Can you sit on your armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his ban message I clearly laid out offenses that would result in a permanent ban, and spamming other members was in the list.

Forward these messages to me if he's bugging any of you.

Also please don't provoke him any further by adding these insult messages to this thread.

smilie120 said:
But I thought there was software that you can download to Re-new/Change your IP?
If you're talking about software that uses "proxy's" it may be able to mask your IP. But in my experience they rarely work properly, and really its not worth it. This site has the most resources I have ever seen. I'm really glad I found it, and I hope "others" feel the same way. (By utilizing said resources)

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussion of how to easier bend the rules?

BAD IDEA

Use your heads people. I don't like banning people, but when I see people breaking the rules and talking about getting out of their ban I gotta react.

Is it that hard to play by the rules here? We're pretty lenient by most standards..

Sean Bradley said:
Discussion of how to easier bend the rules?

BAD IDEA
Use your heads people. I don't like banning people, but when I see people breaking the rules and talking about getting out of their ban I gotta react.

Is it that hard to play by the rules here? We're pretty lenient by most standards..

Good points Sean, Just reinforce the butt piece as sean told you guys and you will be fine.

And i have noticed that some people are being overly retarted like this.
They tell you that they have read all the stickies when they havent, and then when they ask something... you answer and they ask the same question 5 times again...
Get smarter people! And read DOOM'S Sticky in the NOOB section about using your brains.

-Finnish

From the 'Guidelines to a better Forum" in the noob section

5. Q: I don’t understand how to do ______, Help me!
A: The tutorials and pinned topics in the Armor Creation sections cover almost everything you need to know. Please read them thoroughly and avoid asking questions that have already been answered. The forums are becoming too cluttered with duplicate questions… use the Search Feature and help us keep this forum as a useful tool for our members.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4685

Anyone who feels oddly compelled to insult some of the nicest, helpful people deserves a conical hat in a time out corner.

LOL ill just create another acount . u can ban me / but ill still create another acc and be another person

"O, be some other name!
What's in a name? That which we call a nub
by any other name would double post as ignorantly."

smilie120 said:
And another thing, Why would you want to sit on your armour? Or did he mean "sit sown" in your armour?

It was a concern of sitting down while in the armor.
You can def do it. Just proceed slowly ;D

I'm planning on fiberglassing the "Space Diaper" as many times as I can while still having it be not to thick or heavy. That way I won't have to worry as much about breaking the "Space Diaper". :D

He means sit down on it. Meaning you will be crushing your weight onto the crotch piece. Thus 3-4 layers of fiberglass will fix that.

I think he means while you're wearing it, right? It would seem a bit strange if he meant sitting on top of it. It would almost certainly crush if you did that, even with several layers of glass.

I'm with Vex on the whole crotch less part XD I'm really thinking about working out a way to a fix the space diaper to some kind of bikinish cut bottom. To me it look slike chief has one on, at least when I gawk at the Art FX statue he does.

It probably helps to have the backside piece hinged in some way to the belt section, for more "give" when sitting down.

Mine's got at least 3/4" of resin and fiberglass on the buttplate and about 1/2" everywhere else on the 'Space Diaper" representing many, many layers. It's rock solid, and I have no doubts about sitting whenever, wherever I like.

.. although it's not the most comfortable thing ever... it can and has stood up to all kinds of abuse.

When in doubt add another layer or two.

do any of you have a suggestion, because i cannot use fiberglass (due to mean parents thinking ill die of cancer and grow a third arm if i do so) and im using plaster as an alternative. which i will spray down with a thick layer of truck bed liner, to get rid of the bumpy texture. i dont know what i should do to make my armor as strong as possible, with out resin or fiberglass. :(

I already said, plaster and truck bed liner WONT work.

Without resin or fiberglass, there is nothing keeping the weight of the plaster from warping the cardstock. Then using truck bed liner, you'll just soak it all and make it softer and mushy.

The only thing I can say is paper mache in the outside of the armor, sand to smoothen it, and apply hot glue inside.

Get a pack of hot glue sticks for 2 dollars, get a coffee or pie tin and place it over a small portable electric stove outside, paintbrush hot glue inside. It dries in 30 seconds, and makes armor thick and strong.

It's cheaper than resin and fiberglass and is PROVEN to work.

rachciav said:
do any of you have a suggestion, because i cannot use fiberglass (due to mean parents thinking ill die of cancer and grow a third arm if i do so) and im using plaster as an alternative. which i will spray down with a thick layer of truck bed liner, to get rid of the bumpy texture. i dont know what i should do to make my armor as strong as possible, with out resin or fiberglass. :(
The only things I can think of are hot glue (not to terribly strong though), and, well that's about the only thing that isn't toxic that I can think of.

Keep bugging your parents though. Try and convince them to let you use fiberglass.
Use the forum, the possibility of having to redo all your armor if you don't, and say you'll use a respirator in your argument. Don't bug them to much though. If they threaten you (such as no more Halo related things), then stop.
I've seen a few people who couldn't fiberglass at first, but finally convinced their parents to let them use it.

I doubt if you rely off your parents as the money source, they will let you spend 200 dollars for a suit of armor, if you want to start a suit, it's best you go with what is in your budget and work like heck on that.

AoBfrost said:
I doubt if you rely off your parents as the money source, they will let you spend 200 dollars for a suit of armor, if you want to start a suit, it's best you go with what is in your budget and work like heck on that.
This is true. I don't leach off my parents. I have to buy everything that I need. They do drive me to get it though :D.
If you've got money, then it might work, but if you leach off them, the good luck... Go with the hot glue.

Threats will always come back.

Most people have a temporary IP assigned by the DHCP. This means that usually every 24 Hours or 12 Hours , you will get a new IP address , unless you pay more for a static IP.

I just felt that I should share the knowlage.

No Comment about breaking any rules though.

-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back