Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguy55

With Thanksgiving only a day away I was wondering if anyone here was going to go shopping for any deals. It's always very hectic with all the mosh pits of soccer moms and secret shoppers all trying to save a few cents, but some brave souls dare to venture out in the wild on such occasions. I have heard of people getting trampled by storming herds of violent customers, bones breaking and the like. This it the first "Black Friday" I have ever been to, I will be camping out at circuit city over night to try to get a $300 laptop. The store is going to have at least 5 and at the most 10 so I need to be there as early as possible which will probably be at around 9:00 the night before. I was wondering if anyone had any stories or advise for me while i am there. Thanks.

-Matt

bring a chair.... and maybe some coffee...

but most of all!

wear a friggin coat! it gets really cold in the nights and mornings!

last time i was at best buy, a guy got sent to the hospital cuz he had hypothermia o_O isnt that interesting...... guess he didnt get the 42" Tv for $500 that he wanted :D

oh, and charge for the stuff you want first! then once you held on to everything then go shopping for all the other shiz...

DONT LET ANYTHING OUT OF SIGHT... IT WILL GET TAKEN!!!!!

i took a 22" monitor from a unsuspecting customer :p MU HA HA AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:D

I did that craziness once at best buy. Never again. It was crowded I got shoved so many times that at the end of it I would rather pay full price than wait 4 hours for check out, let alone the 3 hours in line outside. There was actually a fight in the store over a few items. All I could think of was how stupid the whole thing was. People acted like Jackals on crack cocaine.

If you are really set on going and getting one of these lap tops you better take a buddy with you so you guys can take turns holding your place in line for bathroom breaks. A lot of fights broke out over people leaving for hours then coming back thinking they could just get back in line where they were.

This is the laptop. Each store is only going to have at the most 10 of them so I'm going to be there way before midnight to try to be first in line. I am going to bring a coat because there is a chance of snow (stupid lakes). One of my friends is going to come with me just to be there so i won't have to worry about the spot in line. This will be one of the shorter times Iv camped out overnight...

360=30Hrs
Wii=50
Zune=20
Halo=25
and there are more but those are the most recent.
So the wait of a couple hours will be nothing compared to some of those. I have never had do deal with fights because all of those times we where all there for the same thing, but circuit city might be a little more interesting though... ;)

EDIT: Where at in Ohio do you live? because I'm friends with the people work at gamestop and I would be able to find out when they will get them in, or do get them in and tell you before the public knows about it... PM me if ya want.

-Matt

Oh ya I just remembered one of the other odd things about that black Friday. There were 3 deferent groups of protesters outside of the best buy that night. One group was some weird anti violence in video games group. Another was a peace in the middle east group and I forget what the last one was. IT really was a three ring circus without any lion trainers around. LOL good luck, me I am going to stay home and watch TV. Hey don't sweat the weather, I get that lake effect junk all the time ;)

Spartan 161 said:
Oh ya I just remembered one of the other odd things about that black Friday. There were 3 deferent groups of protesters outside of the best buy that night. One group was some weird anti violence in video games group. Another was a peace in the middle east group and I forget what the last one was. IT really was a three ring circus without any lion trainers around. LOL good luck, me I am going to stay home and watch TV. Hey don't sweat the weather, I get that lake effect junk all the time ;)
This might be more of an adventure than I had thought.... Should I bring my "Guns don't kill people, kids who play violent video games kill people" t-shirt or the classic "I support the war and HATE hippies"...hmmmmmm so many decisions and so little time. :p

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I would say any T shirt that states an opinion these days could get you into trouble with a group of people when tempers flare. Just watch your six. Any place that has deals like 300 for a lap top is bound to attract a lot of people. A buddy who went with me to best buy wheeled and dealed like a crook. He bought some things just to resell them at a higher price to people who really wanted them. that's how he got his X mas money to buy presents that year.

I'm sticking to online sales. For me, not only would the stores be a nightmare but the border crossing would be too. Yeesh!

Wouldn't it be ironic if burglars took this opportunity to rob houses while people were out sale-hopping?

The deal i got on my ps3 beats any ps3 black friday deal anyday. 40gig + game + controller = $393 after tax.

I might be looking for a ipod touch if I can find one, other wise I'll just wait for the ipod touch 2 to come out, that will make the current touch 50 dollars less.

AoBfrost said:
The deal i got on my ps3 beats any ps3 black friday deal anyday. 40gig + game + controller = $393 after tax.

I might be looking for a ipod touch if I can find one, other wise I'll just wait for the ipod touch 2 to come out, that will make the current touch 50 dollars less.
There is a 20% off cupon at walmart that you can use with the PS3 plus you get 15 free blu-ray dvds. If you subtract the prive of the dvds and the 20% your only spending like $150 for a new PS3.

-Matt

I got 20 percent off my ps3 without coupon, then I used a coupon for 50 dollars off.

Plus I dont need blue ray movies, once I see a movie, usually I dont rewatch it unless it's that good...like star wars.

SH_Jack said:
I'm sticking to online sales. For me, not only would the stores be a nightmare but the border crossing would be too. Yeesh!

Wouldn't it be ironic if burglars took this opportunity to rob houses while people were out sale-hopping?

plus you're a LOT more likely to find like you're looking for online; stores often have low stock on all the good stuff

can ya'll explain this black friday to me please its been 5 years since i've celebrated thanksgiving in Us and never heard of this black friday can yall please explain this to me?

black friday is like the halo 3 launch, but without mjolnir armor, killing from ARs and teabagging in the parking lot

Zaso117 said:
black friday is like the halo 3 launch, but without mjolnir armor, killing from ARs and teabagging in the parking lot
Well im not so sure of that some people can get kinda crazy and start teabagging people in the parking lot... :cautious:

-Matt

Spartan 110 said:
can ya'll explain this black friday to me please its been 5 years since i've celebrated thanksgiving in Us and never heard of this black friday can yall please explain this to me?
Black Friday used to be a retailer's 'insider term' for the day after Thanksgiving which is generally the biggest shopping day of the year (at least that's what they hope it is) so if the has a good day and sell loads of stuff they hope that will help put them 'in the black' for the holiday season. Red ink is something they don't like to see on the balance sheet.

Jarhead said:
Black Friday used to be a retailer's 'insider term' for the day after Thanksgiving which is generally the biggest shopping day of the year (at least that's what they hope it is) so if the has a good day and sell loads of stuff they hope that will help put them 'in the black' for the holiday season. Red ink is something they don't like to see on the balance sheet.
Yeah that describes it, but sometimes people tend to get a little.......out of hand. ;)

-Matt

I'm trying to get a wii game for 20 dollars at best buy, all wii games 10 per title per store are 20 dollars.

Today I asked my mom if she wanted to go because she went shopping on black Friday last year and she was like "NEVER AGAIN" she told me she had trouble getting through the crowds and she had trouble getting through the crowds just to get out of the store and to the parking lot :p :p :p And she told me she got shoved so many times she fell on the ground and scraped her hands and bruised her shin :( :( :( Well when I find the punk who knocked over my mom OHH IM GONNA..... :confused: and some of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back