Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooohh, more Belakor-y goodness. I like the gunmetal, looks good. And that meeting, would that have been anything to do with Weta perhaps?

looks great! im jealous you make me want to quit building my armor :p . do you have any pics of the inside by any chance? i just want to see what it looks like

Hey Belakor, I was reading in one of your topics that you where thinking of making some pulls of your recon armor. Are you pleased with the helmet enough to start or are you still touching up? If you are I am interested...

@ Leatherneck: Ow, yeah, good to have the use of my arm again :p

@ SKG: Yeah I still think black is the coolest but I had to do the gunmetal to keep these guys from twisting my arm :p:lol:

@ Loess: Just wait for the next paint change... ;)

@ rvb: It's shiny but not so shiny that you can't wear it while sneaking up on people and clobbering them over the head with a stick... not that I do that kind of thing :cautious:

@ helios: Thanks :) the gunmetal looks better and better each time I see it :D re. the meeting, it could do, time will tell I guess...

@ daftndirekt: Thanks :D and I'll try and get some interior shots this week :)

@ wwslubs: Right now most of my money is tied up in current and soon to be projects so I haven't really been able to do anything about the moulding. I'm hoping to get some pointers from some professionals in the near future, will most likely try casting something simpler like the Mk I IM helmet first though.

@ halomunky: Mine started out like most other pep helmets, just a simple cardstock model (there's a couple of pics of it here) that I then fiberglassed and smoothed out with bondo. I think there's some pics of the various stages in the first few pages of this thread... been a while since I looked that far back though ;)

Here's some photos:
th_P7010004wtmk.jpg th_P7010005wtmk.jpg th_P7010009wtmk.jpg
th_P7010010wtmk.jpg th_P7010011wtmk.jpg th_P7010012wtmk.jpg
It's not exactly tidy in there.

I'm bumping this topic right back up, cause I think it is in need of a transfer to the elite showcase. Anybody??

While i'm here though, I will say that you are still the god of recon, and that your ODST and EOD helmets are coming along extremely nice.

Zaso117 said:
I'm bumping this topic right back up, cause I think it is in need of a transfer to the elite showcase. Anybody??

While i'm here though, I will say that you are still the god of recon, and that your ODST and EOD helmets are coming along extremely nice.

I'd definately second that sentiment, Zaso! This is clearly of the calibre of craftsmanship worthy to be displayed in the Showcase. I haven't been to this topic for a while, but I'm loving where this is going! Like Link, I'd be interested in a pull of this :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you back Spartan II. =]

But Belakor, that paintjob on the Recon is pretty cool. Not to sound noobish, but how do you drybrush? (And just FYI, I did search, I just wanted to see how he did it.)

Wow, have I missed a lot in this thread. It's been a while so I just skimmed through the whole thread, and I must say Belakor, fantastic work. And the repaint on your helmet looks great; I love gunmetal. :D

Dark Rogue said:
Nice to see you back Spartan II. =]

But Belakor, that paintjob on the Recon is pretty cool. Not to sound noobish, but how do you drybrush? (And just FYI, I did search, I just wanted to see how he did it.)
Drybrushing is when you wipe most of the paint off the brush before you apply it.
Have a look at this, it was just the first thing i found on Google. Drybrushing
He does a bunch of unnecessary stuff, like using blue-tac so he can paint that really small area... but that’s the general gist of it.

Thanks for the replies everyone, sorry it's taken a while to respond... it's been pretty busy, lots of Star Wars/501st events recently. BTW I saw The Clone Wars movie on Sunday, really cool movie so go see it if you're interested in Star Wars (plenty of cool costume ideas too, I can see a Clone Wars scout trooper in my future ;))
Also, thanks to the person that moved this :)

@ Dark Rogue: P0rtalman's link is probably a better guide to drybrushing than anything I could put together (I'm not much of a teacher) the only difference between what that guy does and what I do, for large pieces like armor, is I use a large makeup brush and sometimes 1-2 inch paintbrushes. It's the same basic idea just with a way bigger brush so it doesn't take years like it would if you used one of the tiny drybrushes used on miniature figures.

I did find some time over the last few days to make some progress on my Mk V:
th_DSCF2636wtmk.jpg th_DSCF2637wtmk.jpg
I'll have the helmet and EOD chest ready for Armageddon in Oct so expect to see some new pics of the armor then... might even be a color change by then ;)

and this is a custom display stand that I put together recently for another helmet (not Halo related ;))
th_DSCF2640wtmk.jpg
Once I find some more stands I'll look at doing some Halo themed ones for my helmets.

Adulese said:
Now thats just great. This guys has some nerve.

- Adulese

PS: Good work on your armor dude. It looks amazing.
You got that right and one thing look at belakor post number everyone run.

anyway keep up the work man like the Halo 1 mark 5.

baddog9000 said:
Belakor might want to check this out.
someone stilling your shine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ranN3w5oWZk
Thanks. I'm aware of that guy, I found him a while back and someone here pointed it out as well. I've posted a couple of comments to prove that it isn't his (and several people from here have commented before) but he just removes them Not much that can be done really...

p0rtalman said:
The MK V is looking great belakor!
Thanks p0rtalman :D

Adulese said:
...PS: Good work on your armor dude. It looks amazing.

Stopped work on the BSG Marine this morning and did some more before the rain set in:
th_DSCF2641wtmk.jpg th_DSCF2642wtmk.jpg th_DSCF2643wtmk.jpg

*Note: the the lighting makes it look 'softer' than it actually is. Now I just have to decide which parts I'm going to round off and throw some more details on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back