Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is what the box says:

No Avatar Specified
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

adam you need to enable the avatars in all the member groups. otherwise we will not be able to do so...

I was able to get one to upload. It won't accept a bitmap, or .bmp, image. But most people shouold be able to find another image to use.

ok so avatars work now. but you may need to change settings in the signatures

Allow Image BB Code No
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

also adding a image from a webpage like... http://www.jackmartinuk.com/images/jacksavatar.jpg to my avatar from a link gives me an error. check out linking avatar settings as well... also adam i know the options are overwhelming with this system but its a system you really must take time and learn, and play with for it to work just right.

It's been a while but, I figured out how to re-add the signature and it only shows up with the link for the picture. I put the
. Am I doing something wrong or is it the site. I have read the other posts and I just want to make sure that I am not messing something up because I had a working signature before the site went done. Thanks for you help!

hmm, good to know they're up and running again, but my it claims my old avatar is too big. Avatars still support gif's right?

I had the same avatar for a year back in the old forums, but now that there's a new one, time for a new avatar! :D

I'm back, baby! I dunno about these big avatars though, they kinda overpower the actual content of the posts, especially if they're short posts.

Sorry for the stupid question. I have now noticed that html is not working on the site, so I know why my signature is not working. Again, I am sorry for the post that I made about this subject.

I'm back, baby! I dunno about these big avatars though, they kinda overpower the actual content of the posts, especially if they're short posts.

Haha, yeah. I'm more distracted by the big avatars than the actual posts themselves!

Trying to add avatars via the website option still isn't working.

From the looks of it, my .png avatar works when uploaded directly from my laptop. Yay~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back