Armor Decals

Clarkusmc

I searched the group and did not see anything for it, but I was wondering if anyone has made decals for the various Spartan II units and the "117" that is on John's armor in both Infinite and the Paramount show. I'm looking to put the Silver team decal and 117 on my Chief build I'm finishing for DragonCon and searched the internet but did not find any Silver team decals.

Silver Team Logo for Ref

my decal maker:
1692019526678.png
1692019553100.png
1692019616953.png

wish I could be of more help... sry

There are a few folks around here that have vinyl cutters. You can use these to either make the decal, or make a stencil.

The team logo details are a bit small for doing a spray stencil, so I prefer to offer those as a sticker on vinyl.
For your chest number those are a good choice for stencil. I do those on a reusable stencil film with a light tack adhesive. Use it, put it back on the wax paper backing. Use again later. Also a good way to do two color to create a drop shadow: Spray once in light gray, let that dry, then again with another color and the stencil offset slightly.
Snag_ee241f6.png

IMG_6605.JPG

Last edited:

The team logo details are a bit small for doing a spray stencil, so I prefer to offer those as a sticker on vinyl.
For your chest number those are a good choice for stencil. I do those on a reusable stencil film with a light tack adhesive. Use it, put it back on the wax paper backing. Use again later. Also a good way to do two color to create a drop shadow: Spray once in light gray, let that dry, then again with another color and the stencil offset slightly.
View attachment 334532
View attachment 334531
I'll take a look at those, they might work! I'll see if they can ship in time for DragonCon

I'll take a look at those, they might work! I'll see if they can ship in time for DragonCon
Right now I'm seeing about 14 days for a box with a prop or armor and 10 for padded mailing envelopes with stencils and transparencies. Things change of course, but that's been about right for the last month. There's a little margin but I wouldn't wait to the last hour on it either.
1692079302146.png

Right now I'm seeing about 14 days for a box with a prop or armor and 10 for padded mailing envelopes with stencils and transparencies. Things change of course, but that's been about right for the last month. There's a little margin but I wouldn't wait to the last hour on it either.
View attachment 334543
Yeah I'm not gonna rush it this time. I'm confident I'll get the armor done in time, but I'm not gonna sweat that decal right now. Might try my hand at the tape stencil version of it and upgrade it at a later time with an actual sticker

Hey there, I've been working on some logos for my own suit and figured I could throw Silver Team's logo in as well. I've attached a black PNG and a white PNG with a transparent background; Hope these logos work for you and are what you were looking for, I just grabbed what looked to be the correct logo and ran it through Illustrator to get a nice clean PNG that can be either used for a decal die-cutter, or you could try what I plan on doing and use water-slide decals.

Water-slide decals look like a good option that doesn't require any special equipment other than a printer, and as far as I can tell the only limitations are the quality of the artwork itself. I can't speak to the durability or longevity of this method, but it definitely seems to be a decent option. I'm following this tutorial here (along with the directions on the package):

Attachments

• Silver-Black.png
    Silver-Black.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Silver-White.png
    Silver-White.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 59
This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back