California Halo Costuming Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got back from the Halo 3 ODST tour stop at Pasadena and man was it a blast. I posted everything in the ODST tour thread here

I saw the pics dude, they were sweet.

Who says armor can't atract the ladies, lol.

-Pony

Awesome pics Spartan-270. Looks like you had a bit larger turnout than what we had in the bay area. =P

I'll update the first post tomorrow hopefully. I've been really busy getting my sister's stuff ready for PAX...seems her suit's going to be similar in quality to what I had for AX...oh well. Should still look good.

ODST tour has gone and left California. Next step is the actual launch! Who's going to have complete costumes by Sep22? :) And anyone planning on going to any midnight releases?

I got a card from a gamestop district manager to call in a bit and see if they want to do anything with having ODST costumes to promote the game. I may put on a suit for that, otherwise I think I'll just go pick up the game in regular clothes so I can get home and play it sooner. :) I'm not brining a car down with me to San Diego when I go there for school, so I'm going to have to walk to the local gamestop.

Next step is the actual launch! Who's going to have complete costumes by Sep22? :) And anyone planning on going to any midnight releases?

Sadly I won't be able to have a complete suit by then, but deffinately look out for pics when Halo: Reach comes.

This long haired ODST will go out with a bang!!

Not to be going off topic, but have you guys read the little story i'm writing? Just want to see if its up to par. I kinda suck at the grammer, so yeah.

-Pony

I definately will be done by the 22nd. The other guys, well, if they put some serious hours into their costumes.. maybe. but definately early october.

i'm finishing up the resining tomorrow. just hip plates and an srs99c.. i'm almost there. still waiting for a reply from link4044...visors are just

a message away. pics of the armor soon. finished helmet; a little bit longer than soon. but soon enough.

I will be going to another Gamestop, other than the one i reserved my copy at. its only because one of our tech guys is working there, and they expect an

okay turnout for the midnight release.

if you have any information on the bigger midnight releases, dan, i sure would like to know.. argh! i'm so excited for all of this!

EDIT (09-04-2009): I've finished my suit, strapping and pics are going to be finished today or tonight.

I'm trying to contact Link4044 about the visors, but I might have to find an alternative. but no worries there.

Sounds like this california reg is gonna be a very fun and unique thing. I just wanted to give you guys a shout-out. I'm almost done with my odst (as far as pepping), and all I have to do left is the shins, and hip plates! I also made the halo 3 odst smg, which was absolutely amazing! I'm actually building and selling some to my cousin(sparky44) and to some of his friends. so yeah. :) I do plan on going to the next comic-con, hopefully if all works out, we all go as a group!!!

Okay, it's been a while since I've updated. The Gamestop Tour has passed California, and PAX has ended. Check out the link to the Tour thread below, and some images from PAX are in my WIP thread, linked in my signature.

Currently coming up, besides the obvious ODST release, is a Child's Play charity auction. Those of you interested, please look at the event information located in the original post.

Also check out pictures from the ODST Gamestop tour, linked in the OP, and pictures from PAX, linked in my WIP thread in my signature.

Let's welcome Roodkill, from Santee, CA. You may remember seeing his team in the ComicCon footage available on XBox Live.

PS My sister and I are on XBox insider, in the PAX Community segment. :) Well, my sister is. You can see me in the background with my head cut off.

My current priorities is a move down to SoCal (followed by a drive up to the bay area for Marine drill, and a flight back down to socal...fun) and getting helmet's ready for the Child's Play Charity. Again, this is a huge opportunity for community involvement, and some big names have already contributed items, including Todd McFarlane, Shinji Aramaki, Joseph Staten and the rest of the folks at Bungie, Microsoft/343 studios, and Eric Nylund, to name a few. I will personally be donating one, and possibly a second helmet.

Well hello guys!

I'm Roodkill, gamer tag the same as the profile name.

I'm currently working on the V2 ODST armor, similar to what

you see in the "We are ODST" video. I've got a new set of

good ODST helmets made, and have a group of now about

6 other ODST's to represent here on the 405th.

Seeing as how this looks good and organized, I am happy to follow some

orders! I am looking at organizing (at some point) a group who's

willing to meet for a short fan trailer (about 5 mins long) About ODSTs

and the flood. Leave the last part to me. ;)

The next event I know I'll be at is the midnight launch of Halo 3: ODST.

If we all want to meet, let's talk some times!

Cal eh? (see, not everyone's from Texas...) :) Hell yea!

Wow this seems really exciting :)

Name: Preecha "Church or Pocky" Pinsook

Location: Currently living in LA but soon moving back to La Jolla

WIP Costumes: I am now in the planning stages of my Halo 3 ODST cosplay hope to finish it by the time of Fanime 2010 :)

About me: I don't really know what to say about myself hehe lol XD

I didn't know this thing existed. Count me in :D

Name:

I go by Ryan or SoullessSin. Either one :D

Stanton Ca

XBox Live Gamertag:

SoullessSin

Completed Costumes:

Have none so far but will complete by Middle of October

WIP Costumes:

Mark VI

Finishing up Mark VI Armor.

Helmet Finished

Torso - Finished?

Biceps - (Right) Glassed and bondo

(Left) Not Pepped

Forearms - Detailing

Handplates - Pepped

Thighs - (Right) Glassed

(Left) Resined

Shins - Sanding

Boots - (Right) Sanding

(Left) Sanding

Cod - Sanding

Photo0102.jpg

About me:

What got me into the 405th is googling out of boredom

Now look at me :D

I am 17 years old and waiting to graduate out of High School

I hope to attend events placed in the So. Cal area

I don't know what else to say but this is pretty awesome :D

Welcome aboard you guys! Great suits, and great to see more people getting involved.

Count me in

Name: Val

Location: Currently in Simi Valley, grew up in Victorville though and actually share mutual friends from highschool with Enrisan.

XBox Live Gamertag: TehGodDamBatman Currently playing UFC 2009, also have Fable 2, Halo 3 and BF:BC.

WIP Costumes: Almost all of my Pep work for my Halo 3: ODST is done, with nearly half of it resined. Also working on a MK6 set, still unsure of my paint choices, and aiming to do a regular H3 Marine afterwards.

About me: I'm currently 20 years old, already have a wife and kid. Found the 405th by chance and have stuck with ever since, prior costume knowledge is just basic sewing for an old trashed up now Dark Jedi costume, as well as a dusty unfinished custom Mandalorian. Currently working part time at the Macys here in Simi with a goal to join either the Simi PD or LAPD next year.

hey, completely forgot to post completed suit pics yesterday. I went down to the gamestop that our tech guy works at,

and i got pictures with the guys there and guests. i did not bring a camera (hows that for planning ahead), but i will find the pics when i get

tagged in them on myspace or wherever. but i do have pics that i took right after i got back.

Sweet armor, and I like that sniper rifle. Did you go for the midnight release? Or was this just at some random time of day?

MrOreo123 said:
Sweet armor, and I like that sniper rifle. Did you go for the midnight release? Or was this just at some random time of day?

yep, midnight release. i plugged the 405th whenever i could, and told everyone how fun and easy it is.

hopefully we'll have some new california recruits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, news on Road Trip, and a pic from the midnight release at the gamestop i went to.

pic first:

l_5b4b23f4efcd4fbfae54ae7b8ce1b523.jpg

One employee and myself right before everyone came in. Had about 40 people total. hopefully more pics will be found online..

but on to Road Trip. filming starts in about 5 weeks, with pick ups and effects shortly thereafter. adam's ONI Section III Concept armor is

almost fully complete, and he'll post pics as soon as we have all his props done. after that, its one ODST away from completion,

and that will be fasttracked by all of us here as soon as we get crackin' on Sal's main armor pieces. have a little suprise when we get this

up on youtube, something that will hopefully legitimize our comedy as more than just a small fanfilm...but it does have to do with our sfx..

my armor is fully complete, despite the pics without my boot covers, and i promise more progress pics are coming along. our soundtrack will be

rather spartan (no pun intended), as we will probably only use some background music to accent scenes. definately a documentary format. but,

hopefully entertaining...more like a single camera sitcom like scrubs. hope that whets some appetites for progress here. can't wait to see other

Californian Spartans and ODSTs.

Looking forward to seeing your films! I went to film school at Boston University and briefly worked as a grip/electric/AC afterward. Hit me up if you ever need advice or help.

damn, I've been gone awhile. Sorry. But hey, I'm back (again) and this time I'll check in often. Good news, I have 7 sets of ODST armor. Yes, 7.

and I have pictures that I'll take of us later this weekend. More so, I have a big surprise I've been working on that's now done. A working, Nerf turret. I'll show later.... now bad news, several things like to come in short waves that hit you hard, sometimes indirectly and others right in your face. I'm doing much better and I'm glad I haven't caught swine flu...yet. It's widespread except MA, and Vermont. So be happy, don't worry, and Hello, 405th.

Roodkill-

p.s, human flood costume is 60% finished.

Pics or it didn't happen. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Welcome back. Wow, 7 ODSTs? Are they all made from pep? Or were some of them purchased from the guys molding them? Either way, impressive hoard. Can't wait to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back