Builds By Baz - Full scale MKII Colonial Viper

4 September 2018 progress.

This part has been dangerous! Trying to prop the engines in position alone, against the side of the Viper to check for fit. The modules aren't that heavy for a one person lift, but they are EXTREMELY cumbersome. Mainly because they haven't got a hard shell on them yet, so I can't grab and lift from convenient edges.

Now they are in position, I can plan and weld on the attachment struts from frame to frame, using engineering geometries to strengthen it for support.

KAQtiVD.jpg

muGCf0P.jpg

L8ld5SY.jpg

luKxC5V.jpg

eeXhZCT.jpg

0W8nAVr.jpg

ow3EsqA.jpg

Today was my one day in a fortnight to spend entirely on the Viper. I got a lot done. The second engine nacelle, (starboard) is now fitted and welded to the frame. It is still modular and breaks in half along it's length then slides off two mounting posts welded into the central fuselage.

iY9qzxU.jpg

YLsyTeH.jpg

E3KCr86.jpg

hRzWxdD.jpg

Once it got dark I got into rerouting all the power to a panel on the starboard side between the skin of the aircraft and the interior wall. It's a bit messy at the moment, but it all works so now I can tidy it all up.

Lcr3CMd.jpg

hN8jrW0.jpg

Not sure how durable vinyl is, but have you considered laminating the labels so they last even longer?

Today I ended up buying a $99 digital photo frame. From Andrew creating the file, to David editing it’s settings, James tweaking the format as well, we got this little moving display to play. I had to make a decision about the size, as it is a little bigger than the show’s prop, but I am pretty happy with it overall. I cut the hole bigger and have done without the buttons along the bottom of the screen.

7V0hQHH.jpg

k0jFKqV.jpg

6ObjgzX.jpg

This is awesome. What would your best advice be for someone who is easliy carried away by grand ideas but has trouble sticking to the long haul of actually building something like this? That is if there is any other advice you can give besides the development of hard work and patience, (and love of the subject matter) assuming there is no secret. :D

This is awesome. What would your best advice be for someone who is easliy carried away by grand ideas but has trouble sticking to the long haul of actually building something like this? That is if there is any other advice you can give besides the development of hard work and patience, (and love of the subject matter) assuming there is no secret. :D

Commit.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.:) There's a distinction between hard work and commitment. I had to think about that a minute before I realized that.(y)

It's like when you think about the devil doing his utmost to destroy you, everything you love and every plan you have. That's his mission. My mission is to say, you know what shithead? I have much better and stronger people on my side, you are not welcome and you will not succeed in destroying my dreams. Now F off ol' devil.

Whether you commit to a marriage, your offspring, a career or a major project, you have to accept that everything will try to come against it and thwart your plans. Puff up your chest, make fists, strike an attitude and grit your teeth. Face the raging wind head on and push through it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back