Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

californiacompanyasig.jpg
californiacompanycsig.jpg

Current News:

June 7, 2010

Join our Facebook page to keep updated!

Everything else here is a bit outdated I'm afraid.

==============

MrOreo123 has set up a 405th Map so everyone can quickly reference where people live. If you can, please put in your city/zip code info! Not your full address though. No matter how many times you send it to me, I told you, I'm not mailing you a cookie. Stop asking.

MrOreo's 405th Map

For those of your who are as slow as I am and can't quite figure it out right away, you hit edit, then on the top left corner of the map are three buttons. The middle reverse-teardrop shape lets you place down a new marker.

I'm reposting this from Kensai since I think it sums up good current goals for us:

there are plenty of things to do to improve the overall quality of the site and get this train moving forward.

1. Make quality armor, props, and help around the community both local and online. (Quality props attract the eyes of Bungie, Halo celebrities, and new members and work towards more fully suited members)

2. Consult with the 405th Source about donating time to do professional video tutorials, create artwork, write articles, and help maintain a professional, friendly and positive face for the 405th (VERY IMPORTANT! Provides reputation, new members, attracts important eyes like Bungie and Halo celebrities which is important if we want their approval to be an official group)

3. Attend conventions, public events and charities promoting the 405th name (Provides us with good reputation and more members)

So while it may not feel like it, each day is a step forward. There are things you can do to help make it go a little faster though

So what does that mean for you guys?

1. Work on your props. It's slow, tough, and expensive. It's easy to get discouraged. But keep at it! With a little dedication, you can put something simple together. Then build on from there. Share anything new you make or work on.

2. I think this is just as important. I feel that while the tutorials at the 405th are wonderful and extremely helpful, some of them have fallen out of date and can be touched up, even if it's just updated links or consolidating frequently asked questions so they're answered on the front page. One prime example is the fiberglassing tutorial, which while helpful, requires a lot of sifting for a completely new member. I will try and work on this myself, but right now, like most of us my priority is on finishing my costume, so I have experience to share. Even articles would be great. Do you have experience with your school paper? Looking at the video link to Dave/Ithica's Hayabusa suit, I think it would be great if there were an interview to find o-you know what, I think I'll shoot UNSC_Leatherneck a PM. :)

3. The more costumes and additional we made from steps 1 & 2, the more we'll have to show off at conventions and events.

So, to answer Pony's question on what we should be doing now, there's a basic guideline for things to work on. :)

Things to do:

• Sign up! We're trying to get organized, so let's get some organized info from everyone. Apoligies to those who've already posted in the last thread.
  • Prepare to Drop! Let's organize some sort of co-op night for ODST's release. Or at least everyone post a picture of yourself in a Halo suit (or a hat of some sort) with your copy of the game for posterity.
  • Comic Con - Registration hasn't opened yet, and it's still a long ways away, but this means there's plenty of time to get costumes ready. This will probably be the first actually organized group event. Plenty of time to plan it out.

======

Southern California Halo Costuming Group

Alpha Co, 1st Battalion, 77th Marines, 405th Infantry Division, UNSC

Northern California Halo Costuming Group

Charlie Co, 1st Battalion, 77th Marines, 405th Infantry Division, UNSC

Disclaimer: This is not a "garrison"-type subunit of the 405th. Reason? The 405th does not exist as far as membership is concerned. It only exists in the boards. Once the founders of the 405th get the time to organize things up top, we'll see about working to be accepted under whatever charter they have. That time will come. But for now, understand that we are not affiliated, run by, or sanctioned by the staff of the 405th.

Purpose:

The purpose of having a single thread/group of people in the various geographical regions of California is so that we will have an easily accesible point to locate those located somewhat near to us. This will allow us to better organize gatherings, events, and network. We can also gripe about state taxes and imitate our governer.

Concepts:

• Costuming - Arrange gettogethers to provide opportunities to show off creations, swap tips, share molds, and socialize.

Allow for simplified trading of spare prop pieces by exchanging locally instead of having to mail objects.
  • Convention Organization - Arrange carpools, hotel room sharing, and at-con events such as masquerade entries, panels, etc.
  • Networking - Organize game dates, LAN parties, BBQs, etc.

Draw upon the various skills of members in order to improve everyone's overall prop building.
  • Charities - Give back to the community or just to other people by organizing fundraisers (Images of a Master Chief car wash sprung to my mind. I'm sharing this with you so that the image of master chief washing cars will get as embedded in your mind as it currently is in mine) or participating in the 405th Member of the Month program.

Upcoming Events:

[*]Halo: ODST on Tour (Aug 26-29, 2009) - Completed! Check out my suit and Spartan 270's in this thread. Halo ODST Tour

3869827048_52ac3ab3e6.jpg

[/list]

Members:

If you're interested in being part of this group, please fill out this form as best you can.

There are currently not requirements other than being in the state of California and working on a Halo-themed costume.

Name: What name do you go by outside the 405th? This doesn't need to be your full name, just a way so we don't have to refer to you as "SuperSpartan111!" every time.

XBox Live Gamertag: Because everyone wants to play some haloz.

Completed Costumes: Post a pic and info on costumes completed to a wearable state, props, or any molds you have available.

WIP Costumes: Costumes you have planned or in an unfinished state.

About me: Write a little about yourself, any special skills you have, what got you into Halo costuming, etc.

======

Member List:

Locations temporarily listed for reference purposes

Also you, can update your location here.

A Co.

• Trooper0621 - Fremont/La Jolla
  • Drgnfyre4 - San Bernadino
  • Bigolaf - Anaheim
  • MC Hammertime - Los Angeles
  • Enrisan - Socal
  • animemannn - solana beach
  • SpArtan-27 - Southern California
  • MrOrea123 - Long Beach
  • EvilDorito - Quartz Hill
  • Clockwork_Creep - SoCal, near Anaheim
  • Roodkill & Co - Santee, CA
  • krazyazntrekkie - La Jolla, CA
  • SoullessSin - Stanton, CA
  • Val - Simi Valley, CA
  • Alex Spartan177 - San Diego, CA
  • J117 - San Diego,CA
  • UNSC Anubis 117 - Lake Elsinore, CA
  • Rock - Moreno Valley, CA
  • Arcanin - Long Beach, CA
  • rvalera11 - Baldwin Park, CA

C Co

• ACDCrockr209 - Winton
  • Bobo The PandaX - NorCal, Near San Francisco
  • Tsabo Tsaboc - Near San Mateo
  • Amp - Bay Area

Awaiting Response:

• MorpenJar
  • Misterchief - LA
  • Humboldt_spartan - Eureka
  • Rougewarrior - Sunnyvale
  • Bopx - Somewhere in CA
  • ContractKiller - Alhambra, CA

======

Name: Dan

Location: Fremont, CA. Moving to UCSD in La Jolla, CA next month.

XBox Live Gamertag: Yuan0621

Completed Costumes:
  • ODST - Worn to AX, ODST Gamestop tour, and PAX. Visor from Link. New chestplate from Savvytank!
  • DARE - Worn by my sister at PAX. Helmet by Ithica

3889398452_f3f812b6f2.jpg

ODST WIP Thread

Name: animemannn (forum and a lot of other shtuff) just call me James or Kaleb.

XBox Live Gamertag: animemannn

Completed Costumes: E.O.D HELM.
DSCF6899-1.jpg

WIP Costumes: RECON HELM.
DSCF6880.jpg
|| ODST ARMOR
untitleddsfagwdreast.jpg
|| SCOUT ARMOR
scout.jpg
newscout.jpg
(helm shoulder plates, cheast plate)

About me: well I work on armor a lot but i seem to get soo little done...i love halo ever sence it was relesed.

I currently play on a 360, iam a artist, i can use photo shop very very VERY well. and also illastrator. Iam good with tec. and i love techno music. and house music too!

Name: RJ, or "Sarge" (i didn't come up with the nickname, my friends called me it due to my name sounding like "arj-ay"..

and the fact that i yell at them like a noncom)

XBox Live Gamertag: None...yet.

Completed Costumes: none (see WIP Below)

WIP Costumes:
  • Halo: Landfall ODST (pics in my gallery)
  • Halo 3 Marine
  • Mark IV Mjolnir Helmet

About me: I came across the 405th while searching for Halo IRIS info before halo 3 came out, but didn't join

until i wanted to create my own armor. Now my friends and i are working on a small halo fanfilm, a comedy called "ODST: Road Trip".

I work at a music venue, play guitar, and sing in a small group. I'm waiting for ComicCon 2010 registration to open up, and will

be going all four days (providence willing). I'm going to be attending the midnight release of Halo 3: ODST at my local Gamestop,

in costume. I just have to finish my visor and srs99c.

Also, I will be asking my friends to wait for registration to open up here on the boards, then they will be joining up...but,

for the time being, they will be members in spirit, if not actually.

I'm totally jazzed that most of us are ODSTs. If we do manage to get more than one episode of "Road Trip" created, perhaps a

Company-wide fanfilm could be created. (We can easily get crew and actors anywhere in state, provided enough time is given to prepare).

do we ( that means socal) have a face book group?

I could make one. and give admins to the important people such as trooper and Dan and RJ. (just a idea)

animemannn said:
do we ( that means socal) have a face book group?

I could make one. and give admins to the important people such as trooper and Dan and RJ. (just a idea)

If anyone's a leader or admin in this group, its Dan. I think he should be our Commanding Officer Pro Temp,

until we can hold an election. Though, I'd love to be A Company's Acting Second Officer, temporarily of course.

So, any administrative duties could be delegated to Dan, if he would like.

Or, you could manage the facebook group. I'm a little facebook inept.

Last edited by a moderator:
well iam good at the facebook. so yaa. i could kinda run that. and have you guys as admis just becuse your really big in all this. If i could help out to that would be cool. Iam trying to get more frendly with the 405th members i dont know about. so yaa...i was just asking if i could make a group. but Dan has the finnal word I would gess?

Facebook group is up. The RSVP/Event functions are pretty nice.

I'll do my best to keep up to date on FB and copy over anything pertinent to this page.

As far as 'officers' go, I'm not too worried about anything like that until we actually have some sort of duties/tasks/reason to have them. For now, I'll focus on making sure that first page is up to date with anything we have. Everyone else...just keep working on your costumes and point anyone you know in the area who's into Halo costuming to this thread. :)

Also updated RJ's short films into list of possible future event ideas.

Name: Benji or Ben, but my friends call me Benji

XBox Live Gamertag: none yet

Completed Costumes: I wish

WIP Costumes: Mk Vi (backburner), ROMEO!! (ill post pics later, when i have more progress.)

About me: I was surfing around instructables, and eventually through much clicking and excitement, came to find the 405th. In addition to armor making, I am a roller coaster enthusiast and build models of coasters as a hobby. I love to play the guitar and I am learning the bass. I have my ODST completely planned out down to the undersuit, and once i get some work done, i will post up a WIP thread for you guys. I am also busy pepping a suit for Nintendude who is paying me to do so (if you need pep, I'm here for you). Also currently working on a sliced BR and hopefully the sliced SR for my Romeo costume.

Updated the OP with some info on the Halo ODST Gamestop Tour. Post if you're planning to attend!

I'm definitely going to be at teh Union Landing stop. since it's right next door to me. Post if you're planning to attend any of the stops, in costume or not.

Name: Bryan

XBL Gamertag: MavrkHunterZerO

Completed Costumes: Halo 3 ODST ( this was a really rushed project )

gallery_1273_1405_646915.jpg

gallery_1273_1405_1352244.jpg

WIP: Mark IV Halo Wars Suit, Silenced SMG, Mark VI Spartan

gallery_1273_1336_55688.jpg

About Me: I came across the 405th a very long time ago back when it was still just the mjolnirarmor.com forum. I found this site after I saw a video about a homemade spartan costume made of cardboard. And the guy had a link to the mjolnirarmor.com forums. I joined and soon got to working on my own armors. Over the years, I've noticed heavy improvements on my scratch builds as well as my over all armor building skills. In my three years of being a member here I've learned so much and hope that I will be able to improve my skills even more.

Name: Francisco

XBox Live Gamertag: WarPony38

Completed Costumes: N/A

WIP Costumes: Halo 3: ODST ""Dutch

About me: They call me Pony cause I have seriously long hair. I play paintball and airsoft, but had to cut back on those since i'm working on my ODST. I listin to good ol' Rock N' Roll!! I'm currently learning how to play all of the songs from AC/DC's Black Icew Album. I love anything that has to do with weapons.

Feet First Into Hell!!

-Pony

Name: Hero

XBox Live Gamertag: None. Would you believe I don't have an X-Box?

Completed Costumes: No Halo ones. Finished an Iron Man Mark 1.25 (When he was still experimenting with the hand blasters), Gordon Freeman.

WIP Costumes: MJOLNIR Mark VI

About me: Discovered the 405th when I stumbled upon an Instructable pointing to a Backyard FX video featuring SKG. Right now, I'm in the process of figuring out the best way (for me) to pep and mold my MkVI armor. On a side note, I was known for my MacGyverisms back in film school for my jury-rigged setups with what little equipment we had. That said, I'm always experimenting for new ways to improve the armor-building process for those on a budget like myself.

Name: Andrew

XBox Live Gamertag: N/A....Soon to be.

Completed Costumes: N/A

WIP Costumes: Almost finished with my ODST, half way throught the MKV, and working on the EOD.

About me: Playing guitar is purhaps my favorite thing to do. Building armor had always been a dream until I stummbled upon Pepakura!! Now I'm a buildin fool. I like having nightmares (keeps me awake), shooting movies, and hangin out with my friends at school. You know the works :) And most of all....HALOOOOO!!!!!!

Heres a picture of my helm in the process.

Trooper0621 said:
Updated the OP with some info on the Halo ODST Gamestop Tour. Post if you're planning to attend!

I'm definitely going to be at teh Union Landing stop. since it's right next door to me. Post if you're planning to attend any of the stops, in costume or not.

Me and my cousins are gonna try to go to the tour in San Diago!!! Unfortunetly I dont think I'll be able to show up with my armour, unless I finish it this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK just joined up on the facebook page. My armor progress thus far has been slow at best because this is a busy time of year for me.

Name: Adam.

XBox Live Gamertag: Don't have one at the moment. Haven't been able to afford buying xBox live.

Completed Costumes: None at the moment. This will change.

WIP Costumes: ONI Section III Marine Armor, Steampunk Thug outfit, Steam Punk Doctor, Steam Punk Germanic Soldier, Diesel Punk Air Pirate Captain, Two- Face, Solomon Grundy, Fallout Raider,

About me: I got into the armoring thing because Rj, one of my best friends, told me about pep and this site. It took me a little while to get in with the registration thing, but I was finally able to make it. I don't really have any skills in costume making at the moment, but I'm good when it comes to tracking stuff down. I'm going to play one of the main characters in ODST: Road Trip, something I look forward to.

Thats all for now, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back