Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMAZING! Ive downloaded everything you have posted...... im now officially obsessed with recon :p

Also, How big should the Forehead detail be for a 26 cm tall helm?

Got some more glue and cardstock today, expect some pics of finished (the pep stage at least) Recon shoulders in the next couple of days :)

I did manage to complete one new pep piece today:
th_IMG_0644.jpg th_IMG_0642.jpg th_IMG_0643.jpg
It looks a little warped but that's just because of how I temporarily fitted it to the chest.
I just have to go back and edit a couple of things on the file and after I finish that I'll upload it to the first post in this thread :) (I reused some old pieces of card which is why there are patterns on the inside)

Cookies to anyone that gets this pic ;)
th_IMG_0647.jpg

Edit: EOD Chest is now up, copied this from the first post:
EOD Chest
*Scaled for a 41.5cm high version of FS's HD Torso, there are two pieces on the last page which you'll need to leave out if you want it to fit on the HD torso. I'm working on a good scaling method at the moment, will update when I'm done.

Spartan 061 said:
AMAZING! Ive downloaded everything you have posted...... im now officially obsessed with recon :p

Another Recon obsessed member! welcome to the club :p

The forehead detail should be the right size for the default helmet size, a quick way to check is to open the detail piece in pep and check the scale number against the scale number of the helmet and if they match they'll print at the same scale :) If they don't match you can just copy the scale number from the helmet and paste it into the detail file.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently working on seperating the forehead detail out from the rest of the file - I'll have it in a day or so. Belakor, if you want me to send it over, or perhaps find out if I can attatch it to your helm, then let me know.

As for scaling - exactly as Belakor has said. Match up the scales of the two helms and you should have a perfect fit. If not, I can lend assistance.

Also, Belakor: thank you very much for the EOD chestplate. This is something my housemate has been wanting for his personal set, and we can probably make this one up in a weekend.

Spartan 061 said:
Take the scale number for the recon helmet and use the same value for the forehead piece. That's how it should work, theoretically.

EDIT: Looks like Belakor has already answered your question.

EDIT2: Nice looking perm! :love:

flying_squirl said:
got any ref pics of the sides of a full recon suit? ;) :D

Here's a few, the arms keep getting in the way of good side shots though :cautious: if you need more let me know :)

th_20384230-Full.jpg th_20384194-Full.jpg th_20384786-Full.jpg
th_20384262-Full.jpg th_20384695-Full.jpg th_20384190-Full.jpg
th_20384699-Full.jpg th_20384266-Full.jpg th_20385915-Full.jpg
th_20385868-Full.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/bela...385897-Full.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/bela...385954-Full.jpg
Added some more but I've added too many images so some are links

Primal Weyland said:
I'm currently working on seperating the forehead detail out from the rest of the file - I'll have it in a day or so. Belakor, if you want me to send it over, or perhaps find out if I can attatch it to your helm, then let me know.

As for scaling - exactly as Belakor has said. Match up the scales of the two helms and you should have a perfect fit. If not, I can lend assistance.
Also, Belakor: thank you very much for the EOD chestplate. This is something my housemate has been wanting for his personal set, and we can probably make this one up in a weekend.

By all means, if there's any modifications that think need to be done feel free and I'll add the files to the first post :) (same goes for anyone else that wants to fix any things I might have missed)

Good to hear that the EOD chest will be useful. It's a pretty easy one to do, I think it took me about an hour or possibly two to go from printing to fully assembled.

Ral Partha said:
Take the scale number for the recon helmet and use the same value for the forehead piece. That's how it should work, theoretically.
EDIT: Looks like Belakor has already answered your question.

EDIT2: Nice looking perm! :love:

Thanks Ral Partha, good to know there are others that can help people with the scaling of my stuff if I'm not online :)
Also thanks for the compliment on the new chest :) picking up more resin today so expect more updates :D

First let me say, NICE!

Second, I have decided to start work on my own Recon Armour. Well, the helmet right now.

(Thanks to those who made the Recon models)

"Forged in the flames of passion and perserverance. Go forth and represent."

That amazing line is what shows up if you are one on the VERY few have the Bungie chest. Im going to start the recon soon, after i look at this stuff, and finish the EOD.

-FireDrakeArchon

merrik_matsumura said:
First let me say, NICE!

Second, I have decided to start work on my own Recon Armour. Well, the helmet right now.

(Thanks to those who made the Recon models)

Thanks and be sure to post some progress pics of your Recon gear as you go :)

FireDrakeArchon said:
"Forged in the flames of passion and perserverance. Go forth and represent."

That amazing line is what shows up if you are one on the VERY few have the Bungie chest. Im going to start the recon soon, after i look at this stuff, and finish the EOD.

-FireDrakeArchon

Halo 3 cookie for you :D
halo3cookiemo9.jpg

Another piece of armor I'll probably never see :p also that means that I'll be doing my EOD chest like the Bungie one so there wont be any lights or fancy stuff like that.

Small update: One Recon shoulder and the Bungie chest have been resined and the other shoulder is waiting to be assembled, if it's sunny tomorrow I'll start laying the mat :)

Another day, another shoulder :D

th_IMG_0649.jpg th_IMG_0650.jpg th_IMG_0652.jpg

well two shoulders really but the first was WAY too big:
th_IMG_0653.jpg
It's actually more of a helmet than a shoulder :unsure: :p

I've just uploaded and posted the link to the EOD shoulder in the first post, scaling is pretty random at the moment... the first one I did (pictured on top of the Recon helmet above) was scaled to a height of 20cm and was much too big so I re-scaled it to 15cm. I think somewhere between 14cm and 17cm would be good for most people, I'll try and get a good reference pic of the shoulder next time I'm on the 360.

As you can see in the pics above, I finished resining the EOD/Bungie chest and I'll break it loose tomorrow for 'glassing... the Recon shoulder is also resined but I haven't got any pics of that yet.

WiLdCaT PoWeR said:
so i'm assuming that a recon chest is on the way too? :)

Yep :) as soon as I get the Recon model unfolded and assemble one myself (that way I can make sure it actually works) I'll be posting the files :)

NZ-TK said:
Loving the EOD stuff, the chest and sholders are sick, I wear them in game usually

I thought you'd like them :D might do the helmet as well later on, I don't particularly like it but I'm not going to stop until I've got all the perm bits :D

Speaking of perm bits, I've got another one up for grabs:
th_IMG_0659.jpg th_IMG_0660.jpg

One thing you might notice is the knife is on the opposite side, I'm not sure how that happened but it works well for me (I'm left handed ;)) Did they change the side the knife was on in the retail game? Anyway, I'll post both a left and right handed model for those that want a choice and there'll be Letter and A4 versions of both :)

Check the first post for a left handed A4 link (the others are on the way), as always the default scaling is for a torso with a height of 41.5cm but I'll update with a scaling system as soon as I work out a good way to do that.

Also resined the EOD shoulder and started fiberglassing the EOD chest:
th_IMG_0655.jpg th_IMG_0657.jpg

Belakor said:
Speaking of perm bits, I've got another one up for grabs:
th_IMG_0659.jpg th_IMG_0660.jpg
Whoa! CQB chest piece and it fits over FS's torso piece! *faints* *thud* (I'm up. :lol:)

Anyway, I'll post both a left and right handed model for those that want a choice and there'll be Letter and A4 versions of both :)
Please do 'coz I'm right-handed.

How I envy you (and FS, Robo, DF4L, Slyfo) for your 3D modeling skills.... :not worthy:

the reason for the knife swap, is pepakura always imports 3d files mirrored of what they should be, who knows why, but it does. most of the time its ok, because most of these models are symetrical.. , an easy way to fix this, is when first importing the 3d file, flip the axis. then unfold it like normal. hope his explains, or helps.. but great job on the FS chest.

Ral Partha said:
Whoa! CQB chest piece and it fits over FS's torso piece! *faints* *thud* (I'm up. :lol:)
Please do 'coz I'm right-handed.

How I envy you (and FS, Robo, DF4L, Slyfo) for your 3D modeling skills.... :not worthy:

I've got the right handed A4 file up now and the two Letter files should be up tomorrow sometime along with a scaling method :)

I've also got the CQB shoulder unfolded and ready for uploading but I can't seem to pull it off the computer at the moment (should be sorted tomorrow morning), there is a bit of a problem with it though... for some reason four of the numbered tabs don't match up, I'll see if I can fix it but it's still way easy to assemble.

dannifood4less said:
the reason for the knife swap, is pepakura always imports 3d files mirrored of what they should be, who knows why, but it does. most of the time its ok, because most of these models are symetrical.. , an easy way to fix this, is when first importing the 3d file, flip the axis. then unfold it like normal. hope his explains, or helps.. but great job on the FS chest.

Ahh I see, that's a bit odd... thanks for the help, I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm working with models in pep :)
I managed to get the file flipped and unfolded so all is well now :D

ya i loaded the pdo's but its only leting me use it with viewer not the other. do i some how print them with viewer or what?

This stuff is looking good, Belakor, keep up the great work. I've downloaded a bunch of your files too; they're nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back