Cardboard DMR... With some Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some Pictures of my DMR...

mikeyelderscll

I just wanted to ask what to do about the barrel and the Optics?

To me it seems quite thin...
Could you please tell me if I did something wrong or if it is all right...
Thank you for Reading!!!

You can try scratch building them, but I do remember someone modeling a DMR on the forums. Last I checked, it hasn't been unfolded yet, but you could try looking for it.

I check that out earlier...
And the Optics and Barrel aren't game accurate especially the Optics...
I haven't modeled anything before, but I know how to, So if you can find reference pictures so I could attempt the modeling, That would be very appreciated!
Thank you for your input!

um...wooden dowels, etc.
Myself, luckily or unluckily, a bar from my chair broke apart and it fits perfectly for me.

You might have to try a thicker board or some foamcore. It does look a bit thin to me.
With cardboard, as long as it's thicker than your middle finger, it's good.
Also, I believe the hollow area is where you stick the barrel. Leaving out the detail parts wasn't the best idea either. A scope would be beneficial as well. Other than that, excellent work!

With cardboard, as long as it's thicker than your middle finger, it's good.
Also, I believe the hollow area is where you stick the barrel. Leaving out the detail parts wasn't the best idea either. A scope would be beneficial as well. Other than that, excellent work!

Yes, I used Cardboard that you would find on normal boxes, where would you find this thicker Cardboard?

Hardware stores somtimes have thick, wooden poles. That should work perfectly for a scope. Also, PVC pipes can be found everywhere and many places will cut them to whatever size you need and charge you based on the length of the pipe they cut off for you. You may even be able to use an old soup can or toilet paper roll. The sight could be simply made from duct tape. The muzzle brake can be made by tightly wrapping and gluing paper around the barrel.

Hardware stores somtimes have thick, wooden poles. That should work perfectly for a scope. Also, PVC pipes can be found everywhere and many places will cut them to whatever size you need and charge you based on the length of the pipe they cut off for you. You may even be able to use an old soup can or toilet paper roll. The sight could be simply made from duct tape. The muzzle brake can be made by tightly wrapping and gluing paper around the barrel.

The muzzle break is a bit more complex than that, and I think that I'll make the scope out of Balsa, Never done anything like that but I'll try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back