Bioshock 2 W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

okay heres the progress on my adam syringe

the electronics are sealed up with hot glue so no liquid seeps into the gas pump handle
5571924634_f7e46c8f61_z.jpg

the jar with the baby bottle threads resined on
5571925634_d5c965aed3_z.jpg

only problem is that the threads didnt stick...
5571336767_200c92a037_z.jpg

but this is what it should've looked like
5571337987_d71e0b31a0_z.jpg

and then the resin didn't stick so well to the glass, so I had to rough it up to attach it again
5571927472_9979e48ff4_z.jpg

5571339221_c9a2dc74a5_z.jpg

and heres the second try...
5571928754_10b6da6e5d_z.jpg

which worked for a bit...
5571340241_d615c40f56_z.jpg

and here's the adam syringe with the light on
5571339885_7561107480_z.jpg

the sad thing is, the bottom of the jar decided to seperate itself from the rest of the jar, so I need to buy another mint jelly jar and try a third time... in the meantime Im working on subject delta to get it done in time for anime boston...

Okay these are my works in progress from Bioshock 2. It includes my pep. Subject Delta costume and my molded bunny splicer mask.

Subject Delta - note: this is also in the thread about bioshock 2 armor HERE

heres the model after I cleaned it up

Delta_Cleaned_By_Jeddychan.obj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay I'm going to try adding supports myself because I just learned that in order to make faces you select exactly 3 vertices and then you can just hit "F" to create the face... youtube has been the most help to me so far for learning milkshape...

EDIT: would anyone like to look at this attempt at supports and tell me if Im doing it right? suggestions on where to put them and how to improve it are welcomed... remember, I only did one support on purpose... its not done yet...

EDIT: -I removed the older file with supports since my finished one is well... finished.-

EDIT: and on a sidenote, when I unfold this for myself Im only going to do it in letter, since I dont have much time on my hands... if someone wants to unfold my .obj file feel free, but some credit would be appreciated since this is my first project where Im actually working with models...

EDIT: I have a problem with the first support I made... I opened it in pepakura to test it and parts of the supports arent connected the way they should be and Im not totally sure how to fix it in milkshape. Heres the image showing the problem... As you can see, the red lines on the 3D view show that the faces arent connected, so even if wanted to divide those joints and connect them with tabs, I couldn't...

problem.jpg

EDIT: Im just saying hell with the supports and just making them flat and then Ill just glue cardboard to the back of them... that should make it a LOT simpler and I have plenty of cardboard lying around anyways...

Okay Im just going to make a new post since I finished modeling the helmet. The supports are flat because Ill just glue cardboard to them for the sake of time... and yes, I did go crazy with the supports, and thats because I really dont want this to mess up and warp after I put all the effort into it when I pep it...

here is a link to the finished OBJ file for anyone whos interested:

Delta_Cleaned_With_Supports_By_Jeddychan.obj

Ill be unfolding and finishing it as soon as I can...

and a view of the .obj file in milkshape 3D

Finished_OBJ_File.jpg

ITS FINISHED!

NOTE: I figured out how to make an image act like a hyperlink, heres what to do: (url=link to file here)(img)link to image here(/img)(/url) just instead of parenthesis, ( ), use brackets, [ ]

Subject_Delta_Helmet_By_Jeddychan.jpg

Okay I finished pepping it, but there's one problem... the shoulders don't fit me right... in order to fix them I tried making a body-cast of myself to use as reference, which failed miserably... so I duct-taped together some things and ended up with a mannequin that my animation class helped name Vläd... Vläd helped to show me where I needed to cut and overlap parts of the helmet in order to make it fit me correctly, without making it loose the correct looking shape...

Heres some images showing the finished pepping, me trying to fix it, and Vläd:

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

QUOTE]

ok so i know this is kinda old but, i noticed that you have a pep file on there that has every peice of the helmet on a seperate page, therefore making it easy to put together. may you please tell me what file that is and if you may possibly be able to give me that file?
i tried your first pep file you put up and the problem was that it was too big and it was falling off the page, the last picture of the pep file on your computer is the one i would like to try to build myself.

ok so i know this is kinda old but, i noticed that you have a pep file on there that has every peice of the helmet on a seperate page, therefore making it easy to put together. may you please tell me what file that is and if you may possibly be able to give me that file?
i tried your first pep file you put up and the problem was that it was too big and it was falling off the page, the last picture of the pep file on your computer is the one i would like to try to build myself.

dont worry, its not ridiculously old, I've been updating some of my delta stuff when I was rushing to get it done for Anime Boston, which sadly, it wasn't finished for...

anyways, if Im correct, I think if you click on the picture of the .PDO , it should link you to the file.

and, if you do make a subject delta costume, please feel free to post a link here. I'd love to see someone else's take on this costume.

Jeddychan, did you go to AB as your Splicer again this year? I thought I saw you in the Dealers Room as it opened on Sunday the 24th. I wanted to go say Hi, but I wasn't 100% sure.

I am really glad for the updates, I have been making one of these so I can cosplay with my friend (an amazing little sister), and have been going around in a grey outfit with tons of cardboard attatched to me :p I am currently trying to figure out how you cut down the size of the forehead and readjust the shoulders, so I can possibly edit the paperika file so I can print it out easily.

dont worry, its not ridiculously old, I've been updating some of my delta stuff when I was rushing to get it done for Anime Boston, which sadly, it wasn't finished for...

anyways, if Im correct, I think if you click on the picture of the .PDO , it should link you to the file.

and, if you do make a subject delta costume, please feel free to post a link here. I'd love to see someone else's take on this costume.

yep! just got to the painting stage of the actual helmet. still gotta add the lights, tanks, tubes, and thing that the little sister stands on! oh and btw, the pictures pretty much give no credit to my helmet, it looks sooooo much better in real life and soooo much more detailed.... http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32493-bioshock-delta-replica-HELP/page3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back