California Halo Costuming Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Rachael Wilkinson

XBox Live Gamertag: NA (offline play only)

Completed Costumes: N/A

WIP Costumes: N/A (I model stuff, first and foremost, but expect a change soon)

About me: Not really a lot to say. I'm a 21-year-old girl with a taste for modelling and a short temper for people with sub-par intelligence. Just got out of college, currently working as a catering assistant and taking up modelling as a hobby.

I'd really like to get up to making a set of Recon or EVA armor, but until I can get to that point... yeah, models.

I'm surprised I havn't seen this yet.

Name: Morphen Jar

XBox Live Gamertag: Morphen Jar

Completed Costumes: Completed ODST Helmet and master chief suit molds (minus hand, hip plates and helmet.)

WIP Costumes: Not much, maybe finishing that ODST suit.

About me: Ye I do alot of stuff.

Rock said:
I'd love to join this if I may.

Name: Lyle Kimble

XBox Live Gamertag: Rockthewarrior

Completed Costumes: I haven't finished anything yet...

WIP Costumes: But I am working on my Mk VI along with a Bruteshot.

About me: I saw a friend from Nor Cal working on a suit, he had pics on Facebook so I asked him a few questions and got to work. I am currently finishing up my bachelor's at CSUSB. Besides that not too much of interest.

WELCOME XD!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ryan

XBox Live Gamertag:
NextSgtRyan

Completed Costumes:
none (but almost finished with my first suit for my friend)

Costumes Currently making :
  • (3) Halo 3: ODST
  • (2) Halo 3 Marine Suits
Later: (3) Mark IV Spartan armor

About me: I found out about the 405th a couple years back, but lazy me decided not to join, until recently my friend showed me a youtube video on how to make one of these great costumes, and then thats when it all started, rallied up a couple of soldiers of mine and decided to make 5 suits!, and our goal is for the SAN DIEGO COMIC CON in 2010, later on we might be making a fan film on HALO but I don't really know about that....

but either way, I go to CSUF and I'm planning on joining the U.S. Army next year with my friend.

rvalera11 said:
Name: Ryan

XBox Live Gamertag:
NextSgtRyan

Completed Costumes:
none (but almost finished with my first suit for my friend)

Costumes Currently making :
  • (3) Halo 3: ODST
  • (2) Halo 3 Marine Suits
Later: (3) Mark IV Spartan armor

About me: I found out about the 405th a couple years back, but lazy me decided not to join, until recently my friend showed me a youtube video on how to make one of these great costumes, and then thats when it all started, rallied up a couple of soldiers of mine and decided to make 5 suits!, and our goal is for the SAN DIEGO COMIC CON in 2010, later on we might be making a fan film on HALO but I don't really know about that....

but either way, I go to CSUF and I'm planning on joining the U.S. Army next year with my friend.

Officer? or enlisted? either way, that's awesome and i wish you the best of luck, soldier. and, i can't wait to see your costumes!

ive got friday and saturday for comic con and im thinking of getting sunday so theyll let me wear my costume one more time. who else is going to be there sunday?

December 20, 2009

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been gone for a while. School has kicked my butt. Anyways, I'm going to try and keep a tad more active now.

Since we have so many socal people, I'll split the lists up to people north or south of Pendleton so it can be a little easier for people to network. I'll also get a list of people who are attending SDCC next year as it seems there's a good amount of people. I'm going to go ahead and pull the list from the forum topic on planned conventions, but feel free to note your planned attendance here as well.

I also want to add a note that the Child's Play Charity auction was a success with $2373.06 raised. $510 was thanks to 405th member SavvyTank's ODST helmet (with Link's visor and my paint job/touch up) and another $200+ was from 405th member Hale's scout helmet!

PS MorphenJar, are you located in Norcal or Socal?

whats up everyone, i havent been on as much i used too but now thaty school is out i can focus on my odst.

so far heres the update: helmet is fiberglassed & primered, chest peices fiberglasses, and the rest is need to be painted.

I got some money for my birthday and I'm gonna use some to register for the con. I love the fact that were all in this together. I think i'm gonna sign up for saterday & sunday. all of your armour look great, and i will have pictures tomorrow.

FEET FIRST INTO HELL!

Hey hey, I think it's kind of hard to find this topic every now and then. Well welcome all newbies and fellow Californians.

I wanted to say that San Diego Comic Con 2010 is selling 1 day badges at an alarming rate if anyone has forgotten about it.

REGISTER here

The Badges are all $35.00 for one day, and $20.00 for Sunday.

Anyhow, I was just letting you guys know that I'm going and wouldn't mind having a meeting up of sorts when it comes around.

It's really not too early to think about getting together, but CC is far off from now.

Let me know guys!

Hey everyone. Here's the cali residents that are planning to attend SDCC:

Rock & Rock's friend : Friday only

UNSC Anubis 117

EvilDorito

Roodkill + a bunch more

Other 405th members currently planning to attend are:

tomb-stone

Al-

Adam Anderson

Also, there's Wondercon, a bay area offshoot of Comic-Con being held in the Moscone Center of San Francisco on April 2-4 fo those of you interested.

The major conventions for the west coast that come to mind:

Wondercon (SF), Comic-Con (SD), and I think PAX (Seattle, WA) deserves mention as it's on the west coast, is centered around games (E3 for fans), and has a strong showing from Bungie, RvB, and other notable Halo people.

There's also anime-based ones for those of you who want to jump on the Halo Legends anime boat...Fanimecon in San Jose and Anime Expo down in LA are two major ones.

Be sure to note if you'll be attending any of these or if you're interested in hosting a little gettogether of sorts.

Hope everyone has had a merry christmas and happy holidays!

Roodkill said:
Hey hey, I think it's kind of hard to find this topic every now and then. Well welcome all newbies and fellow Californians.

I wanted to say that San Diego Comic Con 2010 is selling 1 day badges at an alarming rate if anyone has forgotten about it.

REGISTER here

The Badges are all $35.00 for one day, and $20.00 for Sunday.

Anyhow, I was just letting you guys know that I'm going and wouldn't mind having a meeting up of sorts when it comes around.

It's really not too early to think about getting together, but CC is far off from now.

Let me know guys!

Are the badges for any day???

The general agreement with the friends here is Thursday or Friday will be our days for going in ODST armor.

We'll be There before and after the gates close, so for those of you who are going any of those days it

won't be hard to miss us.

I think it's funny, but we all have different colors on our helmets. We look like assorted armored skittles.

I hae an Idea, can we post pictures of ourselfs here as so we can confirm that we are going, and who to look for? I'll put some images of my updated self up w/ friends later this week.

I might only be able to go on sunday??? is anyone else going on sunday? However i am gonna try and go on friday, or thursady hopefully.

EvilDorito said:
I might only be able to go on sunday??? is anyone else going on sunday? However i am gonna try and go on friday, or thursady hopefully.

I believe Erisan will be going Sunday, I myself will be there but most likely, not in costume.

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge said:
Officer? or enlisted? either way, that's awesome and i wish you the best of luck, soldier. and, i can't wait to see your costumes!

Enlisted and thanks

Trooper0621 said:
Hey everyone. Here's the cali residents that are planning to attend SDCC:

Rock & Rock's friend : Friday only

UNSC Anubis 117

EvilDorito

Roodkill + a bunch more

Other 405th members currently planning to attend are:

tomb-stone

Al-

Adam Anderson

Also, there's Wondercon, a bay area offshoot of Comic-Con being held in the Moscone Center of San Francisco on April 2-4 fo those of you interested.

The major conventions for the west coast that come to mind:

Wondercon (SF), Comic-Con (SD), and I think PAX (Seattle, WA) deserves mention as it's on the west coast, is centered around games (E3 for fans), and has a strong showing from Bungie, RvB, and other notable Halo people.

There's also anime-based ones for those of you who want to jump on the Halo Legends anime boat...Fanimecon in San Jose and Anime Expo down in LA are two major ones.

Be sure to note if you'll be attending any of these or if you're interested in hosting a little gettogether of sorts.

Hope everyone has had a merry christmas and happy holidays!

...Wait what about me??
unsure.gif

LOL Oh yeah just to let you guys know Me and 3 of my friends have bought the friday and saturday tickets for COMIC-CON a looonnnnggg time ago (may buy thursday and Sunday tickets later idk?)

Rock said:
I'll be hard to miss. I'm the Orange Spartan.

LOL Cool Can't wait to meet you sir!

Roodkill said:
nice, so there is a movie idea that will be started at least?

All I've seen are "yes, soon, possibly, I don't know, that'd be cool"

and suddently it's off the face of the earth. I've got a group of 6 who'd

be willing to offer their armor for a film, but it's a matter of location first.

Mean time, I'm still lazy and haven't taken photos of the flood costume.

(friggin' A)

but I'll make time to do so soon.

Roodkill out-

yes, the director of the movie is/was Peter Jackson, who started the movie and then stopped production to work on something 'more' important than a halo MOVIE!!!

i know all this because my uncle is/was one the director of photography that was working with Dir. Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back