IMG_1308.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 380
som progress i used wood glue then denied to scrap that idea and just cut it off

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 345
Haven't seen or heard of this material before. Intriguing. But due to it being a type of board, you will have to work on the detail of the weapons yourself. Am I correct? The joining of the boards would also be difficult due to it being the board and if you get the size or a difference between the weapons unless intentionally. Right?

Foam-board is Styrofoam sandwiched between 2 laminated pieces of paper. Joining at an angle is hard, but 45s are easy. Luckily, FB is easily cut and sand-able. If you have a scroll-saw edges can be lined up easily.

You can't spray paint it w/o sealing it though....a 50/50 water glue solution works great. I would also avoid using hot glue to attach the "slices" together. It adds too much bulk to the overall piece.

making it heavy, I don't have anything to create and apply water glue to my knowledge. If I try using this I will let you know. I appreciate the knowledge you provided.

Quick and simple way to make reusable measuring cups. Take a plastic cup, mark it with either a marker or tape. you can then take another cup and put it inside that one....viol ah!! Instant easy measuring cup. Fill one cup w/ glue (wood glue or regular Elmer's) and the other w/ water.......add together and mix thoroughly and you've got a 50-/50 solution. apply using a paint brush.....easy.

Haven't seen or heard of this material before. Intriguing. But due to it being a type of board, you will have to work on the detail of the weapons yourself. Am I correct? The joining of the boards would also be difficult due to it being the board and if you get the size or a difference between the weapons unless intentionally. Right?
Yeah it works really good to get the basic shape and then I just used foamies to add detail. I got the foam board at the dollar store near me so it's less expensive then eva foam a lot less stressful if you mess up haha

hey @mike bike.......you're using my favorite building material.....Looks great so far....
Have you ever covered seams on the sides of the prop where you could see the layers? I'm thinking of trying kwik seal and seal how that works. I tryed the clay thing but it added a lot of weight and cracked super easy. I plan to go over it with plastic dip spary, do you thing that it thick enough to cover it? Or should I put foamies or a piece of foam board around the gun covering the seams?

I'm glad you asked.........to cover up all of the layers, I used craft foam.......I am in the middle of painting my DMR and I used foamboard to build the body, craft foam to make the details and to cover any areas that showed the layered edges......I don't have a pic of that but I'll post one. The Foamboard is too thick and you will still see the edges of at least on slice of the FB. Use craft foam and you will hide everything. I used contact cement to attach the craft foam, hot glue will melt the Styrofoam core and ruin the piece. The same w/ the detail pieces. Contact cement.

Even added a scope and muzzle before I started painting. Be careful when building the ammo clip.....I made mine too close to size and didn't take in to account the added thickness of paint so I have to redo my ammo clip smaller in width and thickness. And yes that is the templates for a foamboard AR in the background.

I'm glad you asked.........to cover up all of the layers, I used craft foam.......I am in the middle of painting my DMR and I used foamboard to build the body, craft foam to make the details and to cover any areas that showed the layered edges......I don't have a pic of that but I'll post one. The Foamboard is too thick and you will still see the edges of at least on slice of the FB. Use craft foam and you will hide everything. I used contact cement to attach the craft foam, hot glue will melt the Styrofoam core and ruin the piece. The same w/ the detail pieces. Contact cement.

Even added a scope and muzzle before I started painting. Be careful when building the ammo clip.....I made mine too close to size and didn't take in to account the added thickness of paint so I have to redo my ammo clip smaller in width and thickness. And yes that is the templates for a foamboard AR in the background.
Awesome thanks I always wondered, and that DMR looks amazing

Just saw this. Hope it turns out awesome! I'm almost done with another Br55! Too bad it is also going on Etsy, haha. This one is way better than the last i made.

IMG_0611.JPG

Edit: sorry for the crud photo lol

Last edited:
Amazing how paint transforms the look of the weapon. Fantastic work.
Did you add anything to it for weight or keep it light?

Completed gun 1:1 scale add one of my favorite skins from halo 5 rather then traditional color. For my first foam prop and build I really like how it turned out!

Attachments

• IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back