Props Br55 Full Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that is so impossibly cool! When I first looked at that picture with the scale, I thought it said 78 pounds, I immediately thought its made of what, lead? but 7.8 isn't really bad, I shoot competitively with an AR-15 rifle and it weighs 13.5 pounds. thats totally unloaded. AND I shoot standing with it! I wish I could shoot with a 7.8 pound rifle, that would be sweet.

crap thats cool, I wanna get me wanna those, we have a metal working company right here in town! sweetness.

-Chupa

Chupathingy said:
Wow, that is so impossibly cool! When I first looked at that picture with the scale, I thought it said 78 pounds, I immediately thought its made of what, lead? but 7.8 isn't really bad, I shoot competitively with an AR-15 rifle and it weighs 13.5 pounds. thats totally unloaded. AND I shoot standing with it! I wish I could shoot with a 7.8 pound rifle, that would be sweet.

crap thats cool, I wanna get me wanna those, we have a metal working company right here in town! sweetness.

-Chupa

Those on scale - kilos, not pounds :)
7.8 KG = 17.196 pounds, HAHA!!!
And thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me to it Bevbor! That is an awesome BR you have there. I'll be looking for the AR when you get it done. It should come in handy as will the files for the BR.

Looks like the race is on on making the best BR out there. ;)

Good luck, Bev. I know your final product is gonna be better than mine. xD

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Looks like the race is on on making the best BR out there. ;)

Good luck, Bev. I know your final product is gonna be better than mine. xD

You losing hope absolutely without reason. :)

bevbor said:
Those on scale - kilos, not pounds :)
7.8 KG = 17.196 pounds, HAHA!!!
And thanks :)

To quote Red Vs. Blue, please just replace Celsius with Kilos:

Church- it is currently.....26 degrees by the way.
Tucker- WHAT?!?! its not 26 degrees, thats freezing!
Church- celsius.....tucker......
Tucker- oh.....dude celsius sucks.

lol, sorry bout that. wow, you can laser cut shiny reflective aluminum like that? sounds pretty dangerous. laser cutters are so cool to watch.

-Chupa

EDIT: ooo! not shiny aluminum, shiny decopirt.....or something like that. my spelling sux.

bevbor said:
You losing hope absolutely without reason. :)

It's like you're a better athlete than I am, but that does not mean I'm giving up without a fight. ;)

See you at the finish line. ;D

Chupathingy said:
To quote Red Vs. Blue, please just replace Celsius with Kilos:

Church- it is currently.....26 degrees by the way.
Tucker- WHAT?!?! its not 26 degrees, thats freezing!
Church- celsius.....tucker......
Tucker- oh.....dude celsius sucks.
lol, sorry bout that. wow, you can laser cut shiny reflective aluminum like that? sounds pretty dangerous. laser cutters are so cool to watch.

-Chupa
EDIT: ooo! not shiny aluminum, shiny decopirt.....or something like that. my spelling sux.
Haha, it's so friggin funny!
And material - this is steel, I tried to saw it with file and dremel - FAIL!

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
It's like you're a better athlete than I am, but that does not mean I'm giving up without a fight. ;)

See you at the finish line. ;D
We shall see ;}

Chupathingy said:
wow, totally didnt think you could laser cut steel. I love modernizationfullness. :)

-Chupa

Haha, do you think that I'm tried to saw steel, failed, and then decided to cut it on laser?
Haha.
When I sent my drawings to cutters (50 km from our main office) I wrote that all is important to me - is the FORM! And material absolutely indifferent! Cardboard, plastic, MDF, wood, anything! Decision of using steel was engineer's in that workshop, not mine! :)

bevbor said:
Haha, do you think that I'm tried to saw steel, failed, and then decided to cut it on laser?
Haha.
When I sent my drawings to cutters (50 km from our main office) I wrote that all is important to me - is the FORM! And material absolutely indifferent! Cardboard, plastic, MDF, wood, anything! Decision of using steel was engineer's in that workshop, not mine! :)

Looks like they went with steel, just so you have to spend more money on it. ;D

Greedy cutters...

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Looks like they went with steel, just so you have to spend more money on it. ;D

Greedy cutters...
Yes, I'm still shivering, cause I'm still not received any count bill :)
Mabey they're forgot about me? :)
Part of it I know already - material used costs about $22. Twenty two. Not so many.
But remains unclear cost of 12 minutes of machine job and operator's job.
Uh oh.

bevbor said:
Haha.

EYE R SMART! EYE R!

Yeah, the material cost is the cheap part. The steel is a LOT cheaper than aluminum, and cheaper if its worked into the margins of a cutting pattern for another job. The real cost is the time for the machine operator and the layout tech.

I got a quote from the link in the US that you posted. The file you posted cut in 3mm black ABS is $243.00 + $24.00 S&H. If you have that kind of money lying around, good for you. However, when all of the school books you need for the year cost $1000.00 +, and you have a Harley in the shop, then you might consider putting the project on the back burner. However, it's a bit too late for you! :p

Can't wait to see how this turns out. It looks wicked.

OMG- that is amazing- I cant believe that- May I have permissiong to get one myself- I want to gut it and make it shoot paintballs.

Ill have to destroy my Imagine but it would so be worth it.

i kinda think that you went the wrong way on building a metal BR, would have been alot better to be CNC not layered like that

not trying to rain on your parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back