Brute Spiker Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trigger will be a seperate piece. I am working on it now. I will get pics with it in place. It will allow you to place it in a comfortable position and also put a spring in there for realistic trigger movement if you like as well as a small micro switch to activate lights. If you are handy with those type of things, otherwise you can just drill the hole and glue it on.

smick6 said:
The trigger will be a seperate piece. I am working on it now. I will get pics with it in place. It will allow you to place it in a comfortable position and also put a spring in there for realistic trigger movement if you like as well as a small micro switch to activate lights. If you are handy with those type of things, otherwise you can just drill the hole and glue it on.

Nice. Planning on adding a sound board as well? Removable clip, maybe both only on your personal cast? Or just the trigger for now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics with the trigger (not finished) put in place as well as testing some faux leather pieces for the grip and guard. I am going to do some more searching for different real leathers as well, plus it will need to be stressed and aged looking. I dont plan on making the clip removable but it would be possible to do if someone wanted to mod there own I guess. It is solid cast so it would be alot of work. I was thinking about a sound board option as well as a vibrating motor because I think there is room in the battery area for it but I have not done any work on that, maybe in the future. All of those things are good ideas and possible but most people wont want to spend the amount of money it would cost for me to put it in there.

Friendly said:
Guess who's jealous?

Me!!!!!!!! :p you are putting alot of detail into this project which is resulting into total envy and jealousy, In a good way!

I totally appreciate all the great feedback you guys are giving me on this project. It helps motivate me to finish it. I wish I started a time log for this project, just to see the amount it has been. This is by far the longest I have taken to finish a project, but it is also my favorite. All this started from a few mdf panels. Thanks again.

And that shows that with talent and a bit of help form other forum members you can do great thing...remember that kid's..

Smick its looks great! and I'm in love with those beauties, and the paintjob is fantastic. There only one thing that i would change, i would roughen up the leather. The gun looks like its been to a couple of battles, but the leather looks brand new.
I would give them a little color bath ;)

Ya the faux leather is brand new. I aged and weathered the leather on the first one I did. I cut it to size and soaked it in paint, water and stain and scratched it up before and after the bath, it works well.I just threw it on for the pics. I just found some real aged leather to order online and it looks awesome, so I will be doing that now. Thanks.

smick6 said:
Ya the faux leather is brand new. I aged and weathered the leather on the first one I did. I cut it to size and soaked it in paint, water and stain and scratched it up before and after the bath, it works well.I just threw it on for the pics. I just found some real aged leather to order online and it looks awesome, so I will be doing that now. Thanks.

epic realism ftw. You're one of the BlueRealms of Weapon props.

Friendly said:
Guess who's jealous?
ME :D , some of us are going to have to go over there with our suits and shoot him with water guns j/k :p

Thanks everyone again for the help and comments. The real leather should be here by the weekend so I will post pics with that installed. Plus I will have a finished trigger installed also.
See the classified section for my sale.

Here are some pics of my finished Spiker. I installed the trigger and the leather around the grip and guard. I really like this leather its a great color combo and it looks somewhat used even though I didnt do anything to it. A more weathered look would be real easy, and it can be wrapped around the handle any way you want it. I like it wrapped with some of the frame under it exposed but it could be totaly covered if someone likes. Thank you everyone for your interest and help in this project. If you PM'ed me with a question and I didnt get bact to you please send me a new one, its been hard keeping track of everything. I am not a very good photographer so forgive some of the crappy pic.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Only the best freakin Covenant weapon Ive ever seen.... WETA aint got nothin on you *snaps fingers with an attitude*

I could've sworn he ripped a model from a game and superimposed it on that stand in photoshop... You're truly the BlueRealm of weapon props. Congrats! You gets a cookie. i'll mail it to you. lol

Screw cookies, you get a medal!

Perfection.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back