Bioshock 2 W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks will, Im going to bondo the whole thing and fill all the pits and cracks in the foam up and smooth it out a lot. You gotta come down here at some point and give me a hand on this!

Have you thought about paper mache at all? It's easier and cheaper to fill the major holes in with and then you could just cover it with Resin once you get it smooth enough. The bondo is awfully heavy (and more of a pain to sand and file down than the resin) and I'm trying to find others ways to make it solid without adding too much weight. I'm going to give it a try on my helmet this weekend to see how well it works. I'll let you know.

Wow thats all I can say Is wow. I gotta tell ya man yours is going to be hard to beat. (But I'm ganna try) I do need to give credit where it is due though. Using your Pep file I've started with my own build. I started with some of the accessories a few months ago and had to put the project down to work on Ragna. I'll be posting my pics as they come along. I've still got to finish folding and glueing the paper. Delta has seen to many people with bad cosplays, but I see good things coming from you. After I'm done with delta it's going to be a short jump to the Big sister.

Have you thought about paper mache at all? It's easier and cheaper to fill the major holes in with and then you could just cover it with Resin once you get it smooth enough. The bondo is awfully heavy (and more of a pain to sand and file down than the resin) and I'm trying to find others ways to make it solid without adding too much weight. I'm going to give it a try on my helmet this weekend to see how well it works. I'll let you know.

actually, that might be a good idea... you might also wanna try joint compound... I know some guys use it because its easier to sand, but delta is on hold for a bit anyways, so Ill see how your progress goes along. Im only worried that the paper mache wouldn't stick to the resin-coated spray-foam...

Also on a second note, Will, you DEFINITELY. need to take the progress you posted on your blog, and make a WIP on the 405th. Theres almost no bioshock stuff compared to everything else, and it would help others who are following in our footsteps with subject delta, or any other bioshock props in general.

Wow thats all I can say Is wow. I gotta tell ya man yours is going to be hard to beat. (But I'm ganna try) I do need to give credit where it is due though. Using your Pep file I've started with my own build. I started with some of the accessories a few months ago and had to put the project down to work on Ragna. I'll be posting my pics as they come along. I've still got to finish folding and glueing the paper. Delta has seen to many people with bad cosplays, but I see good things coming from you. After I'm done with delta it's going to be a short jump to the Big sister.

Thanks, and Im sure you can improve on what I have here. Me and Will have figured out plenty of things that work (such as the great stuff spray-foam I used, isnt eaten away by resin) and shared our problems/solutions with each other. If you build upon others' ideas and solutions, you shouldnt have any problem creating a great costume. As for the bad cosplays, I've noticed that most delta's dont look like weathered/tarnished/old metal, or their shape looks weird. The pepakura should help with symmetry, and as long as you put plenty of time and attention to detail into it, it should look great.

Yup yup. Im currenly waiting on my expandable foam for my drill arm. The helmet is almost done being glued together and I'll start fiberglassing next week so I will get some of my pics up soon. Are you going to be making any of deltas weapons? I'm going for the drill obvisouly and I'm going to try for the shot gun, gallant gun and maybe the rivet gun.

Yup yup. Im currenly waiting on my expandable foam for my drill arm. The helmet is almost done being glued together and I'll start fiberglassing next week so I will get some of my pics up soon. Are you going to be making any of deltas weapons? I'm going for the drill obvisouly and I'm going to try for the shot gun, gallant gun and maybe the rivet gun.

I think Im just going to make the drill, since thats the iconic weapon you see him with.

actually, that might be a good idea... you might also wanna try joint compound... I know some guys use it because its easier to sand, but delta is on hold for a bit anyways, so Ill see how your progress goes along. Im only worried that the paper mache wouldn't stick to the resin-coated spray-foam...

Also on a second note, Will, you DEFINITELY. need to take the progress you posted on your blog, and make a WIP on the 405th. Theres almost no bioshock stuff compared to everything else, and it would help others who are following in our footsteps with subject delta, or any other bioshock props in general.

Alright. I wouldn't mind doing that. How do I go about doing that though?

Alright. I wouldn't mind doing that. How do I go about doing that though?

Okay well to start a new topic, you click on the noob forums, and then click the "new post" button, but make sure if its a WIP that you have pictures in your post.

As for the joint compound, just use it like you would bondo, and then coat it with resin after sanding

Okay well to start a new topic, you click on the noob forums, and then click the "new post" button, but make sure if its a WIP that you have pictures in your post.

As for the joint compound, just use it like you would bondo, and then coat it with resin after sanding

Thanks for the help! And here you go, http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29359-Bioshock-2-Subject-Delta-WIP?p=475371&posted=1#post475371

Also, I wasn't asking before how to use the joint compound because I already knew how. Thank you though! xD

@rx554- you need to press the go advanced button and save it in that menu.

@Jeddychan- great job on the armor, I hope the smoothing proccess goes well.

@rx554- you need to press the go advanced button and save it in that menu.

@Jeddychan- great job on the armor, I hope the smoothing proccess goes well.

Thanks, I hope the smoothing goes a little easier. Things are on hold for a while because my teacher is having me build some instruments for Suessical out of PVC, since Im like the only person who knows how to bend PVC in my stagecraft class (he saw the rack for delta).
Also, I need to get some pics of my adam needle the way it is so far, and pics of my friends adam needle, which we worked on over this weekend.

And thanks for telling will how to fix his post, I had him change it when I saw it.

And on a side note, Im crossing my fingers that someone buys my Cohen mask off of ebay... then maybe I can quit working at BJ's... less than an hour left!

I finally have an update!

after some time, I finally have an update... although with only a little more than 20 days till anime boston... its going to be a bit close...

ALSO: dont forget to check out my vacuumformer that I built HERE

here's some of the smoothing that my friend terrance has been helping with
5571944266_e29df04d07_z.jpg

5571944538_de4e048421_z.jpg

5571355573_aaf123f925_z.jpg

5571355841_ab3a3be79e_z.jpg

5571356717_9db8884cae_z.jpg

And heres the tank, which is made out of a 5 gallon water jug cut in half, and the middle was replaced with some PVC sheet I have, to make the jug taller. The bottom is riveted to the PVC
5571456191_9b3876d769_z.jpg

and heres the groove that locks the top in place
5572047614_4a5cecfef7_z.jpg

and one of the rivets that the grooves lock into
5571460111_ceef2bf931_z.jpg

and these are the EVE and Health tanks. they're made from 2 smart water bottles, filled with paint and then drained. The one that looks orange, is actually red...
5571462423_9e45cab7cd_z.jpg

!!UPDATE!!

first off, a big thanks to my friend terrance, who acted as my mannequin for when I needed to bloody up my collared shirt with paint for my splicer costume...

his sacrifice does not go unappreciated.

the paint that decided to bleed through onto terrance:

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

I appreciate it. alot.

I have a quick update since today I was testing how the paint looks with as semi-rough surface. Personally, I think the streaks in the joint compound just makes it look even more like worn metal.

5577381280_f615551cdc_z.jpg

5576795587_a59c61e5df_z.jpg[

Wow, that helmet is so cool! I must say I'm very jealous of it!

thanks, hopefully now that I got a ton of scholarship stuff for college out of the way, I can focus more on getting this damn thing done before Anime Boston

and if you're jealous, why dont you try making one yourself? it'd be really cool to see someone else's twist and methods on building subject delta

awesome, keep up the good work

looking fantastic bro

thanks guys, its nice to get back to posting my progress, and plus its making good use of my new camera I got for christmas...

do you guys have any suggestions on how I should fill/shape the grooves that go from the front to the sides of the helmet? filling it with joint compound would be simple, but I dont think I could fit my dremel in such a tight space to shape it just the way I want...

and a WHILE ago someone asked if I was going to do a fanfilm, and as much as I would love to, I dont have other people interested in making/buying costumes to do so... unless someone wanted to beg them... the sad thing is, that I'm part of the broadcasting program at my school and have access to amazing cameras that can shoot in HD and shoot a lot of cool stuff...

I have yet another update on subject delta, and soon I will post my progress on my adam needle as well

first, though, Id like to thank Terrance (the one covered in red paint a few pages back) for all the help he's been giving me in school... heres a picture of him at work smoothing the helmet while I've been working on building the tanks and such.

5596194271_c28f97247d_z.jpg

----------------------------------------

and on to the updates:

these are the boots, the metal screen is covered with a little bit of bondo at the moment in order to solidify the toe cap
5596192571_5814e583ba_z.jpg

the work glove that I drew the pattern on and seam-ripped so I could make a pattern from it
5596200913_afc8647fd8_z.jpg

the parts cut from the homemade pattern all laid out (thanks mom)
5596220913_b6cc6e5b2e_z.jpg

the eve tank mounted onto the helmet (the health tank has been mounted on since the picture was taken)
5596202557_ee5ba1941e_z.jpg

5596204013_7b2fd4f617_z.jpg

the bottom of the small air tank which was made from a cardboard tube capped with a plastic bowl
5596205605_b8a3c37541_z.jpg

inside of the tank, where you can see how the bowl is attached
5596206929_99a220da12_z.jpg\

the supports for the other bowl
5596791446_53243a82fd_z.jpg

the tank with all its parts together
5596210001_d26eba9885_z.jpg

this update needs to be made in two posts because of the image limit

UPDATE CONTINUED...

this is one of the belts sewn inside-out
5596197529_57719bbd02_z.jpg

turning the belt right-side-out with the help from a PVC pipe
5596781824_d168c5c458_z.jpg

and the finished lengths of belts after the extra stitching was added
5596778784_133085fb28_z.jpg

now onto the diving weights... I had seen Kommissar's NCR Ranger Armor thread a while ago, and wanted to follow what he did, and the foam pads I bought ended up working perfect for the diving weights
5596794706_7b91931c68_z.jpg

some rectangles
5596796496_619b9d7b29_z.jpg

and I figured, most lead weights have holes in them to tie the weights to something, so why not just make holes and tie the weights on...?
5596798306_4b9ef6f4a5_z.jpg

the punch that I got with one of my grommet kits
5596800262_d08ae02167_z.jpg

a few weights and my belt laid out. the clip on the belt was taken off of my school backpack and the belt is made out of that pleather shown before
5596219043_d8578023c7_z.jpg

the weights attached with twine
5596805316_f86a330845_z.jpg

and I made a revision to the pendant, originally I had used some synthetic rope (left), but it was too stiff so I had to get some natural rope. The only problem was that it was too thick to be usable (right), so what I did was took a strand out of it (it had 3) and put one end in my vice, the other in a drill, and tightened the rope to make it look correct (middle)
5599072212_43d8eabdd2_z.jpg

and finally the pendant with the better looking, and more flexible rope
5599074222_a6d92c7ef7_z.jpg

check back later for the progress on my adam syringe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back