Can you sit on your armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua61991

Jr Member
After you finish your armour and have 1 layer of resin and 1 layer of fibreglass on the inside of the "butt plate" along with some bondo with a 2" hardener line. After that is all said and done can you sit on your butt plate. Obviously we don't all weight the same so If someone could say their wieght along with if they can sit on theirs I would appreciate it.

I want to know if you can sit in a wooden/metal chair. sofas are kind of asinine to be asking about since you could sit on a styrofoam plate without breaking it.

I would not suggest to do so with only 1 layer of FG. You should strengthen it with another layer, but still then you shouldn't. As you might crack it somehow.

Must add many extra layers of resin and fiberglass for strength.

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

what about if you made it with cardstock, a layer or 2 of plaster, and truckbed liner? could you sit on it?

Plaster and truck bed liner = ruined armor

Dont go cheap on your a rmor or else you will just toss it away. Use resin and fiberglass if you want it to be strong enough to be sat on. Truck bed liner may look hard on trucks, but really it dries soft. Plaster itself will crack easily and it too soft.

I agree. Plaster is too brittle for that purpose. Do at least 3 layers of fiberglass, maybe even 4 just to be on the safe side.

SpartanNoob said:
i was thinking the same hmmm realy what are LAYERS? it will not break ir crack or something if i sit o a hard surface?
Darn it, you already asked that question before and people have answered it twice! Go back and read the thread where you posted your question.

Geez, I'm losing my patience with you! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
Darn it, you already asked that question before and people have answered it twice! Go back and read the thread where you posted your question.

Geez, I'm losing my patience with you! :mad:

lol i didnt asked it anytime LOL

hmm well 4 layers of resin + fibreglass cloth will be fat i think becose try to take 4 sheets of fibreglass cloth and put it one on one you will see that its fat. + the resin and if u have a high detal it will become low.

but if you make high def it will be no sense , if u make just the belt fat it will be ok, so seriously it will be fat or not? i havent try yet im still working of puting cardstock parts together. is it you in that pic? is it PEP ? and did you added any extra layer on that armor it looks good though.

Hah I was wondering about this myself. Hopefully my butt won't break the space diaper hehehe :D

sidenote: Why argue with the people who have been doing this for awhile?

*grinds teeth*

If you had read up on this subject enough you would know that it's better to fiberglass the INSIDE of your pep pieces and just put a thin coating of resin from the outside. Add many extra layers to the inside for added strength.

My armor is NOT made with pepkura, as I made it well before pepakura became commonplace for armor making.

Sean Bradley said:
*grinds teeth*

If you had read up on this subject enough you would know that it's better to fiberglass the INSIDE of your pep pieces and just put a thin coating of resin from the outside. Add many extra layers to the inside for added strength.

oh i forgot but it is hard to resin and fibreglass the inside btw how many layers do u need to put outside the armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back