Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious too so i searched the reach pep thread. It may be Ruze's boot armor with AceNat's toe cap armor. Is that right surfahbum??
Ruze's boot armor is at the bottom of the first page of the reach pep thread, and Acenat's toe cap is here; http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...les-Thread?p=445993&highlight=boot#post445993

Yeah that's correct matt. I used AceNat's toe cap and Ruze's boot. I thought it looked cool together in my head but it came out 10 times better after it was pepped and fitted to my shoe. Sorry I didn't respond right away I've been pepping away like no tomorrow trying to take advantage of these 3 weeks of no school =P

hey guys i'm back with more updates!!!! sorry it's been a while since i last updated...i did manage to get a lot done with winter break sooo here are the updates...

i wanted to redo my carter helmet and managed to finish ruze's file. here are the pics
2011-01-11001352.jpg

2011-01-11001339.jpg

the helmet seemed a little narrow so i improved with chopsticks to push out the sides a little so when i resin it'll hold a better shape
2011-01-11001404.jpg

i was looking around at some other carter build's and i found a good tacpad on kozlowski123's thread
2011-01-11014329_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg

and now that i have the tacpad i pretty much have the whole suit pepped...so here are some overall shots of all the stuff i have pepped

upper body
2011-01-11014240_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg

middle
2011-01-11014254_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg

and bottom
2011-01-11014314_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg

i have started the hardening process and currently have the boots resined but not fiberglassed. i will be posting more pics hopefully soon so check back for more updates!

Attachments

• 2011-01-11001352.jpg
    2011-01-11001352.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 148
  • 2011-01-11014314_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    2011-01-11014314_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 158
  • 2011-01-11014254_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    2011-01-11014254_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
  • 2011-01-11014240_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    2011-01-11014240_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 150
  • 2011-01-11014329_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    2011-01-11014329_Honolulu_Hawaii_US.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 149
  • 2011-01-11001339.jpg
    2011-01-11001339.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 158
  • 2011-01-11001404.jpg
    2011-01-11001404.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 150
Awesome work on your Carter build so far. Your peps look clean. I look forward to seeing you progress with this build.

Awesome work on your Carter build so far. Your peps look clean. I look forward to seeing you progress with this build.

thanks man. i really want to get this done by summer so i can make any adjustments...i think im gonna have to redo the shoulders because theyre a little small for the build so i'll probably have to spend more time pepping =/

thanks man. i really want to get this done by summer so i can make any adjustments...i think im gonna have to redo the shoulders because theyre a little small for the build so i'll probably have to spend more time pepping =/

Ah, good ole trial and error. That's the life of a costumer!

Surfahbum, First off, Great looking pep work. Secondly what scale is your helmet? I have started pepping Ruze's model & I left it at the 290mm. There is someone else on the forums that has it scaled at 300mm and it looks perfect. I may reprint mine & cut the pieces out again, but I was wondering if this 10mm difference will be that big of a deal. The helmet looks like its plenty long enough, just the width for my fat head seems tight. Also, I like the idea you used with the chopsticks. Which is funny, cause I bought a bag of chpsticks for about 1.50 at a local store that sell cheap random stuff. I figured they would come in handy for some sort of Armor building application.

dude this is looking awsome, i started out doing a jun pep helmet but i failed so now im doing an assasin armor of my own design and to fit it into the halo universe it was made by a secret society whose mission is the survival of humanity and they are uber seceretive and after reach they moved their operations to the astaroid belt inside hollowed out asteroids and yeah i only have the shoulders done at the moment next is either the forarm or the helmet.

Ah, good ole trial and error. That's the life of a costumer!

haha yeah most definitely. i should take a picture of all the pieces i had to redo because of sizing lol...there is a whole box full of them =P

Surfahbum, First off, Great looking pep work. Secondly what scale is your helmet? I have started pepping Ruze's model & I left it at the 290mm. There is someone else on the forums that has it scaled at 300mm and it looks perfect. I may reprint mine & cut the pieces out again, but I was wondering if this 10mm difference will be that big of a deal. The helmet looks like its plenty long enough, just the width for my fat head seems tight. Also, I like the idea you used with the chopsticks. Which is funny, cause I bought a bag of chpsticks for about 1.50 at a local store that sell cheap random stuff. I figured they would come in handy for some sort of Armor building application.

thanks for the compliment! i used 264 x 226 x 288 but it was a little skinny when i finished the pep so i just busted out the chopsticks cut them to a length that allowed me to push out the helmet just enough so it looked and fit better. i noticed that ruze has all the details down perfectly but the cheek part of the helmet is just a little skinny. chopsticks also help with the warpage because they'll push out the piece till the paper is tight allowing for no warping slack giving it a better shape. good luck on your helmet! hope this helps :)

Looks great! The helmet pep is solid. I'm curious which forearm files you used?

thanks it took me quite a while to pep this one because of how small the pieces are but i am definitely happy with the results. pm me your email and i'll send you the file.

dude this is looking awsome, i started out doing a jun pep helmet but i failed so now im doing an assasin armor of my own design and to fit it into the halo universe it was made by a secret society whose mission is the survival of humanity and they are uber seceretive and after reach they moved their operations to the astaroid belt inside hollowed out asteroids and yeah i only have the shoulders done at the moment next is either the forarm or the helmet.

thanks man i've been working really hard myself trying to finish this before summer. i think pepping is the hardest part because the rest is just applying and sanding and reapplying and sanding till it's how you want it, and the paint i believe shouldn't be that bad...i just dont like all the cutting and folding but hey you gotta do what you gotta do right? good luck on your armor snypernight! that idea sounds pretty cool and i'll stop by your thread and check it out! thanks!

hey guys so finished applying resin to my boots, knees, and about 2/3 of the helmet. i'll get more pics up when later as it is late and i need to get up for class tomorrow at 6am!...stay tuned for those pics! i'll try to have them up by thursday at the latest. thanks for stopping by!

hey guys here are the updates i have for tonight. i was able to resin my helmet, boots, knees, hand plates, and ab plate. i have 3 layers of resin on the helmet and 2 layers of resin on everything else. i'll probably keep it at 2 since 3 seems a little overboard on the resin for now. enjoy!\

it was nighttime when i started so i had to pull out a lamp from outside as well as a curing box made out of a cardboard box hairdryer and some tape to cover up the holes. got the idea from a thread i was reading about faster curing times...it works wonders because everything was dry and pretty much completely cured by the 10 min mark only downside is apparently decreasing the curing time sometimes affects overall strength..we shall see though i'm pretty sure this is gonna hold up just fine...:)

2011-01-12200023.jpg

2011-01-12200051.jpg

1294911123176.jpg

1294911800326.jpg

1294911886697.jpg

1294911908990.jpg

1294911965332.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-01-12200051.jpg
    2011-01-12200051.jpg
  • 2011-01-12200023.jpg
    2011-01-12200023.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 157
  • 1294911965332.jpg
    1294911965332.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 151
  • 1294911908990.jpg
    1294911908990.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 167
  • 1294911886697.jpg
    1294911886697.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 160
  • 1294911800326.jpg
    1294911800326.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 152
  • 1294911123176.jpg
    1294911123176.jpg
Nice! You got your LEDs set up you got ur visor, you getting on pretty well :D Im working on my MK VI helmet atm, thanks or the carter helm pep file. Looking forward to your next update!

its looking good bro. one question... i noticed the resistor on the leds.....how many ohms is that btw?

thanks for posting! i think i am using 150 ohm resistors right now...but thats just for my setup. you can go to this website and it pretty much makes a wiring diagram for you depending on how you want to set up your lights. just have to know the specs on your led's power source and how you want to wire them (parallel or series) it'll tell you what resistors you need and if your power source is gonna be enough to power your led's. here's the website i used. http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz good luck!

Nice! You got your LEDs set up you got ur visor, you getting on pretty well :D Im working on my MK VI helmet atm, thanks or the carter helm pep file. Looking forward to your next update!

no problem gabi, sorry i sent you the wrong file you should be get the correct file in your email, let me know if it doesnt work. i havent installed my led's into my helmet yet but i am really looking forward to see how they are going to look! i still have to fiberglass and bondo before i stick the visor and led's in. good luck with your carter build as well!

Awesome. Thanks for the file! So where r u planning to put the LEDs? Cant w8 till you ve done the fiberglassing and bondoing. :D:D

Awesome. Thanks for the file! So where r u planning to put the LEDs? Cant w8 till you ve done the fiberglassing and bondoing. :D:D

i was going to put them in those two little tube looking things on the cheek but after further thought i decided im going to drill holes in the area right next to the visor between the visor and the earpieces there are two little areas that fit the led's quite well. it also has some room on the inside of the helmet so i can mount them without it touching my face so it works out pretty well that way

Thats a good place for the LEDs in my opinion, because you wont be seeing the LEDs from inside of your helmet, cuz of that bit that covers the visor so it wont be irritating you while the LEDs are turned on. GL Putting them in:)

Thats a good place for the LEDs in my opinion, because you wont be seeing the LEDs from inside of your helmet, cuz of that bit that covers the visor so it wont be irritating you while the LEDs are turned on. GL Putting them in:)

Yeah that's exactly what went through my head when I saw that spot. I'm probably gonna try and focus on completing my helmet so I can put in the visor and LEDs just to see what it looks like. I'm thinking I might fiberglass the helmet tonight after I get off of work. I'll have some updates later tonight. Stay tuned!

Love the work your doing.. ive been totally slackin on my project. Holidays was gone to hawaii for abit and then came back and back to work grind and all that fun.

Question... How did you get your size for the helmet. Did you measure from you tip of chin to top of head or other????? Thnx

Cant wait to see what else your doin with this.

Love the work your doing.. ive been totally slackin on my project. Holidays was gone to hawaii for abit and then came back and back to work grind and all that fun.

Question... How did you get your size for the helmet. Did you measure from you tip of chin to top of head or other????? Thnx

Cant wait to see what else your doin with this.

Hey thanks for checking out my build! I live in hawaii!! Haha anyway I measured from a little under my chin to the top of my head to get full coverage and allow some extra room for padding. Stay tuned I have more updates coming up soon. I'm currently fiberglassing my helmet so I'll have pics up when I'm done :) good luck on your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back