Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me when you're selling, and ill be lookin to buy. CANT WAIT. selling these would be a great way to make profits for finishing the rest of your armor! :)

That build seems infinitely better than the previous one I've made up - much more simple. I'll be using this for my own personal build (currently has two Recon build commissions on the way).

As for the head detail: it's in Slyfo's model. Just rip it out of there, or for those others, print it out from that model.

Primal Weyland said:
That build seems infinitely better than the previous one I've made up - much more simple. I'll be using this for my own personal build (currently has two Recon build commissions on the way).

As for the head detail: it's in Slyfo's model. Just rip it out of there, or for those others, print it out from that model.

Cool, it's good to know it'd be a simpler build :) I tried to fix most of the problems I had when doing mine, I think I got most of them...

I just uploaded that detail piece, I had it in a previous helmet file so it was just a matter of removing everything else :) added some tabs to the open edges too which should make it easier to attach.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, i started putting the pep pieces together and was wondering how you plan to put the visor part in?.. :eek:
the pep model is freagin awsome!( btw)
and for the smoothing part, did you use bondo or rondo(mud/resin+bondo)?

dude-ryan.s said:
hey, i started putting the pep pieces together and was wondering how you plan to put the visor part in?.. :eek:
the pep model is freagin awsome!( btw)
and for the smoothing part, did you use bondo or rondo(mud/resin+bondo)?

What I did was cut/grind a small lip in the "face" piece (you can see the lip in the pics below) and I'll then glue the bottom of the visor to that with... something, possibly silicone. Not sure how well it will work but I don't think it'll be a problem
th_DSCF2087.jpg th_DSCF2089.jpg

Glad you like the model :) for the smoothing I just used regular bondo, mud would probably work pretty well though.

Belakor said:
What I did was cut/grind a small lip in the "face" piece (you can see the lip in the pics below) and I'll then glue the bottom of the visor to that with... something, possibly silicone. Not sure how well it will work but I don't think it'll be a problem
th_DSCF2087.jpg th_DSCF2089.jpg

Glad you like the model :) for the smoothing I just used regular bondo, mud would probably work pretty well though.

Oh my gosh! great idea thanks. I'm almost finished putting the pep together

i finished the pep and it's come out good, now all i have to do is resin,fiberglass,and detail it! yay!!

Been playing with some leftover paint the past couple of days (note this isn't the color it will be when done ;) ) :
th_IMG_0563.jpg th_IMG_0564.jpg
I've decided to save a bit of time and cut those recessed chest detail pieces out and replace them with styrene sheet, I've also opened up the recessed light area and I'll fit some clear plastic once I've finished the sanding.

I forgot to rotate this one:
th_IMG_0559.jpg
You can kind of see the reshaping and the detailing

Here's a couple of shots of the camera I'm using and also the styrene housing that I quickly built to hold it in the helmet, I'm probably going to use some industrial velcro to attach it but I'm looking at another way that might be a bit more sturdy...
th_IMG_0554.jpg th_IMG_0555.jpg

and finally, I finished unfolding this the other day:
th_ReconShoulderEdited.jpg th_ReconShoulderUnedited.jpg
Recon Shoulder
I have no idea what size it should be and it'll need a bit of work done once assembled to get the two main pieces to fit together but I thought I'd throw it up anyway in case someone was feeling adventurous ;)

cut those recessed chest detail pieces out and replace them with styrene sheet
Nice, Its a good way to get hard edge details and flat surfaces quickly. looking great so far.

As per the Recon shoulders, I can give some size references and possibly sort the file out for use. Give me some time and I'll work on it.

That Recon Helm looks fantastic! Seriously, I would mould it (If I knew how) and send one or two to Bungie. I think they would love to have them.

I'll be honest that I only like the Mark V and Mark VI helms in game but the work everyone has put in to these Helm variants is truely amazing.

Keep up the greate work! Look forward to see more work from you on Recon.

NZ-TK said:
Nice, Its a good way to get hard edge details and flat surfaces quickly. looking great so far.

Yeah, it really saves a lot of time and effort :)
Managed to get the second one done as well as the first piece of the light assembly
th_IMG_0570.jpg th_IMG_0567.jpg
Also started the mock-up of the back pieces
th_IMG_0572.jpg

Primal Weyland said:
As per the Recon shoulders, I can give some size references and possibly sort the file out for use. Give me some time and I'll work on it.

Cool, let me know how you get on :) I've tried a couple of times but just end up getting frustrated and eventually give up :cautious:

T Cheeseman said:
That Recon Helm looks fantastic! Seriously, I would mould it (If I knew how) and send one or two to Bungie. I think they would love to have them.

I'll be honest that I only like the Mark V and Mark VI helms in game but the work everyone has put in to these Helm variants is truely amazing.

Keep up the greate work! Look forward to see more work from you on Recon.

Thanks :) and yeah, that'll probably be where the first pull goes ;)

I'm the complete opposite, the only perm I like in game is the Recon (and maybe the Security) and of course that is the only one that I'll never get :rolleyes :p

Belakor said:
its so prity *cries*

i just rembered that i forgot to match the recon chest to my model for you. sorry. ill do it tonight, and if i dont, do remind me, i wont think of it as rude.

smilie120 said:
:eek: All this started as paperkins? ;) Nice work man, I though your helm was molded the 1st time I saw it!
moulding is a process, not a product, a lot of people here seem to be a bit confused about that.

I came up with an idea for scaling the shoulder last night and it seems to be working :)
It's pretty crude but here's a Recon shoulder size tester
To figure out the size you just have to measure between the two points in the following photos on your own arm and input the result (in centimeters) in the size tester file, after that take the scale number from the scaling window (not the size in cm) and use that to scale this file*. That should give you a human sized Recon shoulder :)

*Note that second file is a rescaled version of my first should file which is already scaled for my 5'11" body.

th_1.jpg th_2.jpg

Hopefully that makes sense. I should have part of my shoulder assembled later today, stay tuned for pictures :)
Update: Here's one of the finished pieces:
th_IMG_0604.jpg th_IMG_0605.jpg

Before anyone says anything, yes I used tape, yes tape sucks and no I don't ever plan on using it again :p I ran out of hot glue the other day and haven't had a chance to get any more.
I'll either remake or fix this one once I've got more glue but I wanted to check this scaling idea before I released it, good news is it works pretty well :) (the size is almost perfect on my arm but it's too hard to get a photo of it)

flying_squirl said:
its so prity *cries*

i just rembered that i forgot to match the recon chest to my model for you. sorry. ill do it tonight, and if i dont, do remind me, i wont think of it as rude.

Cool and don't worry, I'll hound you mercilessly until you finish... I'm kidding of course
:p

smilie120 said:
:eek: All this started as paperkins? ;) Nice work man, I though your helm was molded the 1st time I saw it!

Odd. Those sizing references were exactly what I had in mind...

Also, I'd be extremely interested in finding out where you got the Recon shoulder references from...

Edit: some scouting around on Bungie.net tells me you has Recon. Interesting.

Primal Weyland said:
... Edit: some scouting around on Bungie.net tells me you has Recon. Interesting.

I do? if that's true it's news to me :unsure: *runs off to check my Halo 3 profile*... just checked, no Recon for me.

I've been getting all my references from Lars Bakken ;) he doesn't know it though, I just downloaded one of the Humpday videos ages ago and he had all the armor on as well as having the best angles (the chest looks best when he dies about 3 mins in at 4:20 on the hill)

Belakor said:
I do? if that's true it's news to me :unsure: *runs off to check my Halo 3 profile*... just checked, no Recon for me.

I've been getting all my references from Lars Bakken ;) he doesn't know it though, I just downloaded one of the Humpday videos ages ago and he had all the armor on as well as having the best angles (the chest looks best when he dies about 3 mins in at 4:20 on the hill)

Ah, that'll explain it. Still, if you made your Recon set and Bungie DIDN'T give you Recon for it... petition.

Just uploaded an A4 version of the Recon helmet for anyone that uses A4 paper... link in the first post :)

Speaking of Recon, I finished the prototype of the Recon shoulder:
th_IMG_0640.jpg th_IMG_0639.jpg

I'll be picking up some more cardstock and hot-glue today so I can get a nice looking one finished and ready for resining.

I also got 'round to building the forehead detail piece for the helmet:
th_IMG_0622.jpg th_IMG_0626.jpg
Cleaned up some of the lines on the helmet as well.

It's made from styrene, bondo, and a thumbtack. In this pic you can see the space I've left which is the intake for the fan on the inside:
th_IMG_0637.jpg

I think that's all for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back