Cardboard Statue -Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Jr Member
Inspired by Chris Gilmour, it's crazy what this guy has done with cardboard.

There are a lot of pics, so i'll just give the link to my photobucket.

http://s73.photobucket.com/home/I_Richie_I/index

I'm starting with the helmet, mainly because the plan is to start from the top.

I'm using Halo 3 and some pepekura models for reference, FS's model to be specific.

It took me about 2 weeks of on and off working, just to get to this point.

I'm also wondering what pose it should be in, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

There was a member on here that was in a plastic wrap contest he made a guitarist out of the stuff I think you could probably do the same thing to make a base structure out of it and then do the cardboard over it.

Nintendude said:
There was a member on here that was in a plastic wrap contest he made a guitarist out of the stuff I think you could probably do the same thing to make a base structure out of it and then do the cardboard over it.

Well, my goal is to just use cardboard and glue; so making a base out of plastic wrap would defeat the purpose. I kinda know how I'm going to make the structure. Just unsure on what pose the statue should be in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the posed master chief from the Halo 2 box art would be cool for a statue. Seem like the iconic "Master Chief" pose.

The general idea of him holding a weapon is good. Another good pose would be him, standing, with his weapons ready and aimed at who knows what, but hes looking in a different direction. You dont know what hes looking at, and it gives sort of a... more artsy vibe to it?

OMG! Wow! Looks like Nathan Sawaya (lego artist) has some competition! lol I looked up that Chris Gilmour and checked out his site. I could not believe the amount of detail he made using cardboard!! :eek

As for the MC statue, I don't know what kind of pose, but maybe pose him like he is throwing a plasma or spike grenade and be sure to make the grenade too! :pIf you go with a plasma grenade, I think it would be cool if you got a blue light to put in it to make it glow! :D hehe

looks AWESOME!

I would make him into a pose where he's holding an assault rifle in the air and pointing to a direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back