Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely I would know that there are plenty of people on here who would be more then happy to help you make your own. With that kind of cheddar you can get all the supplies you would need. Watch the oreintation video in the noob section and it will help you figure out where to look and what not.

I agree. you have a great budget, witch means you can make a great costume. No, you cant haz armor before Halloween, but you could make a extraordinary piece of armor nonetheless. check out the forum, we help make armor, not sell, but we are a accepting community and will help you as much as possible.

Given that you've spent the last couple of days trying to do this, it would appear - "surely not".

There are likely a couple of reasons:
a. My low definition, basic suit cost me in the area of $7-800 (materials, tools, etc). That does not include my time studying how to make the costume and its' actual construction.
b. No one knows who you are. There is a seamy underbelly to this hobby where people buy completed costumes, then make casts to resell. The real artists in this community won't open themselves up to this possibility without a level of trust being established with the customer first.

Perhaps the best route for you would be the Rubies costume? It costs about half of your offered price. If you are just looking for a halloween costume, it ought to do fine. With the money you've saved, you could even do some basic upgrades to it (such as replacing the visor with a mirrored motorcycle one). And it does draw attention.

You obviously have an interest in Halo costuming. I believe you are doing yourself a disservice by not tackling a build on your own. There are some awesome MK V builds recently completed by folks on this forum and the skills involved in making this classic suit are fairly basic. With good time managment you could have one completed in a reasonable amount of time (halloween this year is likely out however). Trust me, the sense of accomplishment in completing something even as basic as mine is quite overwhelming, and well worth the time, expense and effort.

Best of luck!

Roadkiller,
Thanks for the advice. I, too, know what it is like to build somethin from scratch- I build custom Jeeps, Jetski's, and AR15's. I do get it; really. As for building a set of armor- I haven't been able to even complete a Yamaha GP1300r this summer/fall. My Wife just passed away a few months ago (age 30), I now work from 7:00-6:30 Mon.-Fri., and am trying to raise our 4yr old girl on my own. I'd love to get my hands on a set of nice armor before Halo-ween as my daughter wants me to be the MC she helps me play at night after all the chores are done. A good friend of mine is also hosting a costume party right before Halloween and my brother is hosting a Halo-themed b-day party not long after.
I understand what it is like to build something and be compensated for the knowledge/skill/labor/materials that go into it. I have seen some great looking armor sell for around $2,000 so I figured it was a decent offer- I did not mean to offend by low-balling nor did I mean to be brash by using the challenge of "surely". I thought that, with a group of craftsmen/women as vast and prolific as this, there would be at least one person here that needed/wanted/or could use the money and may have an old set for sale while they worked (and funded) their new masterpiece...
Sincerely,
Forrest

Rubies bah, for about the same price you can get a full raw set of armor from someone on here for it. Less than the cost of a Rubies if you have someone build your pep files for you and you do the fiberglassing, bondo and painting.

Roadkiller,
... I did not mean to offend by low-balling nor did I mean to be brash by using the challenge of "surely"...
Sincerely,
Forrest

Good day Forrest, no offence taken. Like you, I am pretty new here and still getting a feel for the community. I was just speculating on the vibe you may be setting off.

If you don't hear from someone soon, I still believe a Rubies costume would suit your needs as you describe them (my $0.02 and worth exactly that :) ) I could have bought one for what I paid to build a suit that doesn't look as good. But I was looking for a hobby, not just a costume. Your needs sound different.

Check your PM's.

Regards
RK.

buy it now $3000 and buy it now $5000, lol wow. If they can get that for those suits I can get $10k for mine, lord haha.

Well.... if you want it by halloween and can't find one here,you could always just get a used rubies suit to get you through october and then sell it on ebay and start building a better one or use the funds from it to get a better one after the holiday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back