472View attachment 341473

Once I've done that, I will be looking to change the Visor to be the Spirit (white) one and changing all of the lights on the armor to be white instead of yellow. It's possible due to the expected difficulty of making a bright yellow visor, I will simply make the Spirit one and try my hand at the white instead. If all else fails I can maybe pivot to a Silver, which I shouldn't have any issue with - other than my own sanity knowing it's not actually white.

View attachment 341475View attachment 341476

There may or may not be some additional fun changes but those are a secret. Please hold your excitement for the next year while I build this in extreme slow motion.
I’m trying to hold my excitement but it’s hard cause this looks so dope! I took Japanese for 3 years so if you need help translating it, let me know and I can try and help out!

I’m trying to hold my excitement but it’s hard cause this looks so dope! I took Japanese for 3 years so if you need help translating it, let me know and I can try and help out!
Oh, thank you! That is very generous. Luckily the smaller the text the easier it is to get translations. I was thinking of doing just 1 character. So probably something like this one:

死 ("Death")

or maybe

夜 ("Night") since Camazotz is also a night God.

Depending on what the characters were I could  maybe fit two. But for sure shooting for 1.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back