Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belakor said:
Thanks :) I'm using Chavant (NSP medium and hard), it's expensive at about NZ$40 per brick but it works and I can reuse it.

Ah, I see. A buddy of mine is using Chavant to sculpt an anime character helmet.

Very slow going, but still cool. :)

Also checked out your 3D models and renders page. Again, very well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
DeathOfBlades said:
You see this ridiculousness yet?

Yeah, I've seen that. Not a lot that can be done, the guy just removes any negative posts. My advice would be to ignore it, that helmet is crap by comparison anyway.

Belakor said:
Yeah, I've seen that. Not a lot that can be done, the guy just removes any negative posts. My advice would be to ignore it, that helmet is crap by comparison anyway.

Well basically. He is using your pics and saying it is his and he isn't even admitting to it probably doesn't know who Belakor is. Such as I notice your pics on google images. But I guess you're right. The person will never admit it even if you gave him proof he'll just ignore it and remove it.

I was going to post something special up, since it's two years (to the minute) since I started this but... I couldn't come up with anything :p

Anywho, with this new sniper Spartan in Reach I think I've got more of a reason to get this helmet moulded and then use the sculpt or one of the casts to mod and build the sniper helmet. Hopefully I'll be able to dedicate some time to finally finishing this off soon

Actually, here's a photo:

4187089882_f037214875_m.jpg

Hellboy meets Recon :D

i could find the post (if there was one) that told us what you used in the sculpt. it that an oil based paint? it looks like you did some sanding but if it is a clay maybe not.

ratchet_fan said:
i could find the post (if there was one) that told us what you used in the sculpt. it that an oil based paint? it looks like you did some sanding but if it is a clay maybe not.

The helmet in the post above is Chavant NSP clay (which is the brown colour) but the helmets earlier on (the green and black) were the fiberglassed and bondo'ed early pep version. That was the base for the newer clay version.

The earlier, sanded bondo versions were painted with automotive paints... not sure of the brands anymore, it's been a while since I did that :unsure No paint or anything on the clay version (the white is baby powder) and was smoothed with hours and hours of working with different clay tools, I will clear coat it before I mould it though.

so i am assuming it is oil based. i have a failed rogue helmet from a while ago but i think i can save it if i cover it with clay. after all, the clay with will cover up my past failure. Looks great man! keep it up!

ratchet_fan said:
so i am assuming it is oil based. i have a failed rogue helmet from a while ago but i think i can save it if i cover it with clay. after all, the clay with will cover up my past failure. Looks great man! keep it up!

Yep, the NSP is a Non-Sulferated Plasteline clay, which is a sulfur free oil based clay, can be expensive but it's good stuff. I use the "Hard" clay mostly which is actually more like a hard wax.

If you've got a fairly square, somewhat solid base helmet you should be able to use clay to finish off, it's a different beast to the usual bondo/sanding method but it's much cleaner and you can get some real good results. You can't see it in most photos but the clay on the Recon in some parts is almost glass-smooth, add a few coats of clear to that and there's almost no imperfections :)

Alex spartan177 said:
Nice Helmet Belakor

Thanks :) And thanks to everyone above that I missed until just now...

yeah the helmet is a super solid base. there is a little bondo on it, i got to sand that down a bit. the helmet got tweeked as it was my first helmet and tried to dry it with a heater instead of air dry... i did it in the winter and keep it in the garage. kinda dumb but you live and learn. anyway it should work nicely... (fingers crossed)

DeathOfBlades said:
You see this ridiculousness yet?

That sucks big time, I almost joined youtube again just to post a comment telling him he was a tard, but then read Aarons post further down about him removing negatives, so no point.

I am priviledged to know Aaron IRL, and know all the hard work he put into that bucket and through its many rebuilds, detailing and accureizing.

Belakor said:
I was going to post something special up, since it's two years (to the minute) since I started this but... I couldn't come up with anything :p

Anywho, with this new sniper Spartan in Reach I think I've got more of a reason to get this helmet moulded and then use the sculpt or one of the casts to mod and build the sniper helmet. Hopefully I'll be able to dedicate some time to finally finishing this off soon

Actually, here's a photo:

4187089882_f037214875_m.jpg

Hellboy meets Recon :D

The offer I made last year dude is still open, Happy to help you mold it.

Got a ton of silicon, FG and other mold making supplies and casting resins just waiting for good cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back