Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again everyone! :)

Sigma-LS said:
Beautiful Recon helm, looks like the rest of your armor will be just as stunning. You've already got a head start with the hand plates.

Congrats on the great work. Paint it up soon!

Thanks, I'm liking what I've seen of your stuff so far, your CQB is looking really good :)

I should have a new compressor/spraygun setup fairly soon so I should have some more painted pieces in the near future.

xalener said:
You need to get out of the noob forum and be able to post in creation discussion. Wasn't this an example of the "exeption"?

If the Admins/Mods decided to let me post in the creation discussion forum then that would be great but if not I'm happy to wait until I hit 50 posts :)

ILOL'D said:
Belakor from Clonetroopers.net? Nice helmet dude! Does this deserve Recon Armor in-game? :p

Thanks and yep, that would be me :) though I'm not as active on there, and other places like Whitearmor and the RPF, as I should be :cautious: I'll be back there at some point though, still need to do my Parjai :D
I certainly wouldn't object if Bungie offered me Recon in game ;)

For anyone else doing the Recon helmet, if you're interested I have an add-on that should* work with Slyfo's model (he's the only other one with the Recon right?) which adds the face plate thing and the internal visor assembly... it's not really necessary but I kept it so I could add some electronics to the visor for a sort of low-tech HUD (the Spartan comm/status light system they use in the books)
I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone that doesn't have experience with pepakura since there are some really frustrating folds and you'll need to modify the internal pieces to get it to fit you.

*I say should because I used my own version of the helmet but it shouldn't be too hard to fit to Slyfo's model.
Here's a couple of pics of my original pep model with the piece removed and with it in place
th_DCP_0268.jpg th_DCP_0273.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, that is By far, the best Recon I have seen, I would highly, and I mean HIGHLY HIGHLY X1000000 Suggest you message Adam about Molding that baby!

Amazing helmet, it looks fantastic. Super detailing job, another fine example of how great pep can look with some effort. I'll be lookin forward to anything you post here.

Ironcobra3000 said:
Holy crap, that is By far, the best Recon I have seen, I would highly, and I mean HIGHLY HIGHLY X1000000 Suggest you message Adam about Molding that baby!

Thanks, I've actually got most of the moulding situation sorted... wont be able to get 'round to actually doing it until early next year though, need to focus on the rest of the armor first :) (trying to finish it by April)

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
That's the Hayabusa helmet, also kept to themselves by Bungie, I wonder if a gameshark will work...

Actually the flaming helmet has nothing to do with the helmet that's being worn, it's controlled by a special EOD chest piece called "Bungie" so you're able to set any of the helmets on fire... and the regular Hayabusa helmet is available to anyone with all the skulls :)

Zaso117 said:
bluerealm of the recon armor :not worthy:
spartan 300 said:
nice helmet

Thanks guys :)

While it's not totally related to the Recon build I thought it'd be better to keep all my projects in here until I can post them in the appropriate forums :)

Here's a few of the things I'm working on at the moment:
Robogenisis' pep MA5C
th_DSCF2028.jpg th_DSCF2026.jpg
Needs more work before it's anywhere near being finished... had a weird problems with the fore-grip, for some reason it didn't want to fit but I'll fix that when I start 'glassing the inside

Next up, Robogenisis' HD boots:
th_DSCF2022.jpg th_DSCF2021.jpg
still working on the rear section

and finally, the Mk V helmet by Moz:
th_DSCF2032.jpg th_DSCF2018.jpg th_DSCF2016.jpg
It's now got the first coat of fiberglass on the inside, might do another before I cut that support piece out.

I'm also working on finishing the unfolding of my Recon helmet file, should hopefully be posted here next week (in both PDO and scaled PDF files for the Mac users :) )

Mk V update:
th_DSCF2034.jpg
Partially fiberglassed helmet with support removed

th_DSCF2037.jpg th_DSCF2036.jpg
After I finished the first coat of fiberglass I tried to put the helmet on but my head was a little too big, luckily I remembered a mod I saw over on CT.net and started chopping the neck ring (first pic has the ring, second has it removed) When I'm done the piece I removed will have some magnets added and will come off as I need to put the helmet on or take it off.

Keegan said:
U can haz reconz? Ha, Just Kidding, Beautiful job!

Quick WIP shot of half of an AR for anyone who interested in what you do after you split it down the middle :)
th_DSCF2044.jpg

Did a little more on the Recon chest, I probably wont do too much until I finish flying_squirl's HD torso, just in case it doesn't fit (since I started with the standard Halo 2 pep files)
th_DSCF2046.jpg

Also made some more progress on the Mk V today and thought these photos might be helpful to anyone building their own.
Since it's quite a small area up in the brim I decided to cut the top of the helmet off to allow access, you can see the top piece on and off the helmet in the first two pics, the third is of the top piece on it's own and the last is of the area in the brim that you can't really get at without a lot of trouble.
th_DSCF2049.jpg th_DSCF2048.jpg

th_DSCF2054.jpg th_DSCF2051.jpg
As soon as I'm done with the brim I'll reattach the top with some fiberglass and you'll never know it had been removed :)

NZ-TK said:
Looking good Belakor, starting to wonder where you find the time for all this stuff

Anything that's going to expand my portfolio for Weta is way up the top of my list of things to do and everything else is basically ignored while I'm working on this stuff :D
I can already picture all the sleepless nights I'll be having in the lead-up to Wellygeddon '08 going to be an interesting four months...

No progress to report today, hopefully the stores will be back to normal tomorrow so I can get some more bondo and paintbrushes. Should have the Mk V finished and ready for painting in a few days.

Anything that's going to expand my portfolio for Weta is way up the top of my list
True, we share a few goals then :) Are you registered with the "weta people" site?

NZ-TK said:
True, we share a few goals then :) Are you registered with the "weta people" site?

Yep, I'm on the "Weta People" site :) registered Oct 24 '06 and only just remembered I had the account now :rolleyes
Thanks for reminding me about it, I'll need to start updating :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back