Before I Start My Ma5C...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ill2themax2481

Alright, as you can see, i'm new to this forum so i'd like to open things up with my first thread.

So I decided that for my first attempt at a design I would try the MA5C with removable clip. Ive got it ready to print and heres a list of my supplies (so far):

1. 110lb Cardstock paper (20 sheets + 2 in case of a cutting mistake)

2. Scissors, hobby Knife, Ruler

3. Toilet Paper Roll (for interior reinforcement)

4. Gorilla Glue (super and regular mix)

5. Paint brush (large and detailer)

6. Can of Bondo All purpous Fiberglass Resin and liquid hardener

7. Sand Paper

8. WAY too much time on my hands lol

Is this all that I will be needing for now next to Molding putty and primer/paint? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated and I will reply as soon as possible. Thanks to all..

Anthony

I use hot glue, versus super glue. True, it is messy and leaves string, but it doesn't bond as bad as super glue with skin. Also, if you get to a spot you accidentally glued fast enough, you can pull it apart without seriously destroying your pep.

Also, cardstock normally comes in reams of 150 sheets or so, so you don't have to worry about having not enough for now and you can get started on your next projects ;)

Can't wait to see how your AR turns out. I started with the AR pep on the halo costuming wikia, and failed. It has a lot of unneccesarily small parts and is a pain. I used light paper and didn't reinforce it at all, either. I think I have a sleeping bag smashing it now :unsure . I then made the one with the removable mag (more accurate and plus the mag!!) and it turned out great! I used expanding foam to reinforce mine and the only real problem I had with it was some slight warpage from the foam hardening aff-set.

You may need a wooden dowl and a cheap flashlight, too!!

Good Luck :lol

Yea true but I mean the thing I like about this glue is that you wont have to worry about it getting too messy during the resin step due to the fact that I would only use about 2 dots per fold depending on the size of the fold itself and it also dries FAST lol. But I can definitly see where you're coming from on that one, thanks for the pointer. :)

And Yea I'm running mine on Pepakura and the design is from Robogenesis which ive seen some of his work on youtube and it looked great! Thanks for the advice and I wish you the best of luck on any future projects of yours.

I will also be keeping everyone posted with pictures of my progress once i get the ball rolling. Just finishing up printing em out!!!

Thanks

- Anthony

try elmer's all purpose glue. it's not messy or dangerous if it comes in contact with your skin. and it works very well :) just a tip

JSwift said:
try elmer's all purpose glue. it's not messy or dangerous if it comes in contact with your skin. and it works very well :) just a tip

We have a bottle of that floating around somewhere in my house, but it's like a decade old :unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated :)

Well, i got em all printed up and am in the cutting process for the top/front of the MA5C (where the barrel would be). Not coming to great but i figured Id finish folding that and start the back tomorrow. Seems a little easier. lol

Ill keep you guys posted and keep those tips coming. Great tips already ;)

Anthony

Alright so as I said I will keep you guys posted on my progress...

I recently started on the rear end of the gun and have just completed cutting and glueing most of the stock. Also the trigger grip is near completion but I am just doing it in chuncks so I will be moving my way back to the front and working on that. I plan to switch between the two and work my way to the middle. Pics will be up w the next update. Stay tuned

Anthony

Sounds like you're coming along quite well, pics should be interesting. Be careful doing the gun in two halves though, putting them together in the middle can be realllly tricky.

Hey guys! Just got done with another day of working on and off on My Ma5C Assault Rifle. Gotta say that im pretty happy about how its coming along. Heres a pic to show you how far ive gotten in my first day:

1247296401-1.jpg

1.) Ive almost finished the front end of the gun, id say about 80% of the way through it.

2.) The rear of the gun only has the stock completely finished. The grips are just loose hanging pieces untill I decide to do the rest of the mag holder.

3.) That little piece all the way to the right (near the scissors) Is the part you put in between the front gap (where the barrel and flashlight stick out from lol).

So there it is so far guys. More on the way soon. Ill keep ya posted. Tell me what you think ;)

Thanks alot

Anthony

Well guys, I have some pretty crappy news :/

A can of pop was spilled on what I had of my rifle...Not very happy about this, but that doesnt mean Im stopping here. I may just start on my Helmet and Armor for now.

Mods feel free to close this thread as I have no real use for it any more. Sorry to all that looked forward to my Ma5C. I will post a new thread when I start on my armor and weapons as well. Thanks.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back